The online racing simulator
Anyone planning to host/race online today? I finally got the ac yesterday and after doing some laps and getting my whole setup somewhat decent and would like to do some racing.
0.4.3 has graphiti on the track already, love this guy!
Any word from kegetys about the removal of the booking system ?

Cheers

Fordie
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Haven't tried the 458, but the 312 is brilliant at the Ring. No idea if that means it's realistic though.

I took the 500 Abarth (closest to my car, just with 3x the power ) around it yesterday and in some parts it reminded quite a lot of my real drive there (understeer in the same spots etc.). Especially the "Rollercoaster"-feel seems spot on for me.
anyone having dificulties creating a server?

when i start my server now it keeps saying no responce from AC central server, retrys about 4 times then quits
Quote from Fordman :Any word from kegetys about the removal of the booking system ?

Cheers

Fordie

I'd be keen also .
It's not magical, and does come with its own set of problems. Like the server changing to the next session, and your client not being aware of it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's not magical, and does come with its own set of problems. Like the server changing to the next session, and your client not being aware of it.

gunna come and play with me?
Nords 0.5.0 :rock_band http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/67980236/file.html

-CURBS!
-minor mesh fixes
-trees fixes
-deleted the ugly ass tree
-added trackside objects (some)
-skidmarks more transparent ( I guess, I don't see them properly)
-17 start positions
-AI file thanks to Flashcrow. It works in quick race only or something.
@ Troy
Clear your messages out ROFL

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :There seems to be a problem with skins created with CS as in layers. If layers are created they don't show in Gimp or PSP even if you use the PSD files.

I have found this as a really nice gentlemen created T7R skins for me, and because he used layers etc etc, you cannot view them in anything else but CS.

I hope that explains it, to the best of my ability

From what I know, you need the PSD files to then create a DDS file, as its the DDS file that works with AC. Like I said, I am no expert, that is just what I have been told

Fordie

Yeah, there is something bizarre going on with gimp. No matter what I do I get white skin in ac. (Gimp is annoyingly strange program to use anyways. It is totally unintuitive and for every tool I need to do a google search and learn to use it. With psp I never needed to google anything...). Anyways I finally figured out an imaginative way to make skins with gimp.
1. Make your skin and save it as psd or xcf or whatever the best file for saving the work in gimp is.
2. save a copy of it as png
3. go this site: online-converting.com/image/convert2dds/ And upload your png there. Choose the ARGB 8888 32 bit format and click to generate mipmaps and convert and download the dds.
4. download the skin and put it in your ac skin folder

There is something really strange with either gimp or that dds tool that messes up the dds file. I think it is the alpha layers in gimp which are just f****g bizarre. No matter how I tried to color or delete the alpha files all I got was just a white skin. But the above version does work kind of...

All I need to figure out now is if I can create the alpha/bump map layer as separate file because otherwise all my skins will be shiny as hell:
http://i62.tinypic.com/f50meu.jpg

I did also find this:
http://www.racedepartment.com/ ... tware.22570/#post-1203429
But I have no clue what he is trying to do with copy pasteing those alpha layers seemingly randomly. When I tried to follow that I got some strange error about not being to copy a mask to new layer or something...
@Troy

Hi Mate,

I am currently working away in the Isle of Wight, and I won't be home until Friday, but hopefully, fingers crossed

Cheers

Fordie

Greeting from the Isle of Wight
That man is a coding wizard. I don't even want to know the amount of knowledge required to do "hacks" like these..
Running a freejoin server for testing purposes, no password for the moment, doing 5 lap races.

Name: LFS at AC
Quote from troy :Running a freejoin server for testing purposes, no password for the moment, doing 5 lap races.

Name: LFS at AC

cant see it
You got a filter on then, we where 3 people racing ^^
found it now, but i cant join, says your in a race but i cant join it yet the server is getting more populated lol

ive got a 0.5.0 version of snoopys nords open now.

ChrisR Race Server
You need the freejoin mod by kegetys posted on the previous page.
is the server working?
I may have just broke it trying to add multiple race sessions to the server cfg. Give me 5min please.

edit: It's back!
I was on the Troy's hosted freejoin server, worked like a clock
Raced with the master him self
Attached images
ffffvvcc.jpg
312T = tank slapper.

That is all .
Quote from Hyperactive :312T = tank slapper.

That is all .

I agree, trying to wrestle this thing around Mugello, whilst being hunted down by Troy and having some epic FPS drops, isn't the easiest thing to attempt to do at 1am. Was still fun though for the 1 race that I did manage to complete.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG