The online racing simulator
On side note... the Carrera RSR 3.0 sounds absolutely splendid, what a fun car. Didn't know driving was that fun and also quite so euphemous in 1974 Big grin
Quote from Shirtkicker :Porsche has been in the habit of exclusively licensing their cars to single developers, which is why it's been more common to see RUF in games up to this point. I'm only speculating here, but maybe the Turbo S is still under license to some other company...

A long time ago, Porsche licensed their name to EA exclusively for a 15 year term. EA had the right to sub-license the Porsche name to other game developers, but they rarely did that. The term of the exclusive agreement expired this year (2016), and so now Porsche are able to license their name to other game developers again. Expect to see Porsche in many more games, not just Assetto Corsa. ProjectCARS have also dropped several thinly veiled hints that Porsche cars are to be included on ProjectCARS 2.

Some background: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/09/ea-we-need-to-talk-about-porsche
The new dlc is out

Changelog:

- New Porsche 718 Boxster S Manual gearbox (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 718 Boxster S PDK gearbox (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche Cayman GT4 (street version) (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 911 GT3 RS (street 991 version) (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 718 Spyder RS60 1960 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 962C Short Tail 1985 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 962C Long Tail 1987 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 911 GT1-98 1998 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015 (Porsche Pack #2 DLC)
- New Porsche Cayenne Turbo S (free bonus car)
- Improved Porsche 911 Carrera S electronics
- Improved Porsche 918 Spyder electronics
- V10 street tyres for BMW M4 and Corvette C7 Stingray for comparison reasons (v10 still beta)
- V10 street tyres performance improvements
- V10 tyres for McLaren F1 GTR
- V10 tyres for Mercedes C9
- Improved Porsche 917/30 physics with more accurate data from homologation papers.
- Corrected typos on Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport rear suspension toe link
- Added vertical wing ("fin") simulation in Porsche 917/30
- VR: now cockpit camera position is always on the driver eye position (this is overridden by the onboard camera settings)
- Fixed WBCAR_TOP_FRONT not being modified by RIM_OFFSET
- Fixed CX_MULT only using the last value in the INI for every compound
- Added BRAKE_DX_MOD parameter to have slip ratio vs FX curve different on the brake side
- Fixed some too low turbo volumes
- Improved FXX K downshift sound
- Added electronics tab in the car setup
- Fixed ERS energy deployment wasn't resetting in Hotlap mode
- Body work has now some flexibility when colliding with ground
- Improved tyre load formula
- Fixed Lock Controls penalty when player is AFK during race start
- Added brake pressure setup options for all cars
- Added vertical wings ("Fins") simulation
- Added Energy deployment limit from a single front MGU
- Added majorly IMO tyres temperature to shared memory
- Fixed Porsche Panamera wrong alignment setup options
- Fixed Lamborghini Miura long pitstop refueling time
- Fixed Lamborghini Countach S1 long pitstop refueling time
- Fixed rear damping ratio in Car Engineer app
- Fixed Autoshifter shifting too early in race start
- python new functions and members
- getTrackLength()
- Fixed Default ABS/TC and current ABS/TC level not being synchronized
- Tyre explosion temperature is now configurable by modders by using the optional section in tyres.ini :
[EXPLOSION]
TEMPERATURE=350
- Gamepad can now use legacy code for vibrations and speed sensitivity by setting USE_LEGACY_CODE=1 in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
- Enabled camera shake and g-force movements for OculusVR
I do like the Porsches, allthough I didn't have much time to play with them yet. Quick look at my personal highlight, the 718 Spyder which is the closest my favourite car in NfS Porsche unleashed, the 550 Spyder:
Gotta try the new DLC!
OMG :

Quote :We’re aware that the Porsche 911 RSR 2017 is one of the most sought after cars in the Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC and we know how excited the community is after seeing it unveiled just a few weeks ago. Right now, we’re working incredibly closely with the Porsche R&D department in order to reproduce this car the best we can!
The 911 RSR 2017 is not an upgrade of the previous model, but a totally new car. As we want to ensure the best experience possible from this amazing model, we unfortunately need to spend a bit more time on it, meaning it won't be released as part of the Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC next week.
We know this will come as a disappointment to our community but please be rest assured, the wait will be worth it! However, we wanted to find a way to apologize for the delay…
Since we announced the Porsche Program, we noticed that some players were disappointed with the absence of the 911 Turbo S. Today, we’re pleased to announce that the Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC will now include the 911 Turbo S!
As for the 911 RSR 2017, this will be available as a FREE upgrade of the Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC in January!
In the meantime, we hope you enjoy the thrilling performance of the iconic 911 Turbo S, while we work to complete the 911 RSR 2017. Not only will you have the best ending to 2016, but we’ll kick start 2017 with an incredible car!

https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/photos/pcb.1670734039619574/1670703806289264/?type=3&theater
5 pictures
They're going to have a good early retirement off the backs of gullible sim racers. A DLC a day helps you work, rest and play.
Quote from englishlord :They're going to have a good early retirement off the backs of gullible sim racers.

"Just like me". (S.R. 12.2015)
Those Porsche are very nice to drive !! But the 911 Turbo S and the 911 R are my favourites Big grin Big grin Big grin

For next year :
http://console.assettocorsa.net/assetto-corsa-end-year-blog/

* Laguna Seca planned for the middle of the year
* Do you like city tracks? Drift layouts? Endurance courses? Then you will get all of them, with a new circuit, that will be available as free bonus content, in 4 different configurations, ideally placed in Scotland and created in partnership with Nvidia and Sparco.
* new free bonus cars, like the Mazda 787B, the Miata NA, the new Maserati Quattroporte and the new Audi TT
* “British Pack” that will bring you the latest line-up from McLaren, Lotus and maybe, something more
* we’ll welcome you again in our beautiful Italy, the Country of Alfa Romeo, Maserati and the Ferrari
If it is placed in Scotland it has to be good Wink. The free stuff looks nice and so do the dlcs
Wich kind of excuses will they find to not implement rain this time ? (track inside Scotland)Omg omg omg
They are bringing in 10 foot snow drifts and a new driver aid, whisky. !
10 foot snow drifts would be nice if the physics could handle it properly.
Quote from Flotch :Wich kind of excuses will they find to not implement rain this time ? (track inside Scotland)Omg omg omg

Don't get me started about that Big grin
Not sure whether to buy this and SLRR 2.3.1 or just Ride 2 Ya right
This and SLRR, one is a great fun sim the other is just a fun game to play around with Smile
I'm thinking that too, but I'm in love with Ride 2 Uhmm

Fap Lol why is here? Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap
Yep, I'm definitely not buying Ride 2. Never ever gonna support the devs after all that's happened today and the DLCs issues.

F*ck Milestone, worst devs ever Looney
Exclusively licenced content of LFS inside other sim? That's asking for problems...
Realism is on level of 10 years old arcade car GAME Big grin
LFS content in other games has been happening for years.

rFactor

Assetto Corsa

SLRR

TrackMania

GTA IV

GTA V

All have LFS mods, whether it be cars or tracks.
Current SO looks kinda flat and lifeless on a game that has way better graphics engine.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG