The online racing simulator
A New Site
(469 posts, started )
Gotcha, missed that one.
Yes that would be good! Also it would be nice if I could just click "like" or "+1" or something on your post instead of spamming another post.
Impressive out of the blue surprise to say the least I am testing the new hosting service, so far my favorite new "feature". Really happy with it. I suppose the ability to host a custom InSim app would require to much work?
Quote from MousemanLV :
Quote from Matrixi :Would be really nice if clicking a thread title would take you to the last unread post, like it did on the old forum.

There's a button (arrow >) for it already, located below on the right side of the time when the post was publicized.

Am I missing something, because I can only see an arrow "go to last post" and that is not the same as going to the first unread post. I still prefer Matrixi's suggestion, as it did work well on the old forum.

EDIT: OK, I see the small "new" text goes to the first unread post. Maybe it's one of those things to get used to...
How do I check unread subscriptions now? The new subscriptions page has both read and unread mixed together shown in chronological order. If an old post gets bumped I'll never see it.
Quote from Scawen :Am I missing something, because I can only see an arrow "go to last post" and that is not the same as going to the first unread post. I still prefer Matrixi's suggestion, as it did work well on the old forum.

EDIT: OK, I see the small "new" text goes to the first unread post. Maybe it's one of those things to get used to...

Yeah, looks like the arrow only takes you to the last post... so my suggestion still stands.

On the old forum I could go right to the last post from the main page, now I have to open a sub-forum and click on the "new" link from there, just an unnecessary extra step.

Edit: Using the forum on mobile devices is a bit more painful now too. If I pinch zoom to see text in posts better, the user menu/log out links go out of reach, and they're too tiny to use without zooming.
Great work guys, well done.
Good work but when we get new westhil? or s3?
Devs wasting their time of nonsense...
Quote from Jatimc :Good work but when we get new westhil? or s3?

Tell me about it, 2 or 3 web site updates in over a decade is just a reckless and frivolous waste of time and resources!! I'm really cross!
Why if Im in the main forum page and click on a thread I go to the first post?

Well, as I am in a good mood I will help you out with that one.

Victor has been working for quite some time on this site, not actually full time. There are many improvements that can help LFS going forward.

Now, he does actually have another full time job and he isn't the programmer or artist of Live for Speed. So although he is an absolutely vital member of our team, he doesn't actually contribute to the programming or content of Live for Speed.

I have personally spent a couple of half days on this, just testing and doing some text. So, maybe we have delayed things by a tiny amount, one day or so. Nothing to be concerned about though.
Quote from sinbad :

Tell me about it, 2 or 3 web site updates in over a decade is just a reckless and frivolous waste of time and resources!! I'm really cross!

Yeah, as the one being in charge for Westhill and S3, Victor should get his priorities right!!1
Quote from chanoman315 :Why if Im in the main forum page and click on a thread I go to the first post?

"Can't unlock game, only demo driver...
by ops75
today, 15:43 >>"

Click on ">>" and you are on the last post.
Quote from Matrixi :Would be really nice if clicking a thread title would take you to the last unread post, like it did on the old forum.

In old forum it worked only if you clicked thread on main site. When you entered any subforum, and then the thread, you end up on the first post.
Really great job!

Site integration helps a lot in navigating for new important information, especially for new members. I am loving the ONLINE RACING ACTIVITY! The 4:3 format I also see as an improvement. It just fits forums better. Black background around it is good for my eyes too
All in all, even though I just scraped the surface it's easy to feel the effort put into this, I hope you are proud of yourself.

I see some little room for improvements which I'll suggest little later after I have some more time to collect my thoughts
Wow ! Nice new website and forum ! Quite unexpected !

The forum still needs somes improvements, but it has done many progress.

The website is cool, but I have some glitchs and things that I found not so beautiful.

My glith on the website is on the first picture.

On the second picture, somes improvements that I have tried : No white shadow in text and square flat buttons.

Oh, and please, add a fuction to click on the LFS logo on the forum to return to the main forum page.
Attached images
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg
Quote from Scawen :Yes that would be good! Also it would be nice if I could just click "like" or "+1" or something on your post instead of spamming another post.

Like or +1 would be ok but please don't add any negative dislike or -1 options. On every forum that has had that kind of negative voting option it has only resulted to kinda trollish behaviour where people just go and click -1 on every post about a topic they don't like. Or just go around the forum disliking every post from sone single member.
Quote from nacim :

On the second picture, somes improvements that I have tried : No white shadow in text and square flat buttons.

Oh, and please, add a fuction to click on the LFS logo on the forum to return to the main forum page.

What browser are you using? We did not see that issue in our testing.

About the logo, presumably it will remain as it is, just a matter of getting used to clicl the top menu bar.
I love it, congrats!
#121 - CZE
Quote from Scawen :Are you using it on a small screen? Or are you zoomed in a lot? Does it work if you hold CTRL and move the mouse wheel down (or CTRL+minus) to reduce the size so the browser fits on your screen?

Hey.I never zoom in/out my net broswer.I have still 100% and when i hold ctrl+minus(mouse wheel) and move it to 90% i see all but all other sites looks horrible with 90%.
Quote from Whiskey :
Quote from nacim :

What browser are you using? We did not see that issue in our testing.

About the logo, presumably it will remain as it is, just a matter of getting used to clicl the top menu bar.

I'm using Internet Explorer 11 with my 17" 1280x1024px screen. The first image is not glitched, but when it changes, it create a glitch. I don't have this problem with Chrome.
Quote from CZE :
Quote from Scawen :Are you using it on a small screen? Or are you zoomed in a lot? Does it work if you hold CTRL and move the mouse wheel down (or CTRL+minus) to reduce the size so the browser fits on your screen?

Hey.I never zoom in/out my net broswer.I have still 100% and when i hold ctrl+minus(mouse wheel) and move it to 90% i see all but all other sites looks horrible with 90%.

Usually that setting is per site, meaning that it should only affect the pages at www.lfs.net domain
#124 - CZE
Quote from Whiskey :
Quote from CZE :

Usually that setting is per site, meaning that it should only affect the pages at www.lfs.net domain

hm...how?
and where are my unread subforums icons now (((

A New Site
(469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG