The online racing simulator
A New Site
(469 posts, started )
Quote from vitaly_m :Really disappointing to see that there is so little people mentioned the lack of new posts marker at the subforums'... Really painful to check everything I might be interesting in.

That is done now

Also, now you can see an Online activity list at the bottom of the forum homepage.
I have a small disturbing thing appearing on one particular topic in Improvment Suggestion section : "Cars we wanna See in S3" : When clicking on Go to last post buton, it brings me onto page 88 (I have displayed 50 posts per page), and on this page 88 there is nothing ... Last post is on page 87
Some small non important notes:

1. title in forum could/should be like the starting point (LFS - Forum) LFS Forum - [Thread] instead of LFS - [Thread] or something similar

2. There is no canoniocal tag use while you often could use many links to one site/content. For example:
www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86391/page/16
www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86391/page/17
www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86391/page/16/

Only one example in the forum don't know if there are other more important cases.

EDIT:
3. I would call it a bug - on page 2 and above forum looses thread title after topic id.

www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86391/page/16 -> www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86391-A-New-Site/page/16

Same if you click back on page 1. Also one more case for canonical tag
Yes there are several ways to in the worst case inject unwanted links into google.
Think of www.lfs.net/ do not buy this game for example

By the way those titles are also possible through a forum post, because the forum tag currently doesnt get added and it looks like normal site content.
favicon.ico is missing.
Quote from cargame.nl :favicon.ico is missing.

The icon itself is there, but the link code in <head> is missing indeed.

But it seems like most browsers are able to find the icon anyways (?).
Considering i've been using the old site for almost 8 years, i don't like the new layout lol. It'll grow on me over time though and i appreciate the update.
Dunno, my tab is gray (Palemoon). //edit; I have favicon again. Maybe it was only here local?
--

Another thing, those Twitter/Facebook and Google icons cause a massive slowdown with page loading time. It generally is a bad idea to make a website dependent on other servers/websites.

1) It's a privacy issue for the people who read this forum. Those "social" communities can track exactly what webpage somebody is reading with help of those icons
2) It slows everything down, if one of those sites have a server problem content is not being shown at all. If these icons really need to appear everywhere it's better to display it àfter DOM content has been downloaded. Better known as async social buttons. My own opinion; social buttons are useless, especially on a forum.

http://www.webpagetest.org/result/140920_N5_FHN/1/details/
Having some times ... there are few small inaccuracies on the cars description (maybe due to some tuning during the life of LFS) between LFS and website:

differences between LFS , website
XFG => 942Kg , 940Kg
XRG => 1150Kg , 1167Kg
FXR => 1100Kg , 1130Kg
MRT => 221Kg , 222Kg
XRT => 1223Kg , 1224Kg | 247bhp , 245bhp | 345Nm , 325Nm
RB4 => 1210Kg (lighter than XRT ??), 1224Kg | 243bhp , 241bhp | 340Nm , 319Nm
FXO => 1136Kg , 1128Kg
LX4 => 499Kg , 518Kg
LX6 => 539Kg , 540Kg
FZ5 => 1380Kg , 1379Kg
XFR => 840Kg , 836Kg | 230bhp , 240bhp | 260Nm , 270Nm
FO8 => 450bhp , 458bhp | 385Nm , 401Nm
BF1 => 720bhp , 722bhp | 284Nm , 288Nm
How about putting a link to LFSForum in the top bar which goes with you when you scroll down (the one which has links to Home, World, Manual, Merchandise,Log Out...)? It would be a nice way to go back to the main forum page without scrolling to the top or the bottom.
Such link have
Attached images
2014-09-21_142130.jpg
He meant there should be a link in the fixed top bar, together with LFSHome, LFSWorld etc.

Not a bad idea
Quote from Flame CZE :He meant there should be a link in the fixed top bar, together with LFSHome, LFSWorld etc.

Not a bad idea

I'm know. But there is what I'm showed in this screenshot.
But as I said, then there would be no need to go to the top or to the bottom. You would always have the link.
There is no smile faces on the new page like thumb up face , sunglass face etc. plis add this
Smileys are still there,you just need to type the code yourself. See? So the actual suggestion should be to add clickable smileys,as very few remembers those codes. I remember just few,like this one:
yes
Oh, I'm not a moderator any more
Quote from Gunn :Oh, I'm not a moderator any more

You've been away for a while, haven't you?
I guess a mistake or oversight, I've emailed Victor.
Quote from Scawen :I guess a mistake or oversight, I've emailed Victor.

Thanks. I haven't received a reply from a message I sent you a few weeks ago. Did you get it?
I don't think so, at least I can't find it or remember it. Was it an email?
Quote from Scawen :I don't think so, at least I can't find it or remember it. Was it an email?

It was a forum message. Aug 13, or thereabouts.

A New Site
(469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG