The online racing simulator
Terrible spirit.
EA... no
This, from August:
Quote from Scawen :I'm back on getting some updated shaders finished so that Eric will be able to use them. We'll be able to release a patch with some fixes and graphical updates on Blackwood, Rockingham and Westhill.

...I take to mean that once the shader updates are done, then Eric will go to work on the updates, so more than likely we won't see anything until the new year.

But at the same time, it may contain something special:
Quote from Scawen :Eric has been working on one of his new tracks in particular...

I hope that he comes with an improved 3D model for the RB4 xD
-
(FreeScirocco) DELETED by Scawen : spam
eh eh, too much mysteries as always Smile . I am pretty sure the tracks on which Eric has worked on would perfectly be ready to be shown through some nice screenshots Big grin
Let's hope an xmas thing ^^
In the LFS files there are some tires that are not available in the game, are they tires that will be implemented in the future?

RACE_WET
RACE_INTERMEDIATE
RACE_GROOVED
SLICK_HARD
SLICK_MEDIUM
SLICK_SOFT

I do not know if the question was very offtopic but I believe it has a connection with physics
There is some other placeholder/unused stuff like that, for example insim has references to oil pressure or something.
Quote from driftbrk :I hope that he comes with an improved 3D model for the RB4 xD

That will come with the rally-pack Razz
Quote from drum-beats :What is happening is that the surface of the tyre gets that hot it starts to melt slightly, so effectively you are 'skating' on top of a layer of molten rubber.

So, dampened heat transfer from the tread to the carcass would reduce carcass heat? Or a way to simulate heat loss in lost rubber?

I tend to start spinning when drifting around 70-80 degrees rear tire heat in any setup unless I change my approach dramatically.
Can't wait for new test patch Wink sure it will be released somewhere in 2018....

Hoped it come for x-mas

I feel big change coming LFS wroom wroom Thumbs up
Quote from RC-Maus :Can't wait for new test patch Wink sure it will be released somewhere in 2018....

Hoped it come for x-mas

2019 mate... 2019 Tongue
Quote from RC-Maus :Can't wait for new test patch Wink sure it will be released somewhere in 2018....

Hoped it come for x-mas

it is nice to dream Big grin
I have thrust Thumbs up

I just wish some teasers of what they working on.

We all know Scawen said it's graphics now. And that he can't promise when ready for test patch.
meant trust haha
Quote from henricat2006 :In the LFS files there are some tires that are not available in the game, are they tires that will be implemented in the future?

RACE_WET
RACE_INTERMEDIATE
RACE_GROOVED
SLICK_HARD
SLICK_MEDIUM
SLICK_SOFT

I do not know if the question was very offtopic but I believe it has a connection with physics

If you look back to the OLDEST version of LFS acquirable these tires are in there as a setup option (all apart from grooved I believe)

Hoped it come for x-mas

Dreaming feels nice but ya need a reality check boi.
I have faith Big grin
I still hope for some teaser in a near future ^^
Yeah, what's wrong with having a little of faith? I still come here several times per day just to check what's happening and if there's something new!
I guess my neighbor.
I have faith that at some point a decent upgrade will appear.
But I fear that it might be too late, as online racing is more or less dead already.
Quote from three_jump :I have faith that at some point a decent upgrade will appear.
But I fear that it might be too late, as online racing is more or less dead already.

no.
Quote from three_jump :... as online racing is more or less dead already.

Meanwhile later on that evening:

btw. I feel the test patch is closer than ever Big grin
He knows that - he was there. He was the one I saw most during both races.
Probably he refered to public pick up racing...

Any WIP new physics progress?
(233 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG