The online racing simulator
Quote from Bmxtwins :Scawen, just FYI: new historic route causes issues with layouts, because of the changed track abbreviations. Maybe a good idea to make the historic layout BL4 instead?

just change names to BL2-3 to BL3-4
Omg! what an unexpected update! what I can say..., thank you LFS devs!
Really nice. I'm happy to see this Smile
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :just change names to BL2-3 to BL3-4

Yeah I did, layouts don't fit as the area moved anyways. So I guess it's more a task of rebuilding layout now Frown
Comparisons
Here!

Check rest by your own... I go now for creativity mode!
Attached images
lfs_00000190.jpg
lfs_00000191.jpg
lfs_00000192.jpg
lfs_00000193.jpg
lfs_00000194.jpg
lfs_00000182.jpg
lfs_00000183.jpg
lfs_00000184.jpg
lfs_00000185.jpg
lfs_00000186.jpg
Track looks astonishing. Fresh and fruity Smile
These new curbs are FFB killers though!
Quote from Bmxtwins :Yeah I did, layouts don't fit as the area moved anyways. So I guess it's more a task of rebuilding layout now Frown

Not a problem! because the base is still there... then it would be problem if whole map area size is used and it is decreased... then have to overhaul it completely, otherwise I won't complain... and after a while, you wont either
Quote from johneysvk :ah, sausage kerbs :/

Yeah, I'm not happy with them too. They're fine at Rockingham, but BL has always been about climbing the kerbs here and there. Because of those sausages, there might no longer be any side-by-side racing through the chicanes...
I am also traumatized about those Rockingham style "avoid or die" kerbs.

edit: but yes, was stupid comment by me before testing. The track is amazing. Of course I will miss old blackwood and the world will not be the same anymore when the old Blackwood fades away. But yes, this new is very impressive and a big step toward new success Smile.
Epic update! Smile
Quote from Ziomek21 :Yeah, I'm not happy with them too. They're fine at Rockingham, but BL has always been about climbing the kerbs here and there. Because of those sausages, there might no longer be any side-by-side racing through the chicanes...

Side-by-side rolling is an option Rofl

But yeah I would have liked to see vibration/anti ride kerbs (is that correct? The ones that F1 introduced at Austria's penultimate turn, the red stuff after the main kerbs) instead of sausage kerbs. Really kills the flow when you have two big willies on the racing line Frown
Late Christmas present?
Thanks!
Possible Bug
Not sure, but when driving on containers, shadow is casted like it is IN container?

But it is not supposed to drive on containers... unless... gymkhana?
Attached images
lfs_00000195.jpg
#39 - troy
I for one like the new sausage kerbs, forces you to actually try and stay on track at the first BL1 chicane for example.

The attached shadow looks a bit weird though? Is this correct?

edit: And another thing, I've updated from Patch Q to Q10 and now all my wheel bindings moved by one, so Button 4 is Button 5 now and so fort. Is this a known problem with the new way wheels are handled?
Attached images
bl1shadow.JPG
quite unnecessary whining about the curbs really in my opinion, what's the point of complaining about something new while probably not having even properly tried it?
I was thinking few days ago about that 45* max lock for xrg,xrt and fz5. This is very good news for big lfs drifting community! Thanks Scawen!
1) Is it an idea to prevent T1 demo ramming? Preventing drivers to enter the grass just before T1?
2) What about the massive cut at the end of the straight?
3) This "sausage" is not needed in my opinion. Can ruin someones race while there is no benefit to be on the grass here anyway
Attached images
lfs_00000011.jpg
lfs_00000012.jpg
lfs_00000013.jpg
confirmed volkswagen scirocco with the VW logo at race school Wink
report: 'dust' from grass in Cloudy Sunset weather is kinda fluorescent.

Anyway, many thanks guys!
Now this is cool. There's quite a lot of surface that is non-driveable though.
Found a bug.
If there is smoke behind the 30 (mph or kph?) sign, the sign becomes transparent

EDIT2:
Found a new bug.
Seems like the wall is a bit high than it should be and in 2 sections of the fence it shows the "sky" (see the left side of the image)

EDIT3:
Another one regarding edit2. Bridge near Chicane, both on the fence and on the ground.
Attached images
lfs_00000003.jpg
lfs_00000004.jpg
lfs_00000005.jpg
lfs_00000006.jpg
Yay, can go even this far! Many thanks!!!!
Attached images
lfs_00000196.jpg
[965] tagged team is just vote kicking and vote banning on the "New Blackwood Open" server. Pretty obnoxious.
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :quite unnecessary whining about the curbs really in my opinion, what's the point of complaining about something new while probably not having even properly tried it?

I did try it. While it's not as deadly as the Rockingham curb and is -kind of- driveable, from the spectacle standpoint the kerb leading onto the backstraight is less interesting, especially when driving the reversed configuration - previously the fastest way around was to take it, which wasn't all that easy.
It's nice to see the ever-increasing LYT object cap!

Just had a thought - now that we have concrete slabs, would it be hard to create a grass/gravel slab? I don't know how it works on your end but what I think you would just have to change the texture, lower the coefficient of friction even more (it's already lower compared to asphalt), add dust particles and there you go, we have a grass/gravel slab! Would be wonderful for rally stages.
Then again, it probably isn't as easy as I think but it's a thought.
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6Q14 - New Blackwood
(367 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG