The online racing simulator
the part of path is dark because dark track =)
Attached images
lfs_00000002.png
Quote from Flame CZE :Just tested it with FOX and it feels much better now! Does this only affect the new Blackwood kerbs or those kerbs on all tracks?

Not really, tried FO8 at the KY2R buggy kerb, which had killed my car in the past, and it still shows no mercy.
Spr attached, the kerb action in question appears towards the end of the replay.
Attached files
cq.ziomm_KY2R_FO8.spr - 31 KB - 567 views
Quote from Ziomek21 :Not really, tried FO8 at the KY2R buggy kerb, which had killed my car in the past, and it still shows no mercy.
Spr attached, the kerb action in question appears towards the end of the replay.

Reaction is simillar to square city kerbs I posted about. Maybe Q13 affects only sausage kerbs?
Quote from jujek :... I'm sure is for You only change some numbers to change steering range and allow road normal tires this car ...

Did you ever realize this is SIMULATOR, not arcade game? Smile I mean, LFS does literally calculate suspension simulation, so you have to have valid model of suspension supporting big steering lock. It is NOT just a change in number. If you would just change number, then by turning the wheels to new limit in worst case it would produce unexpected results (= car flying), or if the simulation is proper enough, it would either break the suspension (if user input from wheel is considered force-full enough), or it would simply hit the true suspension limit sooner, so you would be unable to turn at 45 degree, even if the hard-coded limit would be greater.
Quote from Flame CZE :Just tested it with FOX and it feels much better now! Does this only affect the new Blackwood kerbs or those kerbs on all tracks?

It only affects those kerbs at Blackwood. The new type of kerb that uses a 3D object for each kerb lump. They do not exist at any other tracks.

Quote from TurkemirtrZ :So, new version (06R) has scirocco ? If has, i will in the shortest time buy a S3 licence, i used 2 years my friend S1 account Big grin. By the way you have any plans for Turkish translations?

As Flame said, the Scirocco will not be released in 0.6R. It will come with the new tyre physics which I am still working on but cannot give a release date estimate.

By the way, the Scirocco will be released as S1 content.

There is already a Turkish translation in LFS! Smile

Quote from Ziomek21 :Not really, tried FO8 at the KY2R buggy kerb, which had killed my car in the past, and it still shows no mercy.

Sorry, this fix only affects the new kerbs at Blackwood. I understand the KY kerbs give a similar problem but I can't fix that in a similar way. Because the KY ones use track spline segments, not 3D modeller objects.
I deeply hope that the 100meter and 50meter signs at new Blackwood will be more easily visible in the official release. Now the number in the sign is really difficult to see. Notice that not only young and good-eyed person play LFS, but also elder ppl Big grin
Quote from Scawen :By the way, the Scirocco will be released as S1 content.

That will be again, very nice move!
Quote from lucaf :That will be again, very nice move!

It was stated like that 8,5 years ago Big grin

I tested Q12, seems most of errors are fixed. Ironically, hopefully not many more test patches or changes will come on new Blackwood though, my creativity side have progressed pretty far, already round many new interesting things, similar to Rockingham Smile
Quote from Scawen :

Sounds good, though I was expecting it to be a S3 car once it's releasedSmile (Not that I have anything against it being a S1 car, I only assumed it would be a S3 car.
Quote from Hakseli90 :Sounds good, though I was expecting it to be a S3 car once it's releasedSmile (Not that I have anything against it being a S1 car, I only assumed it would be a S3 car.

Thank god it's S1 (So that most servers from S1 till S3 contains this art Big grin)
Quote from lucaf :I deeply hope that the 100meter and 50meter signs at new Blackwood will be more easily visible in the official release. Now the number in the sign is really difficult to see. Notice that not only young and good-eyed person play LFS, but also elder ppl Big grin

You grow accustomed to just braking at 1 particular marker, or near it. Don't really need it extra large because you won't be looking at it every single time Nod
Quote from Scawen : By the way, the Scirocco will be released as S1 content.

Interesting Thumbs up
Quote from Scawen :
As Flame said, the Scirocco will not be released in 0.6R. It will come with the new tyre physics which I am still working on but cannot give a release date estimate.

There is already a Turkish translation in LFS! Smile

Oh, so good.

You some new words added with 6K,6Q. Need translate it to Turkish. How I translate these?
Quote from TurkemirtrZ :Oh, so good.

You some new words added with 6K,6Q. Need translate it to Turkish. How I translate these?

Please can you try to contact the official translator ZORER who you can see in this post:

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/289843#post289843

Though he hasn't posted for a while, so I don't know if he is still active in LFS.
Quote from Ped7g :If you would just change number, then by turning the wheels to new limit in worst case it would produce unexpected results (= car flying), or if the simulation is proper enough, it would either break the suspension (if user input from wheel is considered force-full enough), or it would simply hit the true suspension limit sooner, so you would be unable to turn at 45 degree, even if the hard-coded limit would be greater.

So i JUST change some numbers XRR 70+ degress of steering range and nothing happend car drive like before suspension don't get damage and car also don't wanna fly

in F1 car is even better becouse without any problem steering look can be set to 99

but F1 don't wanna fly also and is possible to drive like before.
Attached images
lfs_00000004.jpg
lfs_00000005.jpg
Quote from Scawen :Please can you try to contact the official translator ZORER who you can see in this post:

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/289843#post289843

Though he hasn't posted for a while, so I don't know if he is still active in LFS.

I will try to contact ZORER. I do not think I can contact with him. If I can't contact with him, can i translate minus words?
So someone suggested me to turn off Mirrors to gain fps.
The good part is it works (Not by that much but enough to provide enjoyable experience). The bad part is i won't be able to see someone behind Tilt
Anyway, not here for that. Laptime is reduced quite heavily. Current best is .99 sec away from own hotlap time. Averaging 1:33.80@3Laps. Didn't quite think the track would be that bumpy

There's always a way to make use of those sausage kerbs.

P.S
0.6Q13 works great, now those kerbs aren't sharper than Baku GP's.
Attached files
New Blackwood.spr - 299.5 KB - 528 views
Here's another spot with that weird "tunnel echo" bug.
Attached images
lfs_00000018.jpg
Hope you guys will release the LFS Remote map once the new BW's officially out! Good work.
Scawen, the Q13 patch made me wanna drive on curbs again! It feels just great. And doesn't kill my wheel anymore Smile All bumps are perfectly projected by FFB, still feel bumpy but don't make that harsh, clunky effects in addition to "blow my car away" attempts Smile
New Blackwood looks pretty good), but for some reason the road is not included in rendering reflections? it is rather spoils the picture
Attached images
lfs_00000001.jpg
Q13 gives me Unknown track error and I can't load any Blackwood track. Game goes to main menu screen but there is no background. Other tracks are loading fine. I did install over Q12 (BL worked there).

Really wanted to test new kerb behavior because I know where the nasty parts are.

Update: if I try to load BL replay created with Q12 I get: Could not open file : Blackwood.
If it matters, lgh, vis and wld files are present in wld folder. Tried re-installing Q to Q12 (it worked again) then Q13 again but it gets broken as before.
Quote from Nilex :Q13 gives me Unknown track error and I can't load any Blackwood track. Game goes to main menu screen but there is no background. Other tracks are loading fine. I did install over Q12 (BL worked there).

I installed it over Q12, too, but I have no problems trying it out and everything is fine. Uhmm
Quote from Nilex :Q13 gives me Unknown track error and I can't load any Blackwood track. Game goes to main menu screen but there is no background. Other tracks are loading fine. I did install over Q12 (BL worked there).

Really wanted to test new kerb behavior because I know where are the nasty parts.

That can only mean you don't have the correct track files from Q12 (in data\wld - check the file dates). Maybe you only installed Q10 before, or incorrectly installed Q12.
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6Q14 - New Blackwood
(367 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG