The online racing simulator
Hi Scawen,

first of all thank you for this Progress Report
Next i hate my grammar correction for writing nouns with large first letter
Okay, now back to Topic (<----grrrrr)

You said, you would like to see some Money (and god knows, that development of Software needs time and you all three should be paid for your time).
What about releasing one track and one car per year additional to S1/S2/S3?
For example: The car will be released in summer and the track on Christmas...
About the pricing, i will make no speculations here, thats your part, but it will definitly give you more regular income.

When pricing is not so horrible like in iRacing, i would buy everything, cause i know, that Quality is on first place in LFS.
With that both sides would be happy: You as the developer have some more Money and we have regular added Content and maybe a growing community again

Just my Klecks Senf
Have a good evening!
I think the plan is to release S3 for £12 ...
Then, the future is open, but after S3 ... (I already told that I would spent 1k€ for a laser scan Nordschleife (+ the other combo of the ring of course), I am sure I am not alone to be ready to pay for more content in LFS)
... otherwise it would look like iracing
Quote from Flotch :(I already told that I would spent 1k€ for a laser scan Nordschleife

I would place a bet that if LFS had that track then the "1k€" would soon come rolling in...no need to pay it alone...stuff people will pay for eh...
Thanks for the news!
Test Patch 0.6F2 is available for testing. There is no new content in this compatible test patch.

It contains some fixes, two new 3D modes and draws cars in a single pass, improving frame rate when many cars are visible.

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=86101
#81 - kdo
It may look off topic but i saw this:

On training there are few pics that use old model like the old XFG interior, old XRG wheels and others stuff as this.

It could be great if you could add new pics with news model.
Quote from cargame.nl :Are not supported anymore? Thats not sad, thats evolution. Are you still calling with a ten year old mobile phone?

--
Maybe its time to update this;
http://www.lfs.net/?page=faq&search=system&id=52

Calm down heh, I personally have a 5.0 Pixel Shader GPU so that won't be a problem for me at least . I meant it is sad for those ten years old GPU owners that will have to buy a new computer to run LFS... To run LFS maxed out, as I am sure that if the user tries to run that possible LFS under a no PS GPU, it will run anyway with the graphics a bit messed up... All this ONLY if Scawen puts awesome graphical features into the game without the chance to disable them, something that I doubt.

Also, the thing I said before was just a guess. It is something that can happen if Scawen wants to use the DirectX 9.0 features to its peak without considering non-PS GPUs, something that, for sure, won't happen... As far as I know at least lol.
Quote from Scawen :Test Patch 0.6F2 is available for testing. There is no new content in this compatible test patch.

It contains some fixes, two new 3D modes and draws cars in a single pass, improving frame rate when many cars are visible.

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=86101

Can u make a 4 times bigger autox aera with pit lane to let us build our own track?
Quote from Anthoop :I would place a bet that if LFS had that track then the "1k€" would soon come rolling in...no need to pay it alone...stuff people will pay for eh...

ScaViEr would deserve it anyway (as I am sure it would be VERY nicely done) ...
pictures extracted from wikipedia :
Attached images
nurb.jpg
That isn't a track suitable for racing unless there is a 300 grid like they do with 24h races.

If you manage to do that you truly master multiplayer netcode. Until then it's just a gimmick.
come on, 10 people racing there would be very fun ... we can go to 20-30 ? looks like enough to me
I'm playing lfs for 8 years and layouts are getting really boring due to small autocross place. I guess it's super easy to make autocross like 3 times bigger, just a big square with asphalt, that we can create much bigger and faster layouts! This will also attract new players!
Quote from Flotch :come on, 10 people racing there would be very fun

Oh! I am not saying it's not fun! I enjoyed racing it with Assetto Corsa but not all the time, not every day. It gets boring quickly, it's three times bigger then Kyoto Long (KY3), with KY3 there are already difficulties to get it popular. It's takes too much time to do one lap.

I would say an open mod is sufficient enough but we are a bit far away from that I am afraid; an own track editor.
#89 - e.M
Quote from edgars2229 :I'm playing lfs for 8 years and layouts are getting really boring due to small autocross place. I guess it's super easy to make autocross like 3 times bigger, just a big square with asphalt, that we can create much bigger and faster layouts! This will also attract new players!

yeah and in addition to white/red barriers also could be added object like curbs and grass so basically we could create new tracks in autocross that would be nice (not like this would ever happen )
Quote from e.M :yeah and in addition to white/red barriers also could be added object like curbs and grass so basically we could create new tracks in autocross that would be nice (not like this would ever happen )

+1 to this a million times.
-
(scania) DELETED by scania
Quote from e.M :yeah and in addition to white/red barriers also could be added object like curbs and grass so basically we could create new tracks in autocross that would be nice (not like this would ever happen )

Quote from edgars2229 :I'm playing lfs for 8 years and layouts are getting really boring due to small autocross place. I guess it's super easy to make autocross like 3 times bigger, just a big square with asphalt, that we can create much bigger and faster layouts! This will also attract new players!

+1000000
#92 - kdo
Quote from scania :+1000000

Or something like HERE that has large carpark, offroad area and a stadium for RoC all combined.
Attached images
Candlestick Park, San Francisco.png
It would be nice to see blackwood parks "connected"
For example, from the Paddock you can go to car park.
#95 - kdo
Quote from sinanju :Or something like HERE that has large carpark, offroad area and a stadium for RoC all combined.

it look a little too small for a new "track" maybe 2 or 3 time bigger than this and it would be amazing !
Modified car reflections test
I have experimented a bit with the shader files and came up with a small change to the car reflections. Changes are following:

1) The bigger the angle you are looking at a surface, the more light gets reflected. So if you set the camera perpendicular to the car body, you see least reflections.
2) Darker colours produce more reflections and vice versa.
3) It also has a tiny bit of reflection "beyond" the reflection map (at angles where the map doesn't "exist"). It seems to reflect the map again, flipped vertically. You can see it in the side view screenshots, at the bottom of the car.

See yourself in these shots of an XRT:

Front view (black) - old | new
Front view (red) - old | new
Front view (white) - old | new
Front view (skin) - old | new

Side view (black) - old | new
Side view (red) - old | new
Side view (white) - old | new
Side view (skin) - old | new

You can download the shaders here
Attached images
XRT_front_black_old.jpg
XRT_front_red_new.jpg
XRT_front_red_old.jpg
XRT_front_skin_new.jpg
XRT_front_skin_old.jpg
XRT_front_white_new.jpg
XRT_front_white_old.jpg
XRT_side_black_new.jpg
XRT_side_black_old.jpg
XRT_side_red_new.jpg
XRT_side_red_old.jpg
XRT_front_black_new.jpg
Quote from cargame.nl :Oh! I am not saying it's not fun! I enjoyed racing it with Assetto Corsa but not all the time, not every day. It gets boring quickly, it's three times bigger then Kyoto Long (KY3), with KY3 there are already difficulties to get it popular. It's takes too much time to do one lap.

I would say an open mod is sufficient enough but we are a bit far away from that I am afraid; an own track editor.

Nordschleife gets boring quick?
Everyone is different of course...some like to drive around slowly or just turn left...
I can agree that Kyoto long is not a popular track..alongside the longer Aston tracks...personally I never could be bothered to learn them.
I already learnt the Nord...if I could ever drive that track with LFS then I have always said that my first drive will be the UF1...and first race 10 laps/UF1...
A track with mountain would be nice. At least one mountain. Well, hmm, OK.. Some hills then. Definitely some hills. Like Nurburgring GP.

But what are we talking about this is about Westhill. Without hill.
WestHill track is located on a hill, not necessary the entire hill
(it is not flat anyway)
Yeah but the feeling of height difference is not there. The biggest height difference is at Aston
This thread is closed

Progress with the Westhill version
(525 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG