The online racing simulator
hello
thank you very much for this.
Ok i love your sounds THEY ARE AWESOME! but can u make a Golf Mk4 TDI sound for da FXO?
Thanks
Please
Can you make an VW Golf MKIV 1.4 75HP sound for XFG? Stock Sound please.
Quote from WiKiPT :Can you make an VW Golf MKIV 1.4 75HP sound for XFG? Stock Sound please.

If you dont see him active on the topic, then dont think that youll get that sound soon
Kind Sir.
My god you have a rather fine talent for re-creating engine sounds. Might I kindly ask if you could recreate the Ferrari sound used in 'C'était un rendez vous'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAg9fg_523k

I don't know if it's possible but I know if anyone can do it, you be the man.

I love that film. Even though it wasn't actually a Ferrari he used, it is still awesome!
BF1 Sound
Can you please make a realistic Formula 1 sound or if you have it can you post it again, Thank You. (preferably 2009-2013)
Does anyone have the F1 V10 sound made by gills?
Well I have been back playing a bit this evening on a fresh download of LFS. Couldn't help but immediately start creating and editing sound files to see how they turn out in LFS sound editor. It's really hard to create wav files that don't noticeably loop. The default gear whine sound in the game noticeably loops and it REALLY bugs me. More than it should. I spent hours just making a wav file that doesn't loop. It sounds a lot better now but I still wish LFS gave us more realistic sounds. It's too limited.

I've been playing around with exhaust pulse sounds clips too. This is quite tricky, it needs to be a sound clip no longer than 0.09 seconds that is just the right volume and pitch. I've had a go at it and some cars sound better with my own exhaust pulse, others sound better with the default. The BF1 sounds better with the new exhaust pulse without even tweaking any of the tone and volume sliders, which is cool. From what I understand LFS creates the car engine sound by using that tiny 0.09 second sound clip as if it was an explosion from the engine, so that tiny clip is played very quickly over and over, like in a real car your little explosions force the pistons down and causes the noise the car. Very clever, but not possible to create realistic and immersive sounds with it unfortunately. I wish the dev team implemented a better system and got themselves a dedicated sound guy. Sounds are so important. LFS feels amazing but with such unrealistic sounds I feel kind of distracted sometimes from how amazing it feels.
Gills back !!
Yay!
Hi guys Smile

To tell you the truth I am surprised so many people like the sounds made in this thread. They might improve slightly on the default sounds to some, but at the end of the day it is the same, weak and outdated system. I hope some day the devs either take the issue of sounds seriously or bust everything wide open to modders when they're finally finished so that a new sound system might be implemented by coders in their spare time. Truthfully I would pay for realistic, immersive sounds. It really makes a huge difference for me and I'm sure many others.
I've attached the BF1 sound with the new exhaust pulse for people to try. If I remember correctly I didn't play with any of the tone or volume sliders at all, the only change is the tiny sound clip that represents 1 explosion in the engine.
Attached files
BF1_newexhaustpulse.eng - 231.4 KB - 818 views
I made another BF1 sound with a different edited exhaust pulse file to reduce clipping and I created a couple of sounds for the FZR with 2 different new exhaust pulse file and a new gear whine sound that doesn't loop like the default. One is louder than the other but the louder may clip when driving near walls, but not very badly and isn't really noticeable unless you have the sound editor running at the time.
Attached files
FZR_test2.eng - 206.7 KB - 1061 views
FZR_test1.eng - 206.8 KB - 771 views
BF1_newexhaustpulse3.eng - 234 KB - 836 views
Thanks Smile
No worries buddy, it was just some playing around I did whilst trying out Rockingham for the first time. I remember back when I was active I had a go playing around with the exhaust pulse wav file but it sounded awful. It's still very tricky to create a wav file that works without sounding like your speakers are going to explode or too weak. It can only be 0.090 seconds in mono channel with a sample rate of 44100Hz. I guess this is what we have to work with, shame it's not much and so difficult to make right.

Another thing that irks me that didn't bother me so much back then is that the tyre squeal doesn't change depending on tyre type. I remember making some nice high pitched tyre squeal sounds that were great with a car on street tyres drifting and whatnot, but racing on slicks it sounded ridiculous. Frown
Skyline from Hell
I don't know if anybody ever posted this but this is the sound what I and everybody would need the most !!!

I think it would be great for 3 cars

XRT because it has turbo.

FZ5 because it has power.

RB4 because its turbo end 4WD.

Can somebody do it for me/us ?
can someone make a f1 v10 sound for fbm?

Gills' Sound Workshop
(1523 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG