The online racing simulator
A New Site
(469 posts, started )
Quote from cargame.nl :Oh no... Not here also

It's a forum not some kind of voting.

I'd be all for a "thanks" type of system, plenty of forums have them. It's a really simple way to say "I agree with this guy" without typing a whole new post.
I'm absolutely against that nonsense but ah well.. As long as there is an option to hide, it's possible to live with it I think. But seen from an internet marketing view its a pretty bad move. All I say. People also don't know how to communicate anymore. Imagine real life; "like, like" .. "twit twat 160 char".. Humanity goes backwards instead of forwards, like a baby which cannot barely talk or read.

--
But eeehh...

Congrats to the new implementation of the site, all in all its a very good job!
scawen you must be saling your phisis and tyre model to AC, PCARS.you could be rich and we are happiest
Quote from Retamosa :scawen you must be saling your phisis and tyre model to AC, PCARS.you could be rich and we are happiest

I don't think this pertains to the new website.. But why would he do that when he has a perfectly good sim to apply them to already?

On a side note: It seems that the friends lists haven't transferred to the new forum. I also don't seem to have the team or racer type options in my profile settings.
CONTACT INFORMATION
In the reference to social networks, there must be added the tag "_blank".
Yay, I'm finally able to post

Spoiler - click to reveal
Nice webs btw
Yeah, I'm also having the issue where it emails me for no apparent reason. I've not logged into the website in a few days and this was the only thread I've replied too. Now every like 12 hours, I get an update on what's going on, in this thread for no apparent reason. I don't want that. I did not even subscribe to it. Second question. Is this running vBulletin in the background, or is this Vic's code?
As videos and gifs can now be embedded, webm support would be nice
Quote from Dygear :Yeah, I'm also having the issue where it emails me for no apparent reason. I've not logged into the website in a few days and this was the only thread I've replied too. Now every like 12 hours, I get an update on what's going on, in this thread for no apparent reason.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/subscriptions

Set to no email, scroll through all subscriptions untill you get to the botom and click update.

If only you guys would read the forum a bit..
It does not stay updated for me. Only thing that works is by selecting "subscribe without emain notifications" in that advanced reply page.
The feature I miss most is multi quote. It's on the list. Too much copying and pasting to reply to a few people.

Quote from Becky Rose :I would say a better choice of wording would be "adaptive design" - but we live in an era where the period symbol has been 'abbreviated' to "lol" - so what would I know...

"Adaptive" is so much better! Anyone can understand it and it sounds good.

The plain trouble with "responsive" is it already has a clear meaning. A responsive website is one that reacts quickly and clearly to your actions.

Quote from Dygear :Second question. Is this running vBulletin in the background, or is this Vic's code?

No VB, it's all Victor's code.

Quote from bogdani.cojocaru :Set to no email, scroll through all subscriptions untill you get to the botom and click update.

If only you guys would read the forum a bit..

That page doesn't invite you to click "update". Might be better if each selector would automatically update. There's nothing there to suggest I should scroll down past 1000 lines to click another button, when I've already told it what I want it to do.
Quote from Scawen :That page doesn't invite you to click "update". Might be better if each selector would automatically update. There's nothing there to suggest I should scroll down past 1000 lines to click another button, when I've already told it what I want it to do.

Yes true but assuming that programming it to automatically save the updates takes longer, temporary solution would be to move the update button on top. Would be hard to miss.
Quote from bogdani.cojocaru :Yes true but assuming that programming it to automatically save the updates takes longer, temporary solution would be to move the update button on top. Would be hard to miss.

True, at the top would be far better because the ones you want to change are probably at the top.

I think Victor doesn't use subscriptions so he is imagining 10 on the page, rather than over 1000, which isn't easy to scroll through and I have to use the scroll bar.

Edit : OK I can use the "End" key. Anyway, if most people don't even know there is an update button, it should be at the top, as you say.
Quote from Scawen :
Quote from bogdani.cojocaru :Yes true but assuming that programming it to automatically save the updates takes longer, temporary solution would be to move the update button on top. Would be hard to miss.

True, at the top would be far better because the ones you want to change are probably at the top.

I think Victor doesn't use subscriptions so he is imagining 10 on the page, rather than over 1000, which isn't easy to scroll through and I have to use the scroll bar.

Edit : OK I can use the "End" key. Anyway, if most people don't even know there is an update button, it should be at the top, as you say.

Well, the subscriptions page has a different set of problems. It tries to modify the DOM inside of a loop, which blocks the loop from executing the next one until DOM modified, repaint occurs, reflow (possibly). With 2000+ subscriptions, the subscriptions page is frozen until everything finishes. Considering that's effectively my "gateway" to the forums (along with most people, just in a curated unread only form from the old forums), it affects usability a lot.
Looks like there's a bug with subscriptions, unsubscribing from deleted threads isn't possible. Clicking "Remove" does nothing.
I guess signatures aren't implemented? At least avatars are enabled to demo players.
No signatures... GREAT!

I hope they are not implemented. I really like the idea of a forum with mostly relevant text and not full of confusing signature text (which is so unfunny after you've read it 500 times). If there must be signatures, I hope they can be limited to a single line with no large text.

Interesting thoughts on "like" or "+1". I understand how that could be out of place on a forum. Because, if you have something to add, you can say it. But there does seem to be a use for them, to lend support to ideas without spamming the place up. Certainly not a high priority at the moment.

Interesting thoughts on not including a "-1" or "dislike" because it can be used as some kind of bullying.
Don't you remember? +1 / Thanks was activated many years before for a short time/experiment.
I think the reason to deactivate it again was that it supported bashing at each other.
Only saying to let you think over an implementation of this functionality - you might deactivate short after .

In my opinion it can be a nice system, you have almost everywhere these days, but it involves the danger I pointed out above.
An advanced search feature would be nice, so we can search by username, posts or threads, more, etc.
A must have for any forum IMO.

BTW it's 2014, it's time to allow .7z for attachments

And I've found a big bug: Victor appears as being S3 licensed
(I know it must be a custom title )
Quote from Lotesdelere :An advanced search feature would be nice, so we can search by username, posts or threads, more, etc.
A must have for any forum IMO.

I agree. Can't live without that

Quote from Lotesdelere :BTW it's 2014, it's time to allow .7z for attachments

Yup.

Quote from Lotesdelere :And I've found a big bug: Victor appears as being S3 licensed
(I know it must be a custom title )

Where did you find that?
There is one thing I found lost after the migration. When you look at the subforums (inside the Leagues and Events forums for example) being at the main forum page, you can't see which forums have been updated. Is it planned to add this feature?
Very nice site.
Just wondering if LFSworld is going to get a complete makeover as well..that would be awesome!

A New Site
(469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG