The online racing simulator
love the new objects and layout editor great stuff, are we going to be able to color pillars/ramps/slabs etc?

http://i.wk-d.com/kKmsRI.jpg
It is awesome! Good job!
Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat. The out of bounds track are the most awesome part of the circuit, those amazing houses, streets... the circuit is toooooooo much better than the one before, I used to hate WE1, but I think I will love it for now on.
Really, great job.
It would be interesting to have a complete straigth street to reach 400kmh if necesary :c
Damn I was online at WE national (at cargame, looks like Dave did a good job). Even though I tend to race at the back of the slowest pack I had a lot of fun. No performance issue as I play with fps cap at 100 and screen at 100Hz. Well I have some drops at 99.6 that I did not have before but usually I race with less cars...
The Karting tracks are real good fun but I would prefer a basic go kart for the smallest!

Edit: I mounted a handbrake last week. It is not super well positionned on my rig but up to yesterday my conclusion was: useless and no added fun. Cruising offtrack with a powerfull track today, I am so glad I have it. That "Ken Block Sensation" was wooooooow.
Found a bug: when you join and are standing in the pit, your car's shadow is on the ceiling (twice), inside the building.
Attached images
Untitled.png
#81 - troy
Quote from troy :
Quote from troy :I do have some strange FPS dips too, even though my GPU was never used 100%. There's some huge spikes in GPU usage though, on some parts of the track I get 10-20% and in others it goes up to 80-85%.

Not sure where the problem is exactly...

Sorry for the quote of myself, did a quick test. This is single player with just me on the track, you can see some huge GPU usage spikes and some FPS spikes.

edit: I'm on a GTX 770 (using supersampling)

Finally found the problem, my GPU went into powersaving mode (135MHZ clock speed) thats why I had all these FPS drops. Now manually put it in "max performance" mode....
When approaching the roundabout and switching from Path "X Route 5" to "X Route 2" the attached texture glitch occurs. The road textures load as you continue your approach.
Attached images
Texture glitch.jpg
Concrete Object Z Height Bug
Been playing with trying to use new concrete objects on the WE Carpark, but objects are not zeroed with ground. I realise the car park is a slope, but should this be happening? Concrete slab objects left at same height in image.

Slab needs to be over 4m above ground at one end of car park, and over 17m at other end.

No problems with the concrete objects on the AutoX carpark (although feel like I need construction engineer qualification now for building bridges and overpasses).

Edit: Added layout of slabs from one end of car park to other - all left at same height.
Attached images
LFS AutoX Bridge.jpg
LFS Westhill Car Park with slabs.jpg
LFS concrete slabs.jpg
LFS Overpass.jpg
Attached files
WE3_26.25m Z height.lyt - 1.4 KB - 599 views
just a little one: when you are on pos 1-32, you are in pos 1-32, but when you are on pos 33, it says 33rd on your hud and so on.

Just a cosmetic
Fantastic news! Smile
Very naughty though to release it the same day I take a 2 week break! :O
Uhm.. my first lap and I tested a kerb by accident. My car turned 180º just because the wheel stack into it

Look at me (josem) in the video at 5 minutes 53 seconds
Attached files
OH corner.mpr - 2.8 MB - 544 views
-
(MariusMM) DELETED by MariusMM
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :just a little one: when you are on pos 1-32, you are in pos 1-32, but when you are on pos 33, it says 33rd on your hud and so on.

Just a cosmetic

Translations are not updated yet.
Quote from Eclipsed :
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :just a little one: when you are on pos 1-32, you are in pos 1-32, but when you are on pos 33, it says 33rd on your hud and so on.

Just a cosmetic

Translations are not updated yet.

oh yeah, that's why... never thought.

______________________________________________________________________-

I suggest to make signs as moveable objects, rather than being immortal in open configuration area. I did find it makes a mess sometimes in racing, signs are good where are they now, but kills a car too easily, like made of something fictional, impenetrable material.

Overall, well done, as expected
One can drive through the wall here...
Attached images
lfs_00000006.jpg
A friend of mine is always saying that the entire game loos like real but the driver is too old fashioned (poor sides poligon sprite). She just hate the game because of the driver, all feels fine for her, but she says she can't understand how can be that poor driver design in this outstanding simulator
Quote from josemspain :She just hate the game because of the driver

..then I think LFS isn't the right "game" for her.
For low fps etc!
well it helped for me by doing this:
Download razor game booster.
Updating my graphic drivers
Some minor texture wrapping problem screenshot attached.
Attached images
lfs_00000026.jpg
-
(bekacercvaze) DELETED by Scawen : spam / reply to spam
-
(bekacercvaze) DELETED by Scawen : spam / reply to spam
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen : spam / reply to spam
At WE Karting the AI do not pit at the end of the race.

edit: maybe there is no pits... well they should park on the parking lot.
its been a while since i played (like a year) and i thought i would come back to see the new track..

question.. do i only remember the FFB feeling amazing or has it always been like this? all i feel is a center spring effect, going over kerbs does nothing to the FFB.

going on grass makes it lighter and over steering etc makes it heavy depending on which way im sliding..

am i missing something?
BUG with clock?
in online is good but single play is bad
Attached images
lfs_00000022.png
This probably isn't a bug as such. However, the new larger grass sprites are jutting into/through the car models. So if you drive in-car view then you can see grass where the pedals are. Seems to happen on all cars I've driven.
Concrete Wall Colour Bug
The 3 types of concrete walls (normal, Slab and Ramp) all have problem changing back to White if colour is Blue, Red or Yellow.

Sometimes you can click on White few times, and will eventually change; other times you can click, click, click and nothing happens. Sometimes you can change to different colour, then to White, and it will change - most times it won't.
Attached images
LFS Overpass at WE1X.jpg
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6G14 - New Westhill Circuit
(314 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG