The online racing simulator
Quote from JSHuiting :This is just ridiculous.

I completely agree. Finding a reason to complain about finally getting new content? Just jaw dropping...

The devs should just roll their eyes and ignore.
Quote from PMD9409 :So Eric should be upset because we would like to be able to drive both of his pieces of work, and not just one of them?

If anything, you'd be asking for less, as it takes more time to remove something then to not touch it at all.

Eh, personally I'd like to have the old layout of Westhill updated to the new graphical standard, plus the new layout. (A bit like modern Monza + Monza '66 in Assetto Corsa.) Nothing wrong with being a demanding consumer.

(Not that I'm going to throw a fit when I don't get what I want.)
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Eh, personally I'd like to have the old layout of Westhill updated to the new graphical standard, plus the new layout. (A bit like modern Monza + Monza '66 in Assetto Corsa.) Nothing wrong with being a demanding consumer.

(Not that I'm going to throw a fit when I don't get what I want.)

That's just being greedy! Everyone complain about Ben please.
Quote from rosewood2 :I don't give a single duck about people who want to be with the old stuff. You can always revert to LFS prior to 0.6G, no one's blocking you from doing it.

Quote from JSHuiting :
Also, who's stopping anyone from using older LFS versions anyway?

Old physics.

What's stopping Eric from using the forum? Users complaining about users complaining about....

Some of us are just saying.. Read that out loud: just saying.. that if they left the old tracks in as some kind of opt-in thing, it'd be cool. Yes, for nostalgia. We like the old tracks too. Even if we like the new ones more.

No biggie either way.
I put forward a suggestion for a Retro section, but Nostalgia sounds better.
I'm absolutely shocked by the fact that people think, that if we want to be able to drive someones old work as well, that we don't admire his new ones. But ye, it's the internet.

Although I am totally for the retro westhill, I will not ask for it anymore. Scawen said that there were some "problems" with keeping it (where I do have a feeling it's BS, but that aside, Scawen wont change his mind anyway)
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :I'm absolutely shocked by the fact that people think, that if we want to be able to drive someones old work as well, that we don't admire his new ones. But ye, it's the internet.

Although I am totally for the retro westhill, I will not ask for it anymore. Scawen said that there were some "problems" with keeping it (where I do have a feeling it's BS, but that aside, Scawen wont change his mind anyway)

I think referring to the term "maintenance issue" as BS without really understanding what that means is unfair.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Eh, personally I'd like to have the old layout of Westhill updated to the new graphical standard, plus the new layout.

This is kind of the general idea of the Westhill update. The International course you would clearly recognise as the old course, though the corners (and consequently, the positions of straights) are adjusted quite a bit in some places (actually it's completely rebuilt but based on the old one). Then the new National course bears off to the left after the first right and left bends, has an infield part and rejoins the International track near the start of the back straight.

This is my impression, from memory, though I have been working hard lately so have not become an expert on the new track. I'm not a great sim racer anyway but I'm just giving my thoughts, the way I see it.
Quote from Scawen :This is kind of the general idea of the Westhill update. The International course you would clearly recognise as the old course, though the corners (and consequently, the positions of straights) are adjusted quite a bit in some places (actually it's completely rebuilt but based on the old one). Then the new National course bears off to the left after the first right and left bends, has an infield part and rejoins the International track near the start of the back straight.

This is my impression, from memory, though I have been working hard lately so have not become an expert on the new track. I'm not a great sim racer anyway but I'm just giving my thoughts, the way I see it.

In fact, most of the people asking to keep the old layout means they want to keep the current layout + get the new slightly/heavily modified international layout, AND the national one .
Residuum of the trauma from the old blackwood vs. actual one (I can understand)
Quote from PMD9409 :Who, beside you and cargame (who is clearly trolling), is saying they are not happy? Get off your high horse and quit making a big deal out of nothing.

Oh the irony.

You mean the people who feel Scavier owes them a extra track besides the update?
Which could possibly, don't know, give a lot of extra work?

Just deal with the new content, and deal with the loss of old content.
It truly is just complaining for the sake of it, isn't it.
Quote from JSHuiting :Oh the irony.

Right back at ya.

This is a thread about Westhill, and people voiced their opinion and arguments. The case was closed and now you (and other annoying people) come in again make a big deal out of it.

Just deal with it. It's just complaining for the sake of it, isn't it?
Quote from Scawen :This is kind of the general idea of the Westhill update. The International course you would clearly recognise as the old course, though the corners (and consequently, the positions of straights) are adjusted quite a bit in some places (actually it's completely rebuilt but based on the old one). Then the new National course bears off to the left after the first right and left bends, has an infield part and rejoins the International track near the start of the back straight.

Is to show the map of the National course ??
Just a draft, to kill our curiosity.
#338 - col
Out with the old, in with the new!
Quote from JazzOn :Right back at ya.

This is a thread about Westhill, and people voiced their opinion and arguments. The case was closed and now you (and other annoying people) come in again make a big deal out of it.

Just deal with it. It's just complaining for the sake of it, isn't it?

Well to me it is quite a big deal.

People haven't really noticed why Scawen and such weren't releasing news that frequently anymore.
And then they just continue doing that which pissed them off in the first place.

But I guess it's all "resolved" anyway, we get a updated layout with a new one trown in aswell.
Couldn't be better!

Quote from col :Out with the old, in with the new!

Indeed!
-
(Racer Y) DELETED by Racer Y
Scawen? Y'all should do Westhill classic. Show more simple track layout and things like stands - No windmills off in the distance either.... Coal plants. Make a special set of old, old cars and do the whole thing in greyscale.
How much of a pain would that be?
Hi,

I really don't understand the requests of keeping the current westhill track even when the new westhill comes out.
Eric optimized the current layout and added (one?) more layouts. It will look much nicer and more realistic.

How would the current, then outdated, layout fit into that? Why should LFS keep such an outdated track? Why should LFS keep two Westhill tracks (one new, one old)?
It only would work if Eric would take the current layout and raises the rest of the track to the new standard. But essentially Eric just did that, but saw areas to improve on. I trust him until I'm proven wrong by driving on it myself.

You currently have still enough time to drive the 'classic' Westhill all day long.

Regards,
Land
Quote from ksa_land :You currently have still enough time to drive the 'classic' Westhill all day long.

Also untill they grow a white beard by using 0.6F as many others mentioned before.

To be honest I'm clicking this thread in hopes there are some usefull posts made, not the same shit over and over again. I may not be an important person with an important real life going on, but this is really a waste of my time. Old Westhill will be out, new Westhill in. Absolutely none of your bullshit arguments will change that, so I think its time to move on and have a kit kat.
<3 moody

This is totally fine with me, and I appreciate that it's a more realistic approach to circuit evolution. But one of the advantages of sim racing over real racing is that you can race tracks that no longer exist in the real world, so why shouldn't that advantage extend to fictional tracks that "no longer exist"?

Of course, there's only one Eric in the LFS dev team and his skills can probably be put to better use than graphically updating an out-of-date track.
#345 - col
To anyone who stops to think about what the new Westhill update will be it's obviously a bit daft to keep the old one around. The new track is a graphical revamp of the old track, with a few refinements and a new course option.

But the fact that people are already asking not to loose the old track is indicative of a bigger issue, and that is the shortage of tracks in LFS.

It's very difficult to do a league on certain track types when the selection for any given track type is limited.

I believe if you drill right down in to it, the real unrest is an appetite for more tracks.

This is a good thing, because the purpose of S3 is to deliver more content.

So don't panic :P
Quote from Becky Rose :To anyone who stops to think about what the new Westhill update will be it's obviously a bit daft to keep the old one around. The new track is a graphical revamp of the old track, with a few refinements and a new course option.

But the fact that people are already asking not to loose the old track is indicative of a bigger issue, and that is the shortage of tracks in LFS.

It's very difficult to do a league on certain track types when the selection for any given track type is limited.

I believe if you drill right down in to it, the real unrest is an appetite for more tracks.

This is a good thing, because the purpose of S3 is to deliver more content.

So don't panic :P

I would gladly take a map pack for lets say, £6. Two/three new tracks with various combos and variations.
That wouldnt require a whole revamp of the simulator (less work), but still adding more quality content and generate both income and activity.

I would think ALOT of people would buy a little map pack if it were available.
Quote from JSHuiting :Oh the irony.

You mean the people who feel Scavier owes them a extra track besides the update?

You keep saying this, but it doesn't exist.
Quote from MyBoss :I would gladly take a map pack for lets say, £6. Two/three new tracks with various combos and variations.
That wouldnt require a whole revamp of the simulator (less work), but still adding more quality content and generate both income and activity.

Heck, I would gladly pay £12 for 3 new tracks.
Quote from MyBoss :

I counted 12.000 active S2 licenses during this full year (August-August) on the S2 server.

I think about everyone would be interested in such an update. Do the math.

It's not difficult, I don't understand why it needs to be made so difficult. 5 years of nothing is a whole lot of nothing.

This thread is closed

Progress with the Westhill version
(525 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG