The online racing simulator
Hmm, i suspect that was through impatience because I wasn't doing any. I did give a couple of warnings that I would not be around for a while and to not post any requests but that was completely ignored lol.

A sticky would be a nice reward though if I was to get one. Frankly I don't think I really deserve anything because I am perfectly happy doing engine sounds so it is a reward enough being recognised as "The Sound Guy".
Yeaa.GO GO Gills :laola:
eveybody is like this when they see gills in a server
ROFL!

Surely I'm not that bad.
Quote from Gills4life :ROFL!

Surely I'm not that bad.

nononooo................they are amazed to see "The sound guy" in action.
Or just laughing at the sound guy crashing.
Quote from Gills4life :Or just laughing at the sound guy crashing.

nah........dont think they do that...................................... Gills driving> :eclipseeh :auto: then > :hbomb: and then > :chairfall
Quote from Gills4life :.

This is an awesome work !! I realy enjoy it but the sound is a little bit too loud. I can't even hear the skid sound. I tryed to fix that myself but the sound is still pretty loud. Wich slider do you recommand me to move ??

I also remarqued that there is a lot of clipping with this sounds. Is there a way to fix that? Is it even a problem?

Otherwise, keep up working! It's a huge work you've done there.
Quote from shadow2kx :This is an awesome work !! I realy enjoy it but the sound is a little bit too loud. I can't even hear the skid sound. I tryed to fix that myself but the sound is still pretty loud. Wich slider do you recommand me to move ??

I also remarqued that there is a lot of clipping with this sounds. Is there a way to fix that? Is it even a problem?

Otherwise, keep up working! It's a huge work you've done there.

I am going to assume you are talking about the sound for Ken Block's WRX Sti. I am sorry but in order to make it sound like it does irl there needs to be clipping. It doesn't seem to affect the quality at all, just means you can't hear the skids as easily, but that is only from the interior and irl you wouldn't hear the skidding noise very easily with such a loud engine and so little muffling.
I made a couple more changes to the BF1 V8 sound. I can't leave it alone!

Change the gear change sound, air intake sound and the gear whine. Also a small change to the off power volume.
Attached files
BF1_GillsV8.eng - 159.7 KB - 696 views
Quote from wildfire083 :Gills can you update the packs on the first post?

Big update on the soundpacks. Hardly any of the sounds are the same. The sounds that are the same have been tweaked slightly as I now have more recordings than I did when I created some of the sounds. Enjoy!

Edit: Took me hours to do that -_-' It's now 6:05 AM Must get some sleep now.
ill try them all out
According to the X-Rays at hospital, I have fractured my pelvis.

Interesting.
Quote from Gills4life :According to the X-Rays at hospital, I have fractured my pelvis.

Interesting.

wish you speedy recovery
im back

i have a new computer now so i will restart on sound test video's etc...

one things bud...

could you please make me this sound for XRT and FZ5 if possible... its to match the DriftWorks Toyota Chaser JZX81 carefully drifted by Bon Bon (Ben Broke Smith).

heres 2 video's to give you a fresh taster:P

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DngTGAEYdg4

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4lyhPE7W1Xk

cheers bud!

well done on all the work ive missed out on:P
hey everyone!

i have my new computer and i am back to my original self making sound previews!!!

YouTube Channel - GillsSoundWorkshop

go on and you will find all the best of Chris' sounds!

Newest one - Toyota Corolla AE86
gill can u make a 90's honda ek civic hatch with tsudo exhaust sound for fxo
Gill, could you give me a quick outline of the different sounds you need for a really good, complete package? In car is easy, but what about others? Decel, low throttle, idle, startup, wind noise?

and how did you injure your pelvis exactly? Do i even want to know?
Hello everyone. I love Subarus. I'm new here, tried hardly to search forum to find it but i didn't. I would like to have SUBARU IMPREZA sound engine for RB4, same as in DaveWS soundpack for FXO or similar. I don't enjoy driving front wheel drive subaru :| VTEC sound fits better with this car. Friends, please help me. Maybe it's way to copy files from FXO, i tried and renamed it, but there was some bug result in it :/ I would be very very grateful. You can't imagine how much even... Regards4all
There is an RB4 impreza soundfile in one of the TBO soundpacks.
for anyone interested - the youtube channel has got an outside sound test of the BF1 V8 -there will be a cockpit test very soon!

also i am starting to add video's of normal things (autotesting, drifting, racing etc) while using gills sounds so you can see if you cn find out which is being used......

Gills' Sound Workshop
(1523 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG