The online racing simulator
Quote from sinbad :If LFS was released today "AS IS" with shiny graphics and a cool (real) car and track list, people would say the physics are next level.

So true Thumbs up thats what i think to Wink
Maybe but the track surface sucks, same for curb behavior. Force feedback is outdated and the track surface feel is even not there-at-all. Just nothing. Yes, South City has some little bump when you go across the light-rail (or what is it?) .. And thats it. When you drive on AC tracks then you really have the force feedback feeling you actually drive on a track.

This only makes a world of a difference, don't even need any new LFS tire physics if only that would improve.
Quote from cargame.nl :Maybe but the track surface sucks, same for curb behavior. Force feedback is outdated and the track surface feel is even not there-at-all. Just nothing. Yes, South City has some little bump when you go across the light-rail (or what is it?) .. And thats it. When you drive on AC tracks then you really have the force feedback feeling you actually drive on a track.

This only makes a world of a difference, don't even need any new LFS tire physics if only that would improve.

I don't see big differences in ffb between AC and LFS maybe ffb in front wheelers to light in LFS dunno Uhmm
Take those colored sunglasses off. If you cannot feel the difference in track surface something is wrong with you (or your wheel).

LFS is like a snookertable.
Cool
(Explanation: It's a Dutch saying for being a fanboy/fangirl of something and as a result getting a gigantic biased and unrealistic opinion.)
Haha it's just me taking a peek behind sunglases
AC dont have better physics than LFS , i talk about oficial content,without any external apps i mean. Real life drifters (professional and beginners) still using LFS because still more close to the real life,can feel grip level when drift(something i dont feel so much in AC) , learn new technics, etc..etc...
i know most of you guys are a racers and your opinion is about it, but in the end drifters(like me) use all potencial of the steering wheel, when you go straight, we go in side ways ,we feel every detail on diferent rotation of steering wheel and when it fail ( AC fail more).btw with some setups you can feel it really bad on LFS or AC,this come from drivers, virtual "mechanics"...
Actually AC are over LFS because have more content and physics are really close, nothing more.
|I AM TALKING ABOUT THE TRACK SURFACE AND FORCE FEEDBACK ALGORITM|

[thanks for capital letters being on sale]
OMG !!!!!

I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH CARGAME.

OK, capitals are no longer on sale and I promise never to agree with you again*.

The LFS tracks are like a pool table, real tracks have bumps, patch's, or, like Pukekohe, are like a b road.

That's why I'd like to see the ability to have tracks imported into LFS, and given the current speed of development of the new gen tyre physics this would allow LFS to generate more online use with the current tyre pyhsics, which are still considered to be pretty good with the current cars the sim has.

* Till the next time. Uhmm
Quote from cargame.nl :|I AM TALKING ABOUT THE TRACK SURFACE AND FORCE FEEDBACK ALGORITM|

[thanks for capital letters being on sale]

and where you can feel track surface ? in your hands, right? i feel and prefer this "pool table" without surprises, than track surface on ac, at all.
Ehrm.. I am about the have a drive in my real car... Guess how you feel the road in a real car?

Or a better example is maybe a kart.
Quote from cargame.nl :Ehrm.. I am about the have a drive in my real car... Guess how you feel the road in a real car?

You only feel bumps that affect the angle of the front wheels.

I agree that the tracks are mostly very smooth, but not that the ffb is lacking in translating those bumps when appropriate. Rockingham is obviously more bumpy than Aston.
Quote from cargame.nl :Ehrm.. I am about the have a drive in my real car... Guess how you feel the road in a real car?

LFS tracks are not that flat, but yeah, some major 'waves' and holes are welcome - like eastern europe roads Razz
Try Rockingham and this kind of view with non-F1 setup.
Attached images
superviewbro.jpg
Quote from cargame.nl :Maybe but the track surface sucks, same for curb behavior. Force feedback is outdated and the track surface feel is even not there-at-all. Just nothing. Yes, South City has some little bump when you go across the light-rail (or what is it?) .. And thats it. When you drive on AC tracks then you really have the force feedback feeling you actually drive on a track.

Dunno if this is "off topic" but anyway, a remastered South City would be awesome too i guess
Get out from SO... it doesnt need update. Will only get destroyed.
Man screw all the haters.....I've played 300+ hours of assetto corsa - many more in iracing and 300+ in rfactor2....bunch in netkar pro etc

you know what - I keep going back to this sim and am amazed how great it still is after all these years.

One thing that makes this so great after so long and participation so graet is that there are a limited number of tracks...

sooooo sick of downloading a game only to find there are 100000 tracks and cars and only .0001% of that gets used online by anyone.

yeah the tracks are smooth in some spots but who the hell cares this ins't freaking iracing - you have to love it for what it is man.
Quote from BeNoM :South City is probably going to get updated in the future going by Scawen's posts: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86086/search/user:scawen%20south

Yeah thanks for linking me to that post, let's just wait for the time to pass, because i think that there are not so much that we can do to help the Devs with.
I bought the S3 content like many others did, for respect and support their work on this new "phase" of updates that are going to come on the next... years?
But anyway...

Quote from Mikus1212 :Get out from SO... it doesnt need update. Will only get destroyed.

I don't get your point, look at the tracks that got improved, they aren't bad as they were before. If you say that SO it's going to be "destroyed" what would you do to improve the driving experience on LFS? Add some shiny graphics and make it a steam game?

A brand new SO would be so welcome like any other track updated, not to mention that FE also needs some "make-up" treatment Tongue
Quote from driftbrk :
Add some shiny graphics and make it a steam game?

All they can add except shiny graphics will be some place outside racing track for cruisers which will be totally useless for racers. I see you are drifter so you probably dont care about it.
Also depending on Blackwood update, new track isnt that enjoyable as old blackwood was.
Quote from driftbrk :
I don't get your point, look at the tracks that got improved, they aren't bad as they were before. If you say that SO it's going to be "destroyed" what would you do to improve the driving experience on LFS? Add some shiny graphics and make it a steam game?

A brand new SO would be so welcome like any other track updated, not to mention that FE also needs some "make-up" treatment Tongue

dude the tracks were perfect last time I was a hardcore player and that was like 15 years ago Smile LFS should just stay like it is...it's the great sim of the early 2000s! Better than most of the crap that comes out these days.
Quote from theblackrabbi :dude the tracks were perfect last time I was a hardcore player and that was like 15 years ago Smile LFS should just stay like it is...it's the great sim of the early 2000s! Better than most of the crap that comes out these days.

I don't think anyone that hasn't driven a car can say what a good car simulator really is like. What physics are meant to feel like (you're completely right, new 'sims' are trash compared to LFS).
Quote from theblackrabbi :LFS should just stay like it is...

Why are you on the latest patch then? (Which includes new Blackwood).

Are you a troll or what.
Quote from Mikus1212 :All they can add except shiny graphics will be some place outside racing track for cruisers which will be totally useless for racers. I see you are drifter so you probably dont care about it.
Also depending on Blackwood update, new track isnt that enjoyable as old blackwood was.

How about a bigger map with new configs, like high speed, or a narrow-twisty one, or mixes of both. And a tunnel where all drifters will be drifting invisible for others! And English weather so nothing is shiny, except your brilliance. Thumbs up
Well, devs should focus on new tracks instead of remastering old imo.

Any WIP new physics progress?
(233 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG