The online racing simulator
Nearest future of LFS
(71 posts, closed, started )
Nearest future of LFS
So title says all. What's the plan? No news since January. Would be great if devs will post news with stuff they working on, not only releases.

P.S current online statistics makes me sad, like we're back to 2006-2007.
Attached images
7dTprOEA5Bs.jpg
Scawen confirmed the new tire physics didn't progress since January of this year (He confirmed few months ago..)
#3 - Racon
Well there's a lot of stuff to work on besides tires.
Also is there any official state about steam release? I remember Scawen answered it but it was long time ago.
And what about to let community make content they want (besides layouts, skins etc)? I'm not talking about illegal mods. I mean official tools and stuff like that. It working well in other sims/games.
That's also been answered. One of the reasons to not go to steam was that devs would have to change company type,which they seem to not want to.
And about user created content - I recall Scawen writing that he wants to finish much stuff before considering that - one of them is also the known tyre physics,basically I got impression that he wants to include user content when he feels that there's no need to change physics anymore,any changes might have negative effect on already made content.
Well if physics is one the main reasons not to let make cars what about tracks? Or just new objects for layouts such as buildings, containers, trees etc?
Everything is already discussed, for years. Unbelievable how this forum keeps recycling itself..
Quote from Gr1jkeeRU :what about tracks?

I'm not an expert here,but aren't tracks also physics dependant? Grip levels,sidewall collisions,runoff areas etc.?
Quote from cargame.nl :Unbelievable

Welcome to internet! Razz
But wait.. I was there when internet started :o

Actually it was better before.. Then you had games like Street Rod and Stunts (build your own tracks! 1990 Smile ).. Oh and Death Track (1989).. What happened to all these great developments in the 90s.. Looks like time stood still, or is going backwards.
I thought this was old thread, but unsurprisingly, it wasn't.
it's old thread, we go backwards now. Luckily you are expert in backwards..

[...Driving, driving....]

With a car.
I still have more fun in LFS then in every other sim.

Just waiting for new updates Taped Shut

Edit: Talking to Assetto drivers many never heard off LFS
Quote from RC-Maus :I still have more fun in LFS then in every other sim.

Just waiting for new updates Taped Shut

Edit: Talking to Assetto drivers many never heard off LFS

there are many former LFS guys now in AC. And just looking at the time span you'll have guys racing in AC today that were around 8 years old when LFS was really going strong. Its an old sim by any means.

Regarding LFS' future... isn't it more or less a side project in the Dev's life now, next to normal full time jobs or other freelance work? I just can't imagine that its still pulling in enough sales to pay three guys with families and stuff
LFS still provides what I want, nothing comes close. People may play other sims now but they're all just newer and bigger and shinier, they aren't better. Certainly not better at delivering what I want.
LFS is past it's golden age, we all have to agree on that. I don't think a single update will bring it back to life. Continuous consisent updates though...
I think buying iRacing was a great decision for me. It may be very expensive, which is a downside but it is the only sim that offers consistently good online racing. Assetto is still just a hotlapping sim in my eyes, multiplayer is still bad with all the crashing etc. that goes on and AMS just doesn't have the online activity. LFS only occasionally gets a good amount of activity online, which is a bummer, but for such an old game it is not that much of a suprise...
Quote from k_badam :I think buying iRacing...

You mean renting,right? Razz

About AC - it's obvious that the italians are focusing on selling content rather than fixing important stuff,so it will stay a car racing game with simulation physics. It attracts a lot of people who want to race some Ferraris and co,without interest into proper sim-racing.
Quote from Eclipsed :... race some Ferraris and co,without interest into proper sim-racing.

SimLite Wink
Quote from k_badam :I think buying iRacing was a great decision for me. It may be very expensive, which is a downside but it is the only sim that offers consistently good online racing. Assetto is still just a hotlapping sim in my eyes, multiplayer is still bad with all the crashing etc. that goes on and AMS just doesn't have the online activity. LFS only occasionally gets a good amount of activity online, which is a bummer, but for such an old game it is not that much of a suprise...

I have been tempted on many occasions you might have just pushed me into it.
Seriously, just buy and race what gives you pleasure.....

Sims, real life, whatever, just have fun.

Don't bother waiting for any (Clearly excluding LFS) game to get its act together and actually produce an update that it's been working on for over 10 years.

This will happen on whatever timescale the developer(s) follows and in the meantime the rest of us have lives to get on with.

Have fun, and if any sim seems good, just buy it and enjoy what it offers.

And if LFS ever releases the updates promised 10 years ago, I'll buy S3. Till then............
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/vw-scirocco-cup.14598/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1awosMeKmi4

(Mods are completely verboten with LFS...)
I find it unbelievable no other sim can top LFS. Sadly, I joined long after the "good days" you guys talk about, only having joined this year.

I tried countless sims and this one beat them all...

Good physics, low spec requirements, best wheel&FF support (so I've been told), and many different display options..

I wish it would update too.. And I wish there were better racing servers Frown
Nothing new here... Surprised that the scale is on 1000. Should be at 150 for more accuracy.
Quote from TechEdison :

Good physics, low spec requirements, best wheel&FF support (so I've been told), and many different display options..

(

LFS doesn't use FFB effects to simulate what happened with car. steering wheel get direct information from car when you drive if im not wrong.you have a variable feeling by track elevation/ Tyre temperatures, etc...more precise than other "new sims",LFS have some unreal things but i can live with it.every sim have good and bad thing Tongue
Cargame.nl! Wowzers, long time I saw that name.

I was a massive, massive fan of LFS. Unfortunately it's never really progressed beyond a hobby for the developers. Such a shame.

I really miss CTRA and Sam unfortunately ran out of steam to keep it going. It was really the peak of LFS and has since not been equaled.

Some of my best online driving has been in LFS. These day's i've the money to actually go on a track. So now I get real time action on the circuit, lots more fun, way more expensive.
Quote from yeager :These day's i've the money to actually go on a track. So now I get real time action on the circuit, lots more fun, way more expensive.

...and still cheaper than iRacing... Big grin
This thread is closed

Nearest future of LFS
(71 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG