The online racing simulator
Scawen I get "Unknown Version" when trying to unlock U22.
-
(R-to) DELETED by R-to : i have to learn use forums....
-
(R-to) DELETED by R-to : i have to learn use forums....
Quote from martin18 :Because
1. Formula drift run semi slicks, and lfs don’t have those tire physics yet.
2. He might have that much power but his power to weight ratio is similar to XRR those cars all over 3000 Lbs, XRR under 2500 Lbs
3. If you have too much grip run road normal and add more rear psi if want to be a bit looser, also down force will affect grip

ohh, i tought that road super is a semislick tyre and road normal is a just normal street tyre.[/quote][/quote]
Quote from gu3st :Scawen I get "Unknown Version" when trying to unlock U22.

Thanks, I forgot to enable it on the master server.
Quote from R-to :ohh, i tought that road super is a semislick tyre and road normal is a just normal street tyre.

[/quote][/quote]

Road supers don’t last as long and don’t have the physics most LFS drifters like, hence why no one uses road supers on XRT for common drift setup. Road super is almost like running a Toyo R888, or Advan Neova AD08 semi slick mainly for racing super low tire wear really great grip for hot laps etc. No one runs these tires to drift in real life
well actually if you take a look xrr is around half the power.. ((-500lbs))

but yet still on a 270mm tire.
this is not realistic at all..

i agree with scawens first update more realistic..
I am not comparing the XRR FZR like you want to battle them in drift, it is idiotic especially when you cannot edit important things like power to keep them equal....
Well you are the only one then because the way the tire physics are in LFS they are not realistic enough yet. Find out the real Power to weight ratio of formula drift cars I bet you they are around what the XRRS which is around 470 I believe
How can you not want them to keep them equal they are in the same class and also they have about the same power to weight ratio so they are supposed to be close contenders even in racing. Even in racing the FZR was a faster car just because it has more grip not because it has more power. You can adjust power by restricting air in the info tab if you need to by the way.
i just gave you details. 3000lbs 1000bhp vaughn's mustang

edit: 2800 lbs ((1000bhp))

xrr 2425lbs ((490 bhp))
Quote from ELDemon :i just gave you details. 3000lbs 100bhp vaughn's mustang

There is more than just horsepower and weight to calculate power to weight ratio. Also you are not Considering the downforce the GTR cars have and the weight distribution
Calculating PWR
It's very easy to calculate a power-to-weight ratio. Simply divide the power output of a vehicle by its weight. For example, if you have a car that weights 2000 pounds and has 250 hp, the PWR will be as follows:

250 / 2000 = 0.125 hp for every pound of car.

https://goodcalculators.com/power-to-weight-ratio-calculator/
© 2015-2021 goodcalculators.com 490
Quote from ELDemon :Calculating PWR
It's very easy to calculate a power-to-weight ratio. Simply divide the power output of a vehicle by its weight. For example, if you have a car that weights 2000 pounds and has 250 hp, the PWR will be as follows:

250 / 2000 = 0.125 hp for every pound of car.

https://goodcalculators.com/power-to-weight-ratio-calculator/
© 2015-2021 goodcalculators.com 490

I knew you were going to send that link if you put an XRR info it does not come out to what the power to weight ratio is in LFS
?????????????????
Also not only the tire physics are different in LFS over real life. To match formula drift cars not only the tires are different, but also suspension geometry will give them more grip these cars are optimize for drifting. I mentioned to Scawen making the front wheel track wider since it will help with high speed angle and grip. You need to understand this game is not the same as real life yet due to tire physics and tire models. Also we can’t adjust vehicle Suspension as much as we need it to make it a proper drift car yet the vehicle needs to sit higher and needs more front camber limits (12 degrees max)
Scawen please take a look online and possible make the tires more realistic compared to other real life builds.

Lets talk about feelings, maybe the tires did help with grip but they only made issues with the steering, it's possible to just turn out of drift with how much grip is in this thing and you can do that sitting at full power..... not realistic at all...
Quote from ELDemon :?????????????????

Go read LFS first power to weight ratio of the GTR cars then go put that information in the link you sent and you will see it’s not the same
I think the ideal thing would be if I could get this patch finished and get back to the development version where there is tyre physics to work on.

It's not possible to make a perfect drift car by changing a few values on a racing car in a flawed tyre physics model. It's not going to happen, because impossible things can't happen.

I don't think there's too much point arguing about 10mm which makes such a tiny difference. I believe people were saying (as I found myself) that the FZR was faster than the XRR. I hoped to improve that with this update, by making such a tiny change to the XRR's tyre width, doing the same at front and rear so as not to affect the car's balance.

I am aware that both of these cars have illegal rear tyre width compared with Formula D. But they aren't purpose built drift cars. This is an update to allow people to drift our racing cars, as requested.

But I described this all in a previous post so why am I going through it again?
Quote from ELDemon :Scawen please take a look online and possible make the tires more realistic compared to other real life builds.

Lets talk about feelings, maybe the tires did help with grip but they only made issues with the steering, it's possible to just turn out of drift with how much grip is in this thing and you can do that sitting at full power..... not realistic at all...

He is currently working on a new tire physic so just let him work on that for the development version. You are the only one who’s having this issue you need to test more your settings need to test more your set up. Everybody else who I spoke with was happy the tires are wider
Quote from Scawen :I think the ideal thing would be if I could get this patch finished and get back to the development version where there is tyre physics to work on.

It's not possible to make a perfect drift car by changing a few values on a racing car in a flawed tyre physics model. It's not going to happen, because impossible things can't happen.

I don't think there's too much point arguing about 10mm which makes such a tiny difference. I believe people were saying (as I found myself) that the FZR was faster than the XRR. I hoped to improve that with this update, by making such a tiny change to the XRR's tyre width, doing the same at front and rear so as not to affect the car's balance.

I am aware that both of these cars have illegal rear tyre width compared with Formula D. But they aren't purpose built drift cars. This is an update to allow people to drift our racing cars, as requested.

But I described this all in a previous post so why am I going through it again?

Thank you for your input I’ve been trying to back you up on everything you just said. When you decided to give us back that extra 10 mm in the Drift community and discord we were all saying hooray we made a change we got what we wanted no one is upset in the discord channels
i won't be the one to make car worse just for some extra tire performance i can wait for tire updates in future...
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :U22: can downshift gears in FZR/XRR/UFR but still not in XFR/FXR while having gas on. but its really nice on XRR to be able to . but still hoping for magic to happen with FXR/XFR. with FXR its like "it wants" to shift but it doesnt quite do it.

Hi Wizard, that is intentional as you can't do that in real life.

If you want to downshift or upshift without clutch then you need to come off the power. On some of the cars there is an ignition cut on upshift to help with that. You shouldn't downshift while on full throttle. This is an attempt to simulate reality. I think you need to adjust your driving style.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :U22: can downshift gears in FZR/XRR/UFR but still not in XFR/FXR while having gas on. but its really nice on XRR to be able to . but still hoping for magic to happen with FXR/XFR. with FXR its like "it wants" to shift but it doesnt quite do it.

when in "default" mode and selecting a setup using R4´s(front+rear)
its almost as good a skating with a loved one on local lake on valentines day.
in Alternate mode this do not apply

It's just because of sequential gearbox, so intended to behave like this
Edit : too slow, fighting with phone correcting my text in french
Quote from Scawen :Hi Wizard, that is intentional as you can't do that in real life.

If you want to downshift or upshift without clutch then you need to come off the power. On some of the cars there is an ignition cut on upshift to help with that. You shouldn't downshift while on full throttle. This is an attempt to simulate reality. I think you need to adjust your driving style.

check replay previous page, + 5:20 take a look
Quote from martin18 :Thank you for your input I’ve been trying to back you up on everything you just said. When you decided to give us back that extra 10 mm in the Drift community and discord we were all saying hooray we made a change we got what we wanted no one is upset in the discord channels

Quote from ELDemon :i won't be the one to make car worse just for some extra tire performance i can wait for tire updates in future...

Thank you guys for your feedback and I am taking note. I'm trying to listen to what everyone says and I'm waiting for more feedback from the racers in case they try a bit of hotlapping in the GTRs alternate config this weekend.

It's really supposed to be a minor update but I did a few things while we had the change as this whole update is incompatible for various reasons.
This thread is closed

Test Patch U25: Multiplayer Updates
(352 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG