The online racing simulator
hope this will put more buttons on the wheel.I dont need them on shifter.I need them on wheel to be able to focus properly.
Somebody forgot to realize its for simmers who need more buttons.2 are not enought on the wheel.
New Logitech PC/PS2 wheel coming 26th Sept '06 - G25
Hi All, Has anyone heard who is going to stock the new wheel (G25) from Logitech in the U.K. yet, and a possible price?. I'd imagine there won't be too many stockist's because of the likely price, $299 is being mentioned and about$250 via Amazon in the U.S. Although the present £/$ exchange rate might make the U.K. price reasonable.
Pre-order available!
I looking for a wheel, so if somebody like's to make a gift to me.......that would be a nice thing
I'd Hope ,the pedals are better than the momo!
Quote from paddy_racer :I'd Hope ,the pedals are better than the momo!

They are the best Logitech has made to date
Quote from Tweaker :They are the best Logitech has made to date

Yes, but if you are really honest, that's not something to be overly exited about is it? I mean... Logitech's rep regarding pedals is even worse than the West Bros rep regarding releasing sims. Looking at it I just hope I can fit a pair of replacement pads on them to make heel-toe easier.
Agreed that Logi pedals have been miserable, but I remember Logi has been cool and listened to customers and even offered replacements for free.

As G25 is quite a special product market/pricewise, I'm silently hoping they'll remain cool about inevitable malfunctions and monday-versions surfacing. it would only make sense to build them better to save costs in the long run by avoiding replacements.

(And I don't want to feel like sucker for shelling out 299 euros before even touching the final product...)
Yes, and they show my problem with them... For proper heel-toe the brake pedal should be a bit higher than the throttle pedal. So for me the best solutions would either be to place the throttle a bit further back, or put padding on the brake pedal to make it stand out more.
Those are the pedals out of the casing. Goo (or someone form, Logi) said they can be taken out and fixed upside down, or any way you wish. If you have the know how, and don't mind voiding your warranty that is, you can set them up as you want.

You're right though, out of the box the throttle should be set further back slightly.
Quote from Krane :Goo posted couple videos and a new pic to the RSC thread.

n.b. Media Player Classic didn't seem to know what to do with the videos, use VLC or something instead.

link ?

much faster than a dfp which is nice but its not quite what id like to see (think frex prototype)
300$ wheel with lots of flaws (staring with the manufacturer) vs 1000$ wheel which appears to be the first one truely fit for 720 drifting
looks like a more or less fair price for what you get (sure its overpriced but so is the g25)
What kind of flaws. Honestly now, I can only name a few very MINOR things that the G25 has a disadvantage width, but they've all been mentioned before... so what "flaws" do you really think makes $300 not worth the money? mmm?

Wheel is superb for the money. And it only costs $300 because it includes the accessories. If the wheel were sold seperately, I am pretty sure it would be the around the average cost of a good Logitech wheel. Adding the clutch is of course a little more, but overall it IS technically the next red MOMO wheel in terms of quality. Adding the shifter on there is probably what boosts the price to its final amount, lots of buttons, shifters aren't cheap, etc etc.... So for what you get, of course it is worth it. I'd never spend $1,000+ on a similar package unless it used the finest materials known to man... and made by the best.
a) very few buttons - not what youd expect at that price range
b) somewhat small wheel
c) according to some reports a flimsy shifter
d) very large cogs => inaccurate pedals
e) gas pedal isnt placed behind the brake pedal

overall id say its not exactly the best way for logitech to redeem themself

depending on what drifters have to say about it ill probably still buy it but i think it could be a lot better without really adding cost
I want one, but I don't need a shifter or pedals (have 2 sets pedals and a joystick), and the wheel needs more buttons

am I the only person who thought the shifter would be bigger?
Definately getting the G25! Hope they make the seperate shifter thing out of a heavy material so it doesnt slide all over my desk when I shift, same with the pedals, I find myself bracing my left foot on the pedal console so it doesn't move when i press down the throttle/brake, and with clutch I wont be able to do that. But I'm sure they will!
Quote from Shotglass :a) very few buttons - not what youd expect at that price range
b) somewhat small wheel

depending on what drifters have to say about it ill probably still buy it but i think it could be a lot better without really adding cost

Buttons on the wheel is only drawback, but shouldn't deter buyers, it's not like you aren't able to drive without a few more buttons.

Wheel is NOT small. Red MOMO is small, and this is a bit bigger and proper size for any car in a game really. If it was too big it would suck for drifting, and would be terrible for a Formula car. If it was too small, it would suck for the sensitive cars. To be honest, it is the right size, and perfect for a full rotation wheel. The wheel is a 270mm wheel, equal to this Sparco one, and pretty much most other racing wheels.

Shifter is flimsy only because the earlier versions they made were not even the production versions which have been improved supposedly.

Inaccurate pedals??? These are the most precise ones I've ever felt from Logitech. Smooth, responsive, and a great range.

If someone is REALLY REALLY wanting more buttons, proper throttle pedal placement, etc... Then spend loads more cash on something else if you are that serious. It isn't going to make you any faster if you spend more. And $300 is not an extraordinary amount that you would feel bad about spending for this wheel.... This wheel is Logitech's next best wheel to date. Will be sold quickly because of its limited supply, that's for sure. Hell if I bought FREX, BRD, and all those other expensive brands, will it make me faster??? No, I will just know I spent lots and lots of money on "cool" rather than it being beneficial to my racing. A cheap Logitech wheel could even get you world records.... the G25 is a step-up from Logitech's usual plastic models, and very much improved. You are paying for better quality of materials and parts at least. Anything of even higher quality will cost you an arm and a leg, it's just not practical.
Quote from Shotglass :
a) very few buttons - not what youd expect at that price range
b) somewhat small wheel

A) Take it as a creative challenge.
B) That's your negative, my positive.
C) It can't be any flimsier than DFPs shilly shtick and mine still working flawlessy after two years.
D) Negative. The cogs are sprung so they are constantly engaged = zero slack.
E) I had no problems heel-toeing with DFP pedals + MS pedal set as a clutch, so I'm quite sure G25's pedal layout won't give me headaches.
I think the G25 is dirt cheap for what it offered.
Somehow this "new wheel from logitech" leaves me cold. Maybe it is just that I have heard so much horror stories about logitech wheels that I have somewhat lost my trust on the firm. Especially because my MS wheel has been through all kind of bizarre accidents (dropped to ground from heights of 2 metres, not once) and only one problem that I have ever had with it are the random (once or twice a day) double up/downshift, or the squeeky pedals. It is just a shame that Microsoft isn't making wheels anymore. At least their stuff had the reliability issues taken care of, business sense or not.

I would have really hoped that the wheel would have had at least 4 buttons (look left/right, pit speedlimiter and handbrake). Now it has only two, which are even poorly positioned on the wheel. Also while the pedals look sturdy and more reliable than the previous MOMO-red/DFP versions, logitech has still forgotten that in hi-spec-tech wheels/pedals, the pedal precision is largely underestimated. If you look at the pedal travel, the angle precisely, you see that it is less than 50 degrees. Also no talks about if the wheel has bearings on its axle. And that gear stick isn't practical. Especially that directional pad (cross-button or whatevah) is totally useless - you need to use your forefinger to operate it, like the rest of the buttons on the shifter. And because of the need of using you forefinger, you need to reach out for them. And this means that operating them is slow and inprecise.

Imho, this is again a classic example how the idea of "everything needs to be symmetric, for the looks" has been a higher priority than raw ergonomics. After all, the logitech RSC speachman, goo, said that it was important for logitech that the wheel would not look like a toy. Do pro sim racers care how the wheel looks, if the functionality is top notch? Or vice versa illepall

All-in-all, it's still promising that logitech has made such a product aimed at more professional sim players. Too bad it wasn't designed by ones.

Sorry for being such negative, but bad design always makes me sad.

EDIT: it seems that someone had posted a screen edit of the wheel with an lcd display on it. Imho, having an lcd display on wheel isn't really practical as the wheel is a) not in your sight = you need to move your eyes away from the screen b) as the wheel turns it makes it even ahrder to see what it says. A fixed lcd placed on top of the wheel would be better imho. And cheaper.
i was yesterday on the Games Convetion in Leipzig! And there I drive with the G25! And ist OMG! The best wheel i ever seen!

I upload a Movie how i drive with the G25 in the next Post!

PS: I must buy it!
Quote from Tweaker :Wheel is NOT small. Red MOMO is small, and this is a bit bigger and proper size for any car in a game really. If it was too big it would suck for drifting, and would be terrible for a Formula car. If it was too small, it would suck for the sensitive cars. To be honest, it is the right size, and perfect for a full rotation wheel. The wheel is a 270mm wheel, equal to this Sparco one, and pretty much most other racing wheels.

i could always do with a larger wheel ... especially for drifting which would make it more like irl

Quote :Shifter is flimsy only because the earlier versions they made were not even the production versions which have been improved supposedly.

well supposedly ... as ive said ill wait for users comments on that

Quote from spankmeyer :C) It can't be any flimsier than DFPs shilly shtick and mine still working flawlessy after two years.

a shifter has to have a proper resisnace though to be fun to toy around with and to not get knocked out of gear easily

Quote :Inaccurate pedals??? These are the most precise ones I've ever felt from Logitech. Smooth, responsive, and a great range.

Quote :D) Negative. The cogs are sprung so they are constantly engaged = zero slack.

ok didnt know that ... forget that ive ever said that

Quote :E) I had no problems heel-toeing with DFP pedals + MS pedal set as a clutch, so I'm quite sure G25's pedal layout won't give me headaches.

i cant heel&toe with the dfp at all partly because the brakepedal is way too soft partly because my foot would have to be in a very awkward postion to do it

pedals set up for heel and toeing should imho have a very stiff brake (pressure sensitive would be the best but i understand 300$ wont buy you that) brake & gas pedals closely located (about the distance from the brake pedal to the clutch on the g25) and the gas pedal set back a little to about the point where the brakes bite

Quote :If someone is REALLY REALLY wanting more buttons, proper throttle pedal placement, etc... Then spend loads more cash on something else if you are that serious. It isn't going to make you any faster if you spend more.

im not in it for wrs anyway
the question is which wheel delivers the most fun and atm the frex wheel seems to be the one ticking most of the boxes (although the g25 will most probably the one to go for until one of the high quality brand wheels finally hits the market)
Quote from Shotglass :i cant heel&toe with the dfp at all partly because the brakepedal is way too soft partly because my foot would have to be in a very awkward postion to do it

pedals set up for heel and toeing should imho have a very stiff brake (pressure sensitive would be the best but i understand 300$ wont buy you that) brake & gas pedals closely located (about the distance from the brake pedal to the clutch on the g25) and the gas pedal set back a little to about the point where the brakes bite

Each pedal has their own stiffness. The brake pedal is the stiffest (very hard), the clutch is is a little softer, and the throttle pedal is very soft. Because the brake pedal is so stiff, it isn't hard at all to utilize heel/toe. Versus other pedal sets most are accustomed too, this is much better because of the individual stiffness.

Quote from WIGGA :Here is the Movie!
http://rapidshare.de/files/309 ... ch_fuer_nen_LFS_PG__..AVI

Video doesn't work for me. WMP plays it with an equalizer, VLC says it is broken.... Maybe I am missing a codec, but its not working correctly at all.
Vlc gives an error but can still play it

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG