The online racing simulator
Thank you for the progress report. Keep up the awesome work!
Quote from MousemanLV :Thank you for the progress report. Keep up the awesome work!

I concur.
Hands up who likes this turning of a new leaf, with more open and frequent communications?
It feels like the next era of LFS is finally beginning, which is a good thing.
Quote from farcar :I concur.
Hands up who likes this turning of a new leaf, with more open and frequent communications?
It feels like the next era of LFS is finally beginning, which is a good thing.

Another report? Wow this is starting to look like the old times! Great, thanks a lot for the report can't wait to test it!
Amazing! Can't wait to test the new features

LFS development is getting more and more agile again
Quote from Scawen :...I'm sure Eric would enjoy doing that at some point.

Did you actually ask him? Have you been talking about it? Or is it just a guess?
Quote from hackerx :Did you actually ask him? Have you been talking about it? Or is it just a guess?

It's just a guess.

Based on the facts that I know him quite well after all these years, and that he started building that unfinished track out the back of South City, and that he has taken quite an interest recently in the off track areas at Westhill... that's why I feel quite sure that Eric would like to update South City at some point.

But the priority isn't the highest on that at the moment...
Quote from Scawen :It looks easy at Blackwood. Without having to release an updated track, it looks like I can just detect those start grids and increase the number of rows.

At Fern Bay RallyX Green it looks like I can add 1 row easily, limited by space. But do you really want more than 24 on that track?

Have I missed anything else? I'm not sure if there are any problems with that, I guess not but then I don't know why Blackwood Rallycross didn't already have more grid spaces. Maybe we just forgot it?

YES, we want. My entire league does! We are 4 guys (from the old Papyrus NLegends racing series) that would have switched to LFS if it wasn't limited to 3 cars per client, and too many small starting grids. This and a bump to 6 cars per client will instantly result in 3-4 more LFS sales from us! We race teams, with each human having AI team members. LFS would be perfect for this, with each driver having unique AI setups.
i have to admit after reading about the new test patchs and the update of westhill and now this progress report motivated me again to race more frenquently

also noticed how motivated is the community about this news and how much old ppl came back and post good stuff about the upcomming patch

scavier, i hope your motivation keeps firing up, happy to see lfs on rails again.
thanks for this report
WhoAm, but Scawen, only the whesthill Will be created?
or this work is only a "test" to make in another circuits??

example ;-;
progress report at lfs

good good
Also fixing these streets might boost possible configurations amount in addition to DKr's pic.
Quote from Eclipsed :Also fixing these streets might boost possible configurations amount in addition to DKr's pic.

South City = Cruiser's Heaven
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :also racers heaven.

of course. Racers get more combos to race on, cruisers get more roads to drive around
Quote from rosewood2 :of course. Racers get more combos to race on, cruisers get more roads to drive around

and nice to drifters too *u*
Quote from D.K.r :and nice to drifters too *u*

How could I forget them? The number of ways you can drift around should be very good indeed.
Stahp this!
I'm not only awaiting and being excited about the Westhill update, but about this red-cyan anaglyph mode, too, as it will be the only way for me to try out some 3D (well, I'll buy only the CV of the Rift, who knows how many years...). I have some (4-5) red-cyan glasses here and will definitely try them out with LFS. (The TrackMania 2 Canyon feels great with that mode.) Probably won't race with them, I just want to try it out
Quote from Scawen :...and we could do with the cash!

1. Give people additional options to fund the development outside just purchasing licenses.
2. More updates and openness about the development.

A.k.a the Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous model. It seems to work, and I'm sure this community would be equally enthusiastic about helping you fund the continued development of LFS.
Quote from Skagen :1. Give people additional options to fund the development outside just purchasing licenses.

This:
Quote from Sobis :Well you can always add 12 pounds (or any other amount) to your LFS account balance

Quote from Skagen :...A.k.a the Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous model...

I'm literally blown away by the gazillion of $ Star Citizen raised on its Kickstarter campaign!
This thread is closed

Progress with the Westhill version
(525 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG