The online racing simulator
good shit Scawen, good shit!
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE
Quote from Cornys :Is there any way to move the grids of the rallycross tracks up to 32 capacity? (And Autocross). I'm asking this due to a few instances in which track capacity being increased at these places would have been useful. (NDR's AU1 LFSCART round comes to mind)

Not a major thing, but seems on the surface to be a very simple thing?

Thanks a lot for the update, and look forward to hearing more in the future

It looks easy at Blackwood. Without having to release an updated track, it looks like I can just detect those start grids and increase the number of rows.

At Fern Bay RallyX Green it looks like I can add 1 row easily, limited by space. But do you really want more than 24 on that track?

Have I missed anything else? I'm not sure if there are any problems with that, I guess not but then I don't know why Blackwood Rallycross didn't already have more grid spaces. Maybe we just forgot it?
Quote from MrSam :little disappointed not to have a new rallycross track in S3

Who said that there won't be any, and when? Did I miss something?
Quote from Scawen :It looks easy at Blackwood. Without having to release an updated track, it looks like I can just detect those start grids and increase the number of rows.

At Fern Bay RallyX Green it looks like I can add 1 row easily, limited by space. But do you really want more than 24 on that track?

Have I missed anything else? I'm not sure if there are any problems with that, I guess not but then I don't know why Blackwood Rallycross didn't already have more grid spaces. Maybe we just forgot it?

Yes! You won't believe it when going crash carnage, how simply fun it can be, or just way more challenging. At least, it would not decrease anything.

I was asking about the Westhill, will it support more than 32 players in future? As it will be changed, I assume the pit lane will change as well
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Yes! You won't believe it when going crash carnage, how simply fun it can be, or just way more challenging. At least, it would not decrease anything.

I was asking about the Westhill, will it support more than 32 players in future? As it will be changed, I assume the pit lane will change as well

According to the screenshots, it will have 32 grid slots.
Quote from Scawen : But do you really want more than 24 on that track?

A good InSim coder can influence the amount of people on the track so its the responsibility of the (race) organizer in my opinion. And a good thing if the community / organizer can decide what is too many or not enough.
#32 - kdo
Hello

I have one question related to the new version of the game and track Westhill. Will I be able to watch a replay of the old Westhill in the new version of the game?

Regards
Thanks for the update
Quote from Lucas McFly :Hello

I have one question related to the new version of the game and track Westhill. Will I be able to watch a replay of the old Westhill in the new version of the game?

Regards

You shouldn't be supposed to as most of track is changed.
will be nice if you add some more rows on grid. maybe 34-36-38...more cars more fun.

p.s. can't wait for new westhill
Quote from Scawen :one thing I had to do, for the Westhill patch, was improve the "optimiser" which pre-computes which objects are visible from your position on the track path (except in open configurations, which is why the frame rate is lower on them).

In current version when using some weird resolutions (more height than width), it can happen that part of road is still not visible. Its like sequentialy added in batches. I usually encounter this when put LFS on one half of screen. - check attachment

One other thing is shadows when using sunset weathers.
Sometimes when car is not visible, but shadow (should) be visible, its not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ma3FjEqnNw
Attached images
road.JPG
Currently I have not seen much need for more positions on the grid. But years ago there was a grid filled easily if the LFS intends to rescue his reputation (which in my opinion has never lost) would be interesting new content with more grid positions (if possible, and where possible).

because if people begin returning is guaranteed fun and sure full grid again.

Excuse my English, translated by google translator

: Ouro:
Thanks for the Progress update :]
Years playing and just yesterday I saw LFS was working under DirectX 8.1 until 0.6E haha. DirectX 9 and higher open a really big world of graphical features, and I appreciate how you just come and learn the HLSL language, considering, however, that HLSL is similar to C .

It's sad that those 10 years old graphic cards won't really benefit with this wonderful feature as they haven't Pixel Shader support or its PS version is too low.

Don't know why am I talking this, it's obvious that almost everyone knows this but heh, let me write my thoughts .

Anyway, I appreciate how you are making LFS even better, and I hope to race soon in the new Westhill track with my friend's steering wheel, license and computer .
Quote from Scawen :It looks easy at Blackwood. Without having to release an updated track, it looks like I can just detect those start grids and increase the number of rows.

That would be lovely, also that's a nice suggestion.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :And perhaps just remove limit of 32 cars if custom start point is used, because in that case there is no need that every car has its garage place

(remove the limit and make it as 'max_cars_in_track')

Also i'm so happy about the new packet coming up. Thanks for it! If the suggestion above gets implemented as well, we will be able to set out custom grid and starting positions.
Quote from diegofkda :Years playing and just yesterday I saw LFS was working under DirectX 8.1 until 0.6E haha. DirectX 9 and higher open a really big world of graphical features, and I appreciate how you just come and learn the HLSL language, considering, however, that HLSL is similar to C .

It's sad that those 10 years old graphic cards won't really benefit with this wonderful feature as they haven't Pixel Shader support or its PS version is too low.

Don't know why am I talking this, it's obvious that almost everyone knows this but heh, let me write my thoughts .

Anyway, I appreciate how you are making LFS even better, and I hope to race soon in the new Westhill track with my friend's steering wheel, license and computer .

Who now knows the courage to buy wheel, license and computer

I'm already providing improvements in my (already in 6e was no big deal)
Quote from diegofkda :

LFS is using DX9c, so I guess implemented Pixel Shader is 3.0.
And if I understand it correctly every computer that can run 0.6F, should run 0.6F2 without any problems.
DirectX and Pixel Shader Requirements for Games
Thanks Scawen, for all the hard work, and for taking the time to keep us informed!
Glad I'm not the only programmer that goes all gooey over writing pixel shaders
Great to hear about the progress. Looking forward to the "new" Westhill.
Hey Scawen,

thanks for the progress update. Looking forward to drive on the new Westhill track.

And thank you very much for fixing this:

Quote from Scawen :
[...]
Skin downloading when watching a replay :

If a car or helmet skin in a replay is not available at LFS World
when you start the replay (with low or high res skins selected)
but you already have the skin in the other resolution then that
skin in the other resolution will be used instead of a plain car
[...]

Land
Quote :And as it's incompatible there is a possibility of changing a couple of other things, which ideally should be ready and testable in the first test patch. E.g. an InSim packet to reset a car at a position and direction (with or without damage repaired) and a new bit in the Autocross object creation InSim packet to allow objects to stay exactly as positioned, without lowering themselves to the ground.

Big thumbs up if you can introduce this in the next patch

#50 - kdo
This thread is closed

Progress with the Westhill version
(525 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG