The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
They are consistent corner to corner - go 4 wheels over the white line and you'll get the 1x that you deserve. The actual off-track limit seems to be the outside edge of the kerb, so if you put the centreline of your car over that you're going to get a 1x.

Problem is it's a 19 turn track but so many of them are difficult corners where you can push too hard, run wide and rack up incidents.

But if you can find a corner at Spa where you get a 1x without going 4 wheels over the white line, please post a screenshot.
Quote from boothy :But if you can find a corner at Spa where you get a 1x without going 4 wheels over the white line, please post a screenshot.

Twice I've got a 1x on the inside of whatever the corner after Rivage is called with 2 wheels most definitely on the track. I'll try and get a screenie later. (Although that is potentially with 2 wheels on the inside kerb, which apparently isnt a kerb?!)

Also thanks for confirming that it is the centre of the car that is used for the reference, I was just wondering earlier whether they use the wheels, CoG or geometric centre to work it out.

EDIT: And my other rant regarding off tracks is how the hell on some tracks you can get a 1x on the inside of a corner without getting a slow down, and on others you can get a slow down without getting a 1x?!?!
I hope the admins of MoE do this to George Li Wright
Anyone has setups for the V8s? It really sucks how the iRacing community doesn't help in that series, I don't have time to learn how to do a setup, even the time to create one from baseline, I just want to do casual racing and they don't have "setup shops" like other series.
I will thank you very much if anyone shares some setups.
So found a promotion code (3 month iRacing for only 9 dollar), think I'm gonna resub then since LFS is dead. Gotta get the content for MoE (hope this won't be more than 70 dollars), but first of all I need a new wheel.

My wheel history (MS Sidewinder FF, Logitech Momo Racing, G25 and G27). I found a brand new G27 on eBay for only 200€ and a new Driving Force GT for about 115€. But after being in the city two hours ago and checking those two against each other I really have to say that the DF GT seems to have kinda cheap materials so I think I would purchase the 200€ G27. Or what do you guys think? Smile
DFGT doesn't even compare to the G series in quality in my opinion. Just go for the G27, if that's your budget.
You're right and I already had a G27 so a DFGT would be a big step backwards IMO. Smile

Well honestly at the moment I'm doing a shitty sidejob in the discotheque while getting my A levels. So I don't have a lot of money but I want to get back to racing Smile
Buying the 3 tracks will be $40, plus the car your team is driving - though if you get the RUF you can also use the C-spec version in 2 other series as well.
Cars Owned: 7/41

Tracks Owned: 12/67

Next Billing Date: 2015-03-29

Sounds good Smile

I will definitely not buy all the content, I just figured out that the max. amount of content (tracks and cars) I'd purchase will be around 110-120 dollars, so that's really ok for me. Smile Also ordered the G27 today, looking forward to do some first races in the Skip to increase my iRating, which is currently at 1557. For MoE I will need 1900 as one guy told me in the iR forums.

Yeah will be difficult to find any team for the upcoming 24 hours at Spa, so if somebody knows a team which needs drivers don't hesitate to contact me Big grin

Thanks for your help so far guys!
Quote from Timo1992 :Cars Owned: 7/41

Sounds good Smile

I will definitely not buy all the content, I just figured out that the max. amount of content (tracks and cars) I'd purchase will be around 110-120 dollars, so that's really ok for me. Smile Also ordered the G27 today, looking forward to do some first races in the Skip to increase my iRating, which is currently at 1557. For MoE I will need 1900 as one guy told me in the iR forums.

Yeah will be difficult to find any team for the upcoming 24 hours at Spa, so if somebody knows a team which needs drivers don't hesitate to contact me Big grin

Contemplating entering a second car for LLM. Not exactly sure yet though. But I did see you post. Good luck getting it up to a 1900, I'm sure you will manage if you actually try. My road irating is really pathetic, because quite frankly, I don't use it much.
Quote from Bmxtwins :
Quote from Timo1992 :Cars Owned: 7/41

Sounds good Smile

Contemplating entering a second car for LLM. Not exactly sure yet though. But I did see you post. Good luck getting it up to a 1900, I'm sure you will manage if you actually try. My road irating is really pathetic, because quite frankly, I don't use it much.

Just gotta stay out of trouble. Sure it will work then, I will do some races with the Skip, Cadillac and Mazda Smile

Yeah maybe I will find a team for the last two 6 hour races, hopefully. But if there's still the possibility for 24h I'm always ready to go Smile
So I did some races with the Skip Barber on COTA and I really have to say: This is totally shit. I will never ever increase my iRating (which is now at 1462) because this car is just so shit to drive and all of the drivers in those grids just always slam into me.
If I don't finish the races in the first half of the field, the iRating will always sink.

So MoE won't be possible for me.

I'm sure that it's just the Skip Barber in this SIM which is so rubbish to drive, but I don't want to spend 100 dollars just for other cars and series to increase the iRating to the MoE standard and afterwards I won't drive em anyways.

So it seems (after now 24 dollars less in my pocket) that I'm out of this and will concentrate on the Vires F1 Championship and the upcoming 24h DoP race.
Well you definitely not with that attitude... do some MX-5 or Solstice races at Charlotte instead. Or some more practice and get nearer the front with a qualifying time that isn't 8 seconds off the pole...
Quote from boothy :Well you definitely not with that attitude... do some MX-5 or Solstice races at Charlotte instead. Or some more practice and get nearer the front with a qualifying time that isn't 8 seconds off the pole...

You are right, it's just that I'm a little bit 'temperamental' and get frustrated quite fast. Frown

Driving the MX5 on Limerock at the moment, seems to be much better for me.

Anyways my goal is just to get the 1900 and then I will never do the public league racing again. Only hosted sessions.
The skippy drives well at some tracks and not others

Finally a positive result after a long time of fixing controls (more FFB) and some practise laps.

Let's see what the next race will be. But first of all: practise again.
Quote from Timo1992 :So I did some races with the Skip Barber on COTA and I really have to say: This is totally shit. I will never ever increase my iRating (which is now at 1462) because this car is just so shit to drive and all of the drivers in those grids just always slam into me.
If I don't finish the races in the first half of the field, the iRating will always sink.

So MoE won't be possible for me.

I'm sure that it's just the Skip Barber in this SIM which is so rubbish to drive, but I don't want to spend 100 dollars just for other cars and series to increase the iRating to the MoE standard and afterwards I won't drive em anyways.

So it seems (after now 24 dollars less in my pocket) that I'm out of this and will concentrate on the Vires F1 Championship and the upcoming 24h DoP race.

I got up to a 2000 road iRating... they start you at 1500 anyways
Will see how the next races will be. Smile

But I got a much better feeling for the Skip in the last race compared to the races before.
Has anyone got a spare account with daytona on it? I would like to do the ir daytona 24 thing. Willing to pay or give credit.

(mature 4000ir racer)
Quote from anttt69 :Has anyone got a spare account with daytona on it? I would like to do the ir daytona 24 thing. Willing to pay or give credit.

(mature 4000ir racer)

1- why not use your own account?
2- account sharing is not allowed in iracing
Because i aint paying $24 to enter one race &

i doubt that has stopped anyone before
Quote from anttt69 :Because i aint paying $24 to enter one race &

i doubt that has stopped anyone before

I'd be careful. They'd probably sue you for a few million.
Quote from Timo1992 :Will see how the next races will be. Smile

But I got a much better feeling for the Skip in the last race compared to the races before.

if you get your irating up, LLM 2 has an extra spot for the MoE race. High likelihood of Lol's and rolls because Matt is driving.

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG