The online racing simulator
TEST PATCH 0.6H2 (now H11)
(391 posts, closed, started )
Done, here is mine :

NOTE: When LFS is minimised, I have 25% GPU usage while it's at 0% when LFS is in fullscreen.
Attached files
deb.txt - 2.7 KB - 315 views
This is with Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (build 10074).
Attached files
deb.txt - 5.1 KB - 311 views
My GPU and CPU usage stays the same now when minimized.
Attached files
deb.txt - 2.9 KB - 235 views
Here is mine.
Attached files
deb.txt - 2.7 KB - 318 views
Thanks for that. You all get the same delay as I do with WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGED. It only gets to LFS when you restore the Window, after that time gap. So that message is no help at all.

The problem, I believe, is that in Windows 10 the WM_ACTIVATE message does not have the "minimised" value set.
WM_ACTIVATE - WA_INACTIVE / minimised = 0

Maybe I can just get around this by taking the other part of the WM_ACTIVATE message - WA_INACTIVE. Because if the window is full screen then it should be 'active' which means it receives keyboard input. Maybe it is enough to assume that if LFS is in full screen mode, but gets a WA_INACTIVE in a WM_ACTIVATE message, then it can assume it is minimised.

By the way, RC-Maus - I think you posted my log by mistake.
Haha sorry my mistake Smile
deb.txt attached, GPU usage 93% when I alt tab.

edit: I see I'm late. Big grin
Attached files
deb.txt - 3.2 KB - 248 views
here the log.
Attached files
deb.txt - 2.9 KB - 247 views
Yes, now it uses no GPU/CPU when minimised. Thumbs up
Problem seems solved GPU goes 0% and CPU goes 1% when minimized alt tab.
Attached files
deb.txt - 2.7 KB - 245 views
Here too, thanks for the fix. Smile
Relief! Big grin

Is it also OK when minimised by the minimise button in windowed mode?
Quote from Scawen :Relief! Big grin

Is it also OK when minimised by the minimise button in windowed mode?

Yes it's okay Smile
Just tested it on both my Win10 laptop and Win7 desktop and it seems to be working correctly on both systems and in both cases of full-screen alt-tab and windowed minimized. Thumbs up
Thanks for the quick fix, no cpu usage when minimised - also ok when minimised by the minimise button.
another log with the lastest exe.
Attached files
deb.txt - 2.3 KB - 260 views
Quote from askoff :Have any of you tried what hapens if you switch the virtual desktop in Windows 10? That might be something to take account as well.

Anyone tried this? I've been wondering the same thing.
Quote from Victor :
Quote from askoff :Have any of you tried what hapens if you switch the virtual desktop in Windows 10? That might be something to take account as well.

Anyone tried this? I've been wondering the same thing.

Works fine, 0% GPU usage when switching to another desktop. It seems to act as if it's minimised (I have to click the taskbar icon to bring it up again).
Attached files
deb.txt - 2 KB - 220 views
Thanks again for your help.

I've done one more graphical optimisation for slightly higher frame rate. It won't be so noticeable because it's on a type of object that isn't very common. For any Windows 10 users who haven't followed the thread recently, this also contains fixes for Windows 10.

0.6H10 : https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/87997
Thanks for the patch, I also tried on my laptop with an I5 4200m and Nvidia 720M and my fps's there up from 80 to 115 !!

on my desktop PC my fps's seem locked to 333 most of time, so I didn't noticed any difference from the previous versions.

how many things still todo until you go into official release ?
Quote from Dygear :Considing the amount of joy S2 bought me, I feel like I owe you guys more money.

+1! Thumbs up
Great work, Scawen. All of the problems I mentioned have now gone. Smile
even less CPU and GPU usage than before ! From now on, this is the only game I will play troughout this hot summer. Good work.
Seriously impressive. Yes, concerning content nothing changes but I think this is a great update.
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6H2 (now H11)
(391 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG