The online racing simulator
Nearest future of LFS
(71 posts, closed, started )
Btw:
Compare the number of the users with another RacingSimulation from 2001!

Cool
#31 - troy
Yea,VW ditched the Scirocco,personally I wouldn't mind if Scawen did it too. Shrug There better cars possible,even if they're just fantasy ones.
That Scirocco was never important. Tyre physics applies to all.
Back in the day it was exciting to get a new, actual excisting car in LFS.
Now everything is welcome really.
For me Scirocco means nothing, I can't really imagine how it would fit the current car set. Okay if it will be some kind of Scirocco R implementation where it would compare with TBO cars and would be interesting 4th choice (of course not turbo, but same performance level)
I don't want an ugly Cheatwagen, I want actual S3-only content, and the Scirocco is not S3 content, so just give me my LX8? Pretty please?
Quote from lucaf :For me Scirocco means nothing, I can't really imagine how it would fit the current car set. Okay if it will be some kind of Scirocco R implementation where it would compare with TBO cars and would be interesting 4th choice (of course not turbo, but same performance level)

Ehh... I see your point of view, but if that is taken into MY point of view, then I say none of the cars currently fits on LFS.

Whatever it is, for me, it is Warm welcome to LFS, as any other vehicle, let it be RWD, Dragster, Drift car, Pick-Up, Motorcycle, Front Wheel Drive, Side Wheel Drive, All Wheel Drive, A Moped or even Arska. Heck, a frigging automatic robot car would be a warm welcome lolz. Just /ai with that car and that "racer" goes to look some servers to race on HAHA... oh man I go sleep, good night! --->
Here is a 181 pages long thread (running for 12 years);

Cars we wanna see in S3 , about car requests. Together with the 'tracks we want to see' thread, the most useless threads of these forums Wink

No need to start repeating it.

AKA "If you wouldn't say it in person..."
Quote from cargame.nl :Here is a 181 pages long thread (running for 12 years);

Cars we wanna see in S3 , about car requests. Together with the 'tracks we want to see' thread, the most useless threads of these forums Wink

No need to start repeating it.

That is so the best icebreaker ever, should one meet Scavier in person.
/s; emph mine

Actually that thread could be restarted by someone who's willing to stick around once a month or something, to keep it up to date. That way any new/returning readers have a TLDR right off the bat. I'd be willing to do it (and stick around for 10 more years or whatever) if none of the mods/devs object.
It'd have 1 line per car and ≥ 1 link -per to a pic and/or wiki type page.

Same for the tracks thread.
Why don't the Devs just release a SDK so people that have free time can literally do what they've been trying to do for years.
If THUGpro can strive just by the engine alone of thug2 then hey why not?

Also about what Cargame said: I understand the point of "Its already been talked about" well yeah. If we all followed that rule what exactly would be left to talk about? Leagues that run dry after race two?
That's the plan. IIRC something like : the current work is the last one before they work on third party contributions system.
If thats true they might as well just do the Third Party thing because I don't think they feel sympathy for anyone who paid for literally 1 track, with no promise of a full release (bare in mind they even sold it at full price)
Quote from TheNoobisonFire :If thats true they might as well just do the Third Party thing because I don't think they feel sympathy for anyone who paid for literally 1 track, with no promise of a full release (bare in mind they even sold it at full price)

Big Eye
How much clearer can it be:
"Please only buy an S3 license upgrade if you feel it's worth it to use Rockingham right now."
By now everyone should be familiar with development-process/speed.
Everyone who bought S3 knew excactly what they were getting.

Quote : I understand the point of "Its already been talked about" well yeah. If we all followed that rule what exactly would be left to talk about? Leagues that run dry after race two?

You comment a lot on things that you do not use..do you parrot what others said?
How is it possible to have only 150 laps (about 3 hours playtime spread over four years) if you are even the smallest bit interested in online racing?
More posts on forum than finished races. Shrug The less people play the louder they are..
Quote from Breizh :
here it is:

You see it happen? If yes, I wonder how.

Quote from Breizh :That is so the best icebreaker ever, should one meet Scavier in person.

Nah, nothing to do with team Scavier, more the persons discussing this.. I can not understand how people can talk for decades.. Not even years.. Decades.. About something which is not going to happen. Yes maybe at some point this dreaded tyre physics gets released in some sort of simplified form and yes there will be some track updates of fantasy tracks.. But.. That.. Will be about it. LFS is a hobby project, some hours are spend on it on a weekly basis.. Sometimes.. Sometimes some month(s) nothing happens at all.... It is no serious development cycle, so how in the world people can discuss week by week, year by year... Stuff like; "oh yes and this and this is going to happen", "and then this car and track"... Come on, can people get realistic for once in their life?!
All it means is that you cannot see it, not that it won't happen. They're two different things.

The car and track suggestions thread do not have to cause all of those specific cars and tracks to be added, to have been worthwhile. Maybe you can chew on that yourself to see how that makes sense.

Quote :Sometimes some month(s) nothing happens at all.... It is no serious development cycle

That's a pretty pretentious assertion. Unless I'm misreading it. I really doubt you could walk up to Scavier at work and seriously tell them they're not serious about it. They've been nothing if not serious about their work style choices and about LFS itself.

I reckon you have some perceptual bias that would not be solved without some serious intervention, e.g. shooting the shit in earnest about work philosophy with Scavier over beers.
Quote : Yes maybe at some point this dreaded tyre physics gets released in some sort of simplified form and yes there will be some track updates of fantasy tracks.. But.. That.. Will be about it.

Even if that were how it turned out, saying something like that, this far ahead of time and in spite of everything Scavier have said and done, would have been a serious lack of deference to the people actually working on getting the game done.

You may disagree with them but you do not get to disrespect them.

--
All that said, I will concede that I have almost exactly the same type of work style preference. It makes things absolutely 1000x better, for me and for the quality of work. And the company I started on those principles is still working and attracts more of the same kind of people who appreciate that work ethic. Win-win.
-
(moradi777) DELETED by moradi777 : not good
Quote from Breizh :I really doubt you could walk up to Scavier at work and

What is it with this walking up thing of yours? They can do whatever they want to do or not do. I am only saying to the people here, that based on a ten year history and a drastically changed lifestyle not much is going to happen in the upcoming ten years. If.. And that is what happens a lot these days, people compare it to other sim titles (-the best example-); Assetto Corsa. It has a massive amount of tracks and a massive amount of cars but this was only possible after some very serious shift in thinking of the main developer of the more then dead racing sim Netkar.

Now, team Scavier can do whatever they want to do but if at one day these tyre physics get released then I can bet that it would take another 15 years (minimum) before some user generated sharing system would be released. It's just keeping this false hope, aaaaaaaaaallll those years, that something serious is going to happen [which is bugging me a little].. It is just not going to happen, not possible in this team setup.

Quote from Breizh :You may disagree with them but you do not get to disrespect them.

Disagree with who? Disrespect? You are making too many things up. It has nothing to do with respect blabla, I am talking about expectations of people here... And the seamingly endless thoughts like, "something serious is going to happen soon".. No.. It's not. Wake up. LFS is a nice niece old little racing sim but it will stay like that for at least another ten years. Why? Because of the alternative workflow. I am not criticizing that, I am just telling what the consequences are.

And lets be honest, if AC would have the same netcode and InSim system like LFS then everybody already would have forgotten about LFS. I foresee that somebody creates something like that earlier then that LFS has a user generated sharing system. So you can link and quote various developer talk but in the end it is not happening in a reasonable time span. Lets quote the breakable wings for example, how many years ago is this?

All these talks about development plans, its fine.. But as reader (fanboy/fangirl) you need to put it in a time perspective and have to conclude it are mostly dreams.
This thread is closed

Nearest future of LFS
(71 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG