It's so tempting to try and steer Scawen towards doing this or that, but please don't!

Scawen/Eric are hopefully doing whatever gives them enthusiasm for LFS again, and I hope it fills their wallets again. It seems to me as though Scawen's perfectionism led him down some difficult road and I hope he has carefully navigated his way back towards some easier going with the goal in sight again.

We've all stuck around so long because of how freaking good this sim still is (even if we play it on and off as I do). I'm more excited about an update to Westhill than I am about the bloody laser scanned Nordschleife in Assetto Corsa!!
Quote from Scawen :- cross-eyed view

I'm thinking you need some new promo pictures for the nice new features of LFS, so i produced some.

Surely this is the future of league racing.
Attached images
simracer002.jpg
simracer003.jpg
simracer004.jpg
Haha good one!

I can't really recommend that view!
Lol! That made my day!
Haha, hilarious!
Funny even the third time
LOL. Oh my lord, those are good.
scawen, you should remove the cross eyed view. It will only serve as a material to make fun of lfs. and wont be used by noone (yes double negative)
Quote from S.E.T.H :scawen, you should remove the cross eyed view. It only serve as a material to make fun of lfs. and wont be used by noone (yes double negative)

You don't want much removed from LFS, do you?
Quote from McGherkin :You don't want much removed from LFS, do you?

no, just the unnecessary things which deteriorate lfs. LFS is a serious sim, and things like forces view and especially cross eyed view has no place in it. its like a joke.
-
(rosewood2) DELETED by rosewood2 : forget it, not going to talk to a force mode hater
If you don't want to use it, then don't use it. These things don't block you in any way, do they?! These options harm you, right? Maybe someone will need it and will use it well...
Woah woah woah! Do NOT remove crossed-eye view. If you can't get it to work - it's your problem. I had a great time with it!
-
(CodeLyoko1) DELETED by Flame CZE : offensive comment / reaction to deleted post
-
(cargame.nl) DELETED by Flame CZE : offensive comment / reaction to deleted post
-
(e.M) DELETED by Flame CZE : offensive comment / reaction to deleted post
-
(cargame.nl) DELETED by Flame CZE : offensive comment / reaction to deleted post
-
(bishtop) DELETED by Flame CZE : offensive comment / reaction to deleted post
Hasn't it been like 3 weeks already since the last progress report on Westhill update? I mean, the next week is a good time.
Quote from pajkul :Hasn't it been like 3 weeks already since the last progress report on Westhill update? I mean, the next week is a good time.

Most likely Scawen is working on fixes for OR DK2 patch (and on implementation of some more tricks to make it better, like some anti-blur and stuff), so we must wait a bit for now.
I also think that Westhill is now finished but they are waiting to finish the DK2 support and 3D mirrors to publish 0.6G, so we have to wait a week or two I suppose.
I've been waiting for 6 years for a great update, I don't really care waiting 2 weeks more
Quote from nacim :I also think that Westhill is now finished but they are waiting to finish the DK2 support and 3D mirrors to publish 0.6G, so we have to wait a week or two I suppose.
I've been waiting for 6 years for a great update, I don't really care waiting 2 weeks more

Last edited by Scawen; 19th July 2014 at 15:30.
so yah wait two years imean two weeks
Well.. It all is a bit understandable this DK2 hype but it's a bit weird to focus on a group of people which only buy such a device because they have too much money and not having it for development purposes which it was originally supposed to be.

The big big big majority of LFS wasn't and isn't waiting for any Rift, hopefully this Westhill update doesn't take that long anymore before sarcasm arrives again.
While I've been developing Rift support, Eric has been continuing making the Westhill scenery even better than was ever planned to be. And I can tell you that is great fun to drive around on!

The Rift DK2 support, although unfinished, is spreading the word about LFS more than any other thing in recent times. We are also selling more licenses and have new racers joining the community...

If someone wants to get sarcastic about that, they can do so and I will just laugh at them.
Great that Westhill will be better than expected.

I know that it is off-thread, but can you ask for Eric to create an interior for UF ?
And also FX and RB if he have time (and if it not too much), because these are the most underdevelopped things in LFS at the moment (UF dosen't have any interior, and RB/FX have 256px S1 textures).

I think that it could be a great idea.
We really need chicane like this
Attached images
203490652.jpg
Quote from Scawen :While I've been developing Rift support, Eric has been continuing making the Westhill scenery even better than was ever planned to be. And I can tell you that is great fun to drive around on!

The Rift DK2 support, although unfinished, is spreading the word about LFS more than any other thing in recent times. We are also selling more licenses and have new racers joining the community...

If someone wants to get sarcastic about that, they can do so and I will just laugh at them.

Great to hear, but one question: The old Westhill ist still a cool track... in each corner you need so much concentration and one fail means mostly "race over"! When you have a little time, can you implement the old Westhill again (maybe with a small polish from Eric)?

And for the "cross eyed view" haters here in this forum: I am handicapped with my eyes and LFS is the first game i am able to use 3D support! And i know that 3+ in this forum have the same problem... For us normal 3D vew for 10 mins is like we are on drugs and with cross eyed view we have no problems!
@Scawen: A small health warning would be great, i can`t imagine that using the "wrong" 3D mode is healthy :/
Quote from cargame.nl :it's a bit weird to focus on a group of people which only buy such a device because they have too much money and not having it for development purposes which it was originally supposed to be.

The DK2 has sold over 45K units already, over 100K when combined with the DK1. That's includes a huge amount of people willing to buy a game that has proper Rift support, as there aren't many actual games out there for them.

Also considering the DK2 only costs the same as a single high-end standard monitor, saying it's only bought by people with too much money isn't exactly accurate.

While it is indeed a development kit, Oculus knew from the start the only a fraction of the people buying it are developers, with majority of the customers being enthusiasts. That said, many non-dev users have actually started to turn in to developers after getting their devkit.

I've even begun creating a VR demo in Unity couple days ago, without any prior game development knowledge. It's been a very addictive experience to say the least, jumping in to another world that you can change and shape however you want feels incredible.

Quote from cargame.nl :The big big big majority of LFS wasn't and isn't waiting for any Rift

Only because they haven't tried it yet. Once the CV1 lands next year and LFS has Rift support already implemented (which is what the dev kits are meant for) then it's going to take majority of the userbase by a storm. Once you drive LFS in VR, using standard 2D monitors just feels dull after that.
Quote from Trekkerfahrer : can you implement the old Westhill again (maybe with a small polish from Eric)?

Already been asked and the answer was you have to use an older version for that. Eric also stated that it was designed with the old physics. Sad to say, but the old version is no more, and i am kinda afraid he changed some of the good corners. Its not like it was a bad track and there is nothing wrong with 'quick' chicanes. It just was very sparse in regards to the surrounding. It wouldn't have hurt to have a few more layouts incorporated into the map as well.
Quote from Scawen :While I've been developing Rift support, Eric has been continuing making the Westhill scenery even better than was ever planned to be. And I can tell you that is great fun to drive around on!

your doing great Scawen
you have convinced me that my dk2 is fantastic with sim racing,
you've also implemented fantastic support for VR in LFS

I hope LFS gets lots of new members ( like me -I've only had it less than a week) , here are people now ordering dk2's because of LFS-dk2 talk.

releasing that laser scanned track would really cause a stir even if it's just a beta version

again well done
This thread is closed

Progress with the Westhill version
(525 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG