The online racing simulator
Nice to see progress again :huepfenic

Tested some other sims in the past 2 years.... Assetto Corsa, iRacing, rF2.... but they were not LFS! They were good to drive but i missed the challenge i had in good LFS leagues. No league there was even close to the good organized leagues in LFS and when i look back on LFSW i miss my ePenis

Now i am thinking about going back to LFS and have my two wheels on the new Westhill
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :Nice to see progress again :huepfenic

Tested some other sims in the past 2 years.... Assetto Corsa, iRacing, rF2.... but they were not LFS! They were good to drive but i missed the challenge i had in good LFS leagues. No league there was even close to the good organized leagues in LFS and when i look back on LFSW i miss my ePenis

Now i am thinking about going back to LFS and have my two wheels on the new Westhill

I did so too, but the "old" community died a long time ago so you do not have that challenge here anymore. This sim still needs more, so fingers crossed they realize it rather sooner than later.
Great work! Very nice
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :Tested some other sims in the past 2 years.... Assetto Corsa, iRacing, rF2.... but they were not LFS! They were good to drive but i missed the challenge i had in good LFS leagues. No league there was even close to the good organized leagues in LFS and when i look back on LFSW i miss my ePenis

Hmm german flag and league, so I guess cityliga? Maybe of intersst to look cityliga.de there is new saison running with 3 grids.
As for epenis, your name appears all the time on setupgrid
Great to see the new progress report. Like many others I never really left LFS, as soon as there is some new content people will come flooding back.

For a bit of nostalgia I dug up the original LFS test demo, I think I downloaded it within hours of it first being released back in the day.

LFSDT4k_NOMUSIC.zip
Date: 18/08/2002

Unzipped, no patches, ran LFS.exe and works perfectly on Windows 7 x64 apart from no separate brake and accelerate axis for my pedals. Still looks very much like the LFS we know and love today.

One thing I miss from the old days is the handbrake had real bite to it. Somewhere down the line it was made wooly and too analogue. I prefered the old style instant version, much more fun
Can you please list what files get overwritten when applying the 0.6F update?
Once again other files, like graphics got overwritten because the installer is not a ZIP but an executable And overwrites custom files.
The list of files updated seems to only blink during installation and is gone, don't want to mess with tracking it again or something. Glad I made a backup because this has become a stable issue with the updates.
Quote from JackCY :Can you please list what files get overwritten when applying the 0.6F update?
Once again other files, like graphics got overwritten because the installer is not a ZIP but an executable And overwrites custom files.
The list of files updated seems to only blink during installation and is gone, don't want to mess with tracking it again or something. Glad I made a backup because this has become a stable issue with the updates.

If you right click the .exe and choose 'open archive' you can see all the files it contains. You may or may not require 7zip to be able to do this
Quote from JackCY :Can you please list what files get overwritten when applying the 0.6F update?

The only updated files should be the LFS.exe and language text files, nothing else. It seems like you downloaded LFS_PATCH_Z25_TO_6F_setup.exe, which might have updated some textures. I couldn't find out which files it overwrote either. Edit - beaten by Bean0 - it overwrites four AX_ dds files and autocross ads (talking about textures only).

The best way in my opinion is to run the auto-updater from in-game. Then it just updates the necessary files from 6E to 6F. No need to manually download and run anything. I'm actually not sure why they don't offer a download link for a 6E to 6F patch as well.
I cried the rain that fills the ocean wide.....

Thank you for the update...
WARNING : DO NOT USE THESE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING
THERE IS NO NEED TO USE THESE UNLESS YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT OVERWRITING FILES
BUT NO TEXTURES ARE OVERWRITTEN BY THIS PATCH ANYWAY SO YOU DON'T NEED THIS
NEARLY EVERYONE SHOULD JUST USE THE AUTO UPDATER BECAUSE IT'S FINE

Here is a zip version of the patch from 0.6E to 0.6F.
http://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_PATCH_6E_TO_6F.zip

Here is a link to the 6E exe in case you need to roll back for tests.
http://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_6E_EXE.zip
Quote from Mysho :I did so too, but the "old" community died a long time ago so you do not have that challenge here anymore.

Shhhh, some of us are still here, just lurking.
Only 280 comments
Three days after a major track update and only 280 comments,,,, we may make a 1000 after 6 days but that's still only a sixth of the 2006 days.
Quote from Waste Me :Three days after a major track update coming soon and only 280 comments,,,, we may make a 1000 after 6 days but that's still only a sixth of the 2006 days.

Fixed.
Quote from kars19 :AC has the same problem, there is already ~50+ mod trakcs, but only 5 of them can be called decent, still better then nothing

well no i mean every fictional track that i saw there yes maybe it had some problem and wasnt very well desinged but who cares? if they are fun to drive nothing else matters
Is this the end of the VR/3D development cycle or can we expect to see DK2 headtracking implemented soon after release?
Quote from atledreier :Is this the end of the VR/3D development cycle or can we expect to see DK2 headtracking implemented soon after release?

Here
Quote from Scawen :Nice video!

I've ordered a DK2 and will work to support it as soon as it arrives. I did order on the first day so hopefully should be one of the first to get it.

I guess a quick version, to just make it work as the DK1 did, then support for the positional tracking. I'll probably be inspired to sort out 3D mirrors soon after...

Ah, thanks! :-)
tyre physics and car sounds .. wait for it ....all other stuff are just for fun
#269 - kdo
Quote from Waste Me :Three days after a major track update and only 280 comments,,,, we may make a 1000 after 6 days but that's still only a sixth of the 2006 days.

Quote from Scawen :Dear LFS Racers,

Westhill Update:

Available soon...
- LFS Developers

here you go
Quote from giannhsgr1 :well no i mean every fictional track that i saw there yes maybe it had some problem and wasnt very well desinged but who cares? if they are fun to drive nothing else matters

I care if they look like shit rFactor ripoffs
I have never get this kind of error. Today something went wront i lost connection to cg server and coudnt get back there. It stopped at loading skins and then recieved `Did not recieved OK` Other servers worked fine.
Attached images
lfs_00000022.jpg
lfs_00000021.jpg
Restarted LFS and again could connect, but still unique bug.
Finding it really hard to join / stay connected to a server after installing the new update, I'm getting the same error as Litro above. ive also noticed that the game seems to freeze on the loading screen for skins download, i'm also getting this error A LOT + 'Did not receive ok', this has never happened to me before so i'm guessing it's something to do with the update.
Attached images
lfs1.JPG
Quote from Litro :Restarted LFS and again could connect, but still unique bug.

Who says its caused by LFS, could easily be a temporarily connection problem.
Hehe yup, just when new version came out, my internet provider decided to make some "upgrades" in the network and for now my server list looks like... it is in the attachment
At first I thought it's LFS-related problem, but I soon realized that I can't connect to 80% of websites...
Attached images
lfs_00000249.jpg

New Version 0.6F and Progress Report
(453 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG