The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
Quote from Bmxtwins :
Quote from chanoman315 :I don't know why but in LFS I can be 1 second off a WR but in iRacing can't go near 5 seconds of a good laptime, I just don't get that game.

that's because a lot of iRacing is setup. IndyCar is perfect example. You can go to a flat out track and be a second off pace despite having the same gears and aero settings as some one. Every minor adjustment plays in a lot.

I've driven the F1 car and it really is unrealistic. But, with a proper setup it feels half decent I must admit.

I still end up several seconds off the pace even in fixed set series. :/ Like last week with the Skippys at COTA, (Ok not fixed set but damn close!) I was over 4 seconds a lap slower than the fastest people (2:27-2:32), which is over 2 seconds per min of laptime. In LFS I'm ~1s per min of laptime slower than the best and IRL a tad less than that. I really don't understand the very big spread of times in iR.
LFS is much easier to drive. Slip angle is much bigger in LFS so mistakes cost you less time and are harder to make in LFS. Also in LFS you can brake 100% much easier, it doesn't try to kill you if you brake hard and turn at the same time the way iRacing does. Oh and the drivers are usually better in iRacing than in LFS, which makes a difference too.
Quote from IsaacPrice :LFS is much easier to drive. Slip angle is much bigger in LFS so mistakes cost you less time and are harder to make in LFS. Also in LFS you can brake 100% much easier, it doesn't try to kill you if you brake hard and turn at the same time the way iRacing does. Oh and the drivers are usually better in iRacing than in LFS, which makes a difference too.

What she said, plus, most the time it feels as if you're driving on stone tires and half the time ffb is too slow and wacky for that reason.
I think FFB feels awesome in iRacing, it helps you in every way to save any slips, and you really can save them (given that you have the ability coming from years of simracing, which makes you see the slide before it even happened). I gotta agree with Isaac though. LFS favours sliding too much, and the drivers are a whole tier better in iRacing. After all, giving the feeling of "professionality" is attracting to good drivers. Can't describe the brakes better than Isaac. In LFS you can solve every turns with a binary brake pedal usage (0% or 100%) with a little bit of throttle control, while in iR you can rarely ever flat the brakes out. Not even with ABS.
Plus when was the last time you went to a completely new track in LFS, in a difficult car and did some laps anywhere near the WR time..?
Quote from IsaacPrice :LFS is much easier to drive. Slip angle is much bigger in LFS so mistakes cost you less time and are harder to make in LFS. Also in LFS you can brake 100% much easier, it doesn't try to kill you if you brake hard and turn at the same time the way iRacing does. Oh and the drivers are usually better in iRacing than in LFS, which makes a difference too.

This is very true. And also I think I've got used to how to drive in LFS (i.e. sliding is ok!) whereas I'm still trying to figure out iR (where is really isn't!)
Kristi my sun Brutus. About the only simulation that has this excessive need to use your eyes and see the slid coming is IR. This is telling you that the game is having arcade feel on you, but you should feel it right in the moment too. Not after it. Your faint attempt to praise IR ffb is pure bullshit mate.
I was just trying to say aside all the extra realism ffb is iracings weak area. This is hard on Mexican dude who is wondering what is with 5second gap. I don't wanna start comparing this payware with other sims now. But it is what it is. End of ramble about IR ffb, for now.
LFS don't even have bumps on the concrete bro, not really comparable.
That is a good point there. I remember suffering with Sebring on GT3s with random snappy slides, because of hitting the bumps in a wrong angle, especially in T1. Can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but it adds to the feeling that you are planted on the road and not just floating above it. I quite like it.
I think iRacing's FFB is where it excels. Rather, it lacks in tire physics. The tires lack feeling often on some cars. But, the FFB is good and I can really feel the car getting loose or tight. The problem is often the car gets so loose so quickly.
Some cars just snap and you loose control, others have massive understeer.

Signups are now open for Masters of Endurance season 2014/15! The rules are also on our website, so have a read and let us know what you think. We're also pleased to announce the first of our sponsors - Derek Speare Design and iGP Manager - more information to come on that front.
Looks like I gotta get my road iRating up a bit.
New build out soon! Driver swaps
Finally out
Aaaaaand it's down again.
Aaaand up aga... nope, it's down.

Possibly up. but I've lost my helmet.

EDIT: Helmet back.

EDIT2: Aaaaaaaand it's down again
Yesterday, for the first time in many years, I had that 'swap feeling' again while behind a wheel. I think I'm going to enjoy this, a lot.
Nice build, looks like a lot of fun!
MoE is gonna be fun. 2 weeks to go till the first race and lots of testing going on already.

Never got to experience real endurace in LFS, so Im glad to be a part of it in iR now.
Good god is the website broken.
Coming up at 5pm GMT is the inaugural RaceSpot TV 24 hours of Spa.

Myself and Wil Vincent will be commentating on the full 24 hours for charity and we would appreciate it if you tuned in at some point to see what it's all about.

Stream link : www.iracing.com/live/

Twitter #racespot24

Get involved and enjoy the show.

- Oscar.

Note : Should this not be ok to post here admins feel free to remove it.

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG