The online racing simulator
Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
If you want to know which mods are the best, or actually work fine, then check out this guy on http://www.twitch.tv/ayrshiregamer

Very friendly has has his own teamspeak server
Quote from Mikjen :If you want to know which mods are the best, or actually work fine, then check out this guy on http://www.twitch.tv/ayrshiregamer

Very friendly has has his own teamspeak server

Thanks!

Went for a ride on the Promods yesterday, from Norway to Kobenhaven... man, it's so amazing and full of detail... i wish the original game was more like this! Cities don't look like carbon copy of each other and the highway exits and roads are also better. So far i love it.
Some of my trucks:

Driving the Scania right now.
It is on steam sale now. Is it worth getting? How active is the MP and should I also grab the "going east expansion pack"?
They plan to expand the game with another Nordic map DLC, the MP is pretty active but the downside of it is that you must play mod-free game when you wanna do MP.

I still happen to relax being on ferry with a huge truck, but that's individual. Ask yourself if you like cruising in truck first and then decide. But 4.49€ for game + DLC is like for free to me.

http://blog.scssoft.com/ - read this for developers future plans.
Quote from Sobis :It is on steam sale now. Is it worth getting? How active is the MP and should I also grab the "going east expansion pack"?

Its worth it. Mp could be fun, its worth it for the sp game already.
Picked this up a while back and finally started playing it last week, it is quite fun actually.

My only gripe is that it doesn't really seem to feel like you're driving a rig - no sensation of weight, really fast steering, corners seem to be really sharp, braking seems really fast. I don't know anything about the inner workings, is it supposed to have actual driving "physics" or am I expecting too much from it? Starting from a stop feels a little awkward too.

But other than physics, the game seems really fun and it is pretty relaxing and looks pretty decent as well. I've installed pro-mods and a few of the mods linked in the last few pages.
When you play the game you'll realise how big it is though.
Quote from Bose321 :When you play the game you'll realise how big it is though.

I imagine same thing like ETS2 but only with France and the rest through DLC....
Well, my sentiments regarding the release model are similar. Not only are there separate Euro and American truck simulators, but there will eventually be a coach simulator too instead of baking it into existing products. Perhaps eventually there will be an all-inclusive product, and the DLC is licenced so that one doesn't have to the pay twice+ for areas owned in other SCS sims. Will never happen.. On the other hand I do understand it a little bit. They're a small group of developers, releasing with huge amounts of content would mean that their product would be seriously out of date by the release date.

The other thing that bothers me is that ATS uses Prism3D, which by now is very old, and as seen by Promods, ETS2MP and other things, it struggles sometimes where I think it shouldn't. I guess they'll have made some optimisations, but remains to be seen how close to a ETS2 reskin with a new area and weight stations it'll be.

Anyways, I'm not too bothered. I'll get it when it's on sale.
Euro Truck Simulator Does America.
(Like Debbie does shopping at Walmart)

Didn't do a new thread for this, but stand by for Americana !

American truck stimulator

Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

"...on a technological level, it does look like ETS2 with just a little more gloss and an Americana skin."

"It feels more like Fallout than Fallout 4 does
Obviously there’s no shooting and looting, but when you’re in Nevada, that sense of travel of across an idealised, unpopulated America is far more potent than in Fallout 3 or 4. The empty-beautiful desert environments, the giant, cheesy roadside signs, the adorably unironic doughnut shops, the gradual shift from natural wasteland to hick towns to big cities, the space. The journey."

"The American iconography approach extends to road traffic too. From bloated 60s cruisers to winnebagos, from UPS vans to black’n’white patrolcars, it’s the America you want and expect. I have no idea if it’s exaggerated, and I don’t care. It’s right, dammit."

"California and Nevada are included out of the box, with Arizona to be added for free further down the line, and it’s certainly enough to keep you going for a while. But, between the accelerated time (a two hour drive takes about ten minutes) and limitations on how much detail there can be, I have been down some of the same roads several times already. I’m fairly confident Arizona will make all the difference, and in any case I haven’t particularly gone off-piste yet: too busy doing jobs to save up for my very own Optimus, y’see."

"The size of the roads and the land either side of it is up from ETS2, and once you’re outside of towns there’s far more scope to sit back and take it easy, taking it all in. This is really the major difference: there’s an openness that ETS2 only manages occasionally. It’s filmic where ETS is utilitarian. While I suppose some folk will worry that longer, straighter roads means less to do, I’m just finding it makes the trucker fantasy come that much more to life. And anyway, worry not: you’ll get reliably dicked over by traffic lights and endless junctions in cities."

Not released till 2 Feb, but just thought you may want to work on the anticipation Smile
Looking forward to the release. Enjoy ETS2, quite relaxing. I even got into FarmSim15 recently, thanks to my little 3yr old son Smile
I'm going to wait and see how large the cities are. If they're only a tiny bit larger than the ones in ETS2, I'll wait until this is on sale for < 5€ or something. :\. New scenery is cool, but highways aren't thaaat exciting.
The have gone with slightly more cities that are slightly bigger i think
I've been a beta tester for some months and I can tell you the cities are comparable with those in ETS2. Some a bit bigger, some a bit smaller. The roads are quite large though. Although there's only two states with the release, it's quite big. It's a fun game, although I do miss some of the customization that ETS2 has. But I guess that will follow sometime soon.

Another great thing is the option for parking your trailer at the end of the trip. You have 3 options now. The easy option, the hard option, and the automatic option. The hard option really can be interesting. You have to park your trailer in a tight spot and have to reach that spot usually backwards through all kinds of obstacles. Sure is fun and challenging.
Will the hard option be comparable to Scania Truck Driving Sim? Or will it be easier?
Can you show a few videos so I can compare? I haven't played that game for ages, and I do remember some difficult parking jobs, but I'm not sure which ones you mean.

Keep in mind that the parking in ATS is more like real life, and mostly toned down, but they are quite different and some are easier then the other.
After watching some of the pre-release stuff I have come to a conclusion that some of the cities are bigger but there are a lot of smaller towns and that the parking isn't as challenging as Scania Truck Driving Sim.
Played a couple of hours of ATS, and visited all of Californ-i-a.

Issues first:
- The engine braking sound is monumentally terrible. I wondered what a drowning rhino sounds like, now I know.
- Being able to visit the whole of California and Nevada in half a day is a bit meh. It would get old in single player mode, fortunately it seems that multiplayer is mere days away from release.
- Urgently needs more official truck models, especially older, boxier ones.
- Some merge and exit lanes and ramps are still far too short.
- AI vehicles still always block lane changes on highways when indicating.
- Too easy to get stuck in the small circular construction site areas.
- No bluegrass radio station, no hookers at filling stations.

Positives:
- Looks better, coastal roads are cool.
- Cities are better.
- Parking is better, but there could still be a more difficulterer choice.

Other:
- Trailer brake appears to not work the same way as it does in ETS2. In ETS2 it could be used at speed as a brake, but in ATS nothing happens in a similar situation. I guess it's a trailer park brake now.
- Seen lots of whining about fines. Relatively higher than in ETS2, but I haven't gotten a single one I couldn't have prevented by paying attention to what I was doing.
Reaction from an American just by reading the comments Big grin

Quote from NotAnIllusion :- Some merge and exit lanes and ramps are still far too short.

This is entirely accurate and realistic, as there are MANY entrance and exit ramps in this country which are entirely too short...they were JUST FINE when they were designed................in the 1950s.............

Quote from NotAnIllusion :- AI vehicles still always block lane changes on highways when indicating.

Sounds realistic to me too, plenty people don't respect you indicating a lane change, ESPECIALLY out in Cali Tongue

Quote from NotAnIllusion :- No bluegrass radio station, no hookers at filling stations.

Out that way, they probably have never heard of the bluegrass genre. Tongue And, hookers usually avoid gas stations anymore, try your local truck stop or crappy unsafe neighbourhood.

Quote from NotAnIllusion :- Seen lots of whining about fines. Relatively higher than in ETS2, but I haven't gotten a single one I couldn't have prevented by paying attention to what I was doing.

Seems typical to me, stupid high fines that you avoid just by not being a pillock Big grin
Quote from dekojester :Reaction from an American just by reading the comments Big grin

Quote from NotAnIllusion :- Some merge and exit lanes and ramps are still far too short.

This is entirely accurate and realistic, as there are MANY entrance and exit ramps in this country which are entirely too short...they were JUST FINE when they were designed................in the 1950s.............

I did not find this to be true in much of New Jersey. The slip roads are fairly long there.

In southwest Pennsylvania, however, particularly around Pittsburgh, they are quite short. It leads to a lot of people stopping at the end of the slip road and being unable to merge for ages. Sometimes stopping is even mandatory, per a stop sign at the end!
I'm a bit late to the party, but i got Scandinavia in the sale and drove a bit of each new country.

The sceneries are so good, Norway is awesome, Kobenhavn bridge is great, new intersections are also very good (shame they added this only after they saw modders do it better) and there are some neat touches through the whole map. 5/7, would buy again.

Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG