The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 6
(415 posts, started )
Just curious as i want to pick up a PS3 to play Gran Turismo again and old PS2 games like Auto Modellista and Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero, how's the controller compared to the 360? Can you map the accel and brake to the triggers? Are there any good aftermarket controllers that cater to this or will i have to dust off my G27 out of storage to make do (If i do end up going this route, it'll be pointless because i'll just grab my pc right next to it and fly away to AS and pCars land!)
I've always played GT with triggers, even back in GT2.
GT is no where near as good as Forza for controllers you need a wheel honestley.
Quote from Mustafur :GT is no where near as good as Forza for controllers you need a wheel honestley.

That's because Forza is arcade garbage.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :That's because Forza is arcade garbage.

Exactly, hence the controller.

Forza on a wheel though must be experienced for the lolz
I just like forza and the 360 controller because i can modulate the throttle and brake, but from what i remember whenever i used a PS3 controller (like twice and that was playing CoD MW:2) that the L2 and R2 trigger things are pretty much buttons and offer next to no analog control like the 360, but i'll probably end up just using my G27.

I wish there was a compiled list of parts or rims for GT5 or 6 though so i can see just how far i can personalize my cars.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :That's because Forza is arcade garbage.

I've heard the new Forza has amazing physics with proper wheel and many people would count it as sim.

But yeah Gran turismos and older forzas are arcade games for sure.
Quote from CardsetCrazy :I've heard the new Forza has amazing physics with proper wheel and many people would count it as sim.

But yeah Gran turismos and older forzas are arcade games for sure.

Although i've only demo'd, with all assists off i tried drifting the P1 and when ever i threw the car into a corner with alot of angle, it almost seemed to just stop at about 80-90 degrees and just sit there until i lost too much speed. It's definately harder, but i can't tell if they made it more REAL or DIFFICULT. That would be better answered by someone who has a wheel XB1 compatible.
Forza still has assisted/numbed steering even on simulation settings, which is the most prominent issue at the moment. Best example occurs while driving the Lotus E21. Mash your analog stick/wheel all the way to the side and it takes a few tenths of a second for the game to apply full lock. Annoying as hell when you need to have lightening quick inputs in an F1 car.
Is there a Forza thread for talking about Forza?
I use the triggers for acceleration/brake on Forza...for GT on the PS, I have always used the buttons...I have a great right thumb for modulation....my jerky left thumb steering slows me down.
First part of GT Academy started today.
And it just shows how bad this game is... seriously after trying AC I think I'm gonna sell my PS3
What took you so long?
I guess the huge amount of content
Quote from NitroNitrous :And it just shows how bad this game is... seriously after trying AC I think I'm gonna sell my PS3

Why sell it? It is worth nothing...in five more years it will still be worth nothing!
Play the games on it...have fun...
Maybe I am glossing over the fact you need to have a certain mentality to enjoy things...ah well...people still play pong btw...

Gran Turismo 6
(415 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG