The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :Who are you, rychlyjaromir?

Demo racers can't drive at Westhill. Are we clear?

Of course. Neither S2 licensed drivers. Who said I'm not gonna buy the license right after the Westhill update? Because this is exactly what I'm going to do. I've played LFS a lot on my friend's account and decided to make a step forward once the update is released.
Quote from wildstyle :u sure ??

Yeah, I'm sure. As I'm sure you are another troll.

Quote from rychlyjaromir :Who said I'm not gonna buy the license right after the Westhill update?

Because you already have an S2 license but you are too scared to troll using your real account.

Sad guys, really. I do feel sorry for you.
Quote from Scawen :
Quote from rychlyjaromir :Who said I'm not gonna buy the license right after the Westhill update?

Because you already have an S2 license but you are too scared to troll using your real account.

Sad guys, really. I do feel sorry for you.

That must be Flame CZE, right? Big grin Big grin Big grin
Definitely not! Big grin

Actually, rychly is from Poland!
-
(wildstyle) DELETED by wildstyle : Too supportive
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :That must be Flame CZE, right? Big grin Big grin Big grin

Was also my thought,even wanted to tell Flame in server that his troll account will be soon banned... Big grin
Quote from Eclipsed :
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :That must be Flame CZE, right? Big grin Big grin Big grin

Was also my thought,even wanted to tell Flame in server that his troll account will be soon banned... Big grin

I don't want to say the name here, but we're almost sure whose 2nd account it is. And as Scawen said, he is Polish.
Quote from wildstyle :why

am i troll ????

Some of your posts. It's not too late though. Stay on the good side!
Scawen, you can just put couple more pics and everyone will happily scream like pigs Big grin

Quote from Scawen :It's going well though.

Thats what people really needed to know. Nice Smile
-
(wildstyle) DELETED by wildstyle : Too motivational
-
(danielroelofs) DELETED by danielroelofs : *Recently moved to Poland
Quote from vitaly_m :Scawen, you can just put couple more pics and everyone will happily scream like pigs Big grin

Quote from Scawen :It's going well though.

Thats what people really needed to know. Nice Smile

It's probably coming so soon we dont need pics Big grin
yes, the installer will be fine. Big grin

I am still wondering if we will get the "beta" testing intially planned, or a "public" release directly ^^
BTW, while we are whining discussing about content...

I did figure out over the years, that I really enjoy more to drive on real world tracks in simulators. Even while I really love Blackwood, and other LFS tracks looks very good, and I'm generally happy about them, when I stand on the grid of Suzuka, my heart beats a tad faster...

I'm not sure why it's that, I'm usually not that emotionally tied to anything, but with tracks it works on me a little bit.

So yeah, I'm looking also forward for Rock... Big grin (but I'm not in hurry, obviously)
ok stop it. maybe we need wait only the released material. stop insult stop critiques and.. mmh only wait them. in this week i see scawen write more aand i think he is working in the proyect. be quiet and wait maybe coming soon its released and can drive in new westhill ( maybe more content. ??¿) surprise?. xD

stop critique the work of scawen or dev's team. they working in the lfs no? ok we wait more we wait years... now can wait more. Smile
Maybe offtopic but about other topics everything has been said imo, and this looks interessting to discuss:
Quote from dekojester :There have always been the naysayers/negative people posting the negative things, but they'd usually be drowned out by those who took the time to discuss the good and the bad in constructive ways, and help out LFS. The real downturn in LFS started when CTRA shut down - which was more due to the people doing that moving on and not having or trusting anyone to take the reigns, than lack of progress back then. A lot of the problem is the core from the 2006-2010 heyday has come of age, gotten jobs, etc etc, and the usual replacement cycle has not kept up with it. It will take a heavy bit to fix that, but it could still happen.

With regard to "replacement cycle" I think how LFS is "organized" plays a big role.
There always seems to be much talk about "old people" (how to get them back or whatever) but rarely about "new people."
For new players it can be very confusing to get into LFS, especially events, because the whole LFS eco system is hard to navigate.

Even just on lfs.net the "Leagues & Events subforum" has 30 categories at the moment.
A running event/league might be further hidden in subforums, so a new players path is for example like this:

"Leagues & Events" -> pick one of 30 subforums
"New Dimension Racing Events" -> again need to pick correct one of 20-30 subforums
"Kyoto 250 & 500" -> "2015 Runnings"
(at least this last step is obvious, but still it is an extra step)

Only if the forum maze was navigated successfully like that would someone find it.

For someone who already knows what to look for it is easy to find.
But it is impossible to just "stumble upon" it.

Outside lfs.net it is even more confusing:
There are so many sub-communities of teams or leagues or other sites, but no real "central place" that combines all:
On lfs.net there has always been the News & Calender, but both did not get used so much.
That seems slightly better now but generally the only post is announcement of new saisons. Further news like results or reports are still only on the individual homepages...so it does not look so active and everything is spread out again and one has to visit several webpages.

Extreme example is imo the german page live-for-speed.de
(also see: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86396 )
As I understood there was one webmaster and somewhen in 2008 he lost interesst and left without successor.
As result the site has not been updated: even the LFS-download is an old version.
On the forum the users were discussing why their forum is becoming inactive and no new players sign show but nobody notices that simply the registration-page is broken since a long time. Shrug
No offense to the webmaster-guy who probally did it all as hobby, thanks to anyone who puts any form of effort into such things.
But one guy (or small group) who stops doing something should not impact LFS/community as a whole so much. I guess in a way it shows that they did good work if many people are so attached to it Wink but on other hand it artificially lowers the bus factor too much. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_factor )

I think it is great how LFS allows for such diversity, in theory anyone can run a server or organize something. Interessting to see all those small bubbles and how different leagues/servers have a different "feel" because people do things bit different.
Problematic is imo that the bubbles are not connected: So if one bubble pops (which is as natural as forming of new bubbles) the users have a hard time to transfer to another bubble because they might not even know it exists...
-
(jjones) DELETED by jjones : taken in wrong way
Quote from jjones :Activity on this forum is dropping, today 7 members and 58 quests, the lowest ive ever seen it, come on Devs get these updates sorted!!

They will. They will.

What Gutholz said about finding events and races, that should be easier. What comes to my usage of LFS, I am currently running one league, (FM) Fox Friday, with Fragmaster team. Many people can find it, but it is still hidden in the forum section. In addition to that, I sometimes join weekly races like Rony's tuesday race or Torsdagsrace.

My deep wish is that LFS webpage would let people find easily all running leagues and instructions how to join them. The active ones should be highlighted. I know that Flame has made a Google Calendar out of LFS events. Thanks for that. But it is still hidden in the forum section. In my opinion, all properly organiced events should be promoted somehow.
Quote from jjones :Activity on this forum is dropping, today 7 members and 58 quests, the lowest ive ever seen it, come on Devs get these updates sorted!!

Thanks for your advice. I was actually just sitting around watching TV hoping the code would write itself. It's very useful to have people like you advising me how to do my job, so thanks for that! Smile
Quote from Scawen :

Thanks for your advice. I was actually just sitting around watching TV hoping the code would write itself. It's very useful to have people like you advising me how to do my job, so thanks for that! Smile

I guess you were watching some cooking program? Wink
Don't let all these whining people get to you.
Although they are very vocal, they really are a minority.
While all the others wait for things to come patiently.
Quote from pantiainen :.... all properly organiced events should be promoted somehow.

Maybe put an extra tab on the top of the forum page for 'Leagues'?

Quote from sinanju :Maybe put an extra tab on the top of the forum page for 'Leagues'?

This is in the works and I'm aiming to introduce the first version very soon.
Sounds promising Thumbs up
Fap

Nice updatez
Quote from " :This is in the works and I'm aiming to introduce the first version very soon.

Thanks Vic' for making regular updates on the website and being really responsive for our bug reports and suggestions Smile

Hope that we'll have "World" tab after that Smile
Attached images
Screenshot_2.png
Quote from Scawen :

Scawen i was not telling u how to do ur job,i was mearly saying that activity seems to have dropped,im sorry if i came across that way, I will delete that post,Frown
No worries.

We are at full power getting this finished at the moment.
Now it sounds like having F-Mode ( Force )

Makes things a lot faster what I have heard
Quote from Scawen :No worries.

We are at full power getting this finished at the moment.

Can we expect a test patch by the end of this week?
This thread is closed

Westhill Progress (November)
(946 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG