The online racing simulator
A whole decade
(202 posts, started )
If you are "old" enough, then please tell me who these people are and who they drived for, if they didn't drive for why did they have such a massive reputation in LFS LOL :

Vykos
Macest
RudiTurbo
Lefty
Bawbags
Don
WGodden
Floran
Hoffman
Gopher
KingSCSI
Themad
MadH
Catalyst
Dangerous Dave
Krak
Octane
VTX
The Original "Pink" Henk
Moby
Al1asx
Jug
JoeCool

Good Luck

Fordie
Although I've not had much of a presence on the LFS forum, some may know me.

This year is also my 10th year.
Quote from mbutcher :Although I've not had much of a presence on the LFS forum, some may know me.

This year is also my 10th year.

Yo Butcher, can you name the above from where? its only a bit of fun

And year your one of the old gits club, sorry mate, but I remember you HA HA

Fordie
I recognise about 70% of those names but I cannot remember which teams they drove for, sorry.
Quote from Fordman :Yay Hi Fellow Lurkers now how about you start Lurking around the tracks

Fordie

That would mean dusting off my wheel...
I was a demo racer for 3 years until I bought s2
Added what I remember offhand in bold, some may be somewhat inaccurate because my brain is flooded with useless shite and has been converted to mush from all the leagues I've run in the past 6 years
Quote from Fordman :If you are "old" enough, then please tell me who these people are and who they drived for, if they didn't drive for why did they have such a massive reputation in LFS LOL :

Vykos - Jochaim Fiess (sp?), don't recall his team but he was one of the most well-known in his time commentators of LFS
Macest
RudiTurbo - if memory serves, he raced once or twice in some of the one-off events I've run, and is/was fairly dominant in the road cars
Lefty
Bawbag - Mercury I'm pretty sure, Raymond Mooney his name. Hilarious guy in the Masters of Endurance streams when he was with us, and one of the best racers LFS has had
Don
WGodden
Floran
Hoffman
Gopher
KingSCSI
Themad
MadH
Catalyst
Dangerous Dave
Krak
Octane
VTX
The Original "Pink" Henk
Moby
Al1asx
Jug
JoeCool

Good Luck

Fordie

The rest, I'm not going to stick my neck out to try to remember or take a swag at it
I certainly remember Macest and Lefty setting WRs' and releasing their setups - likely prior to SetupField going live.

I was definately hooked on LFS while the forums were hosted on RSC, the logo competition was way off in the future and Blackwood was the sole track without the first 's' bend. Probably first found LFS around the time 'racing legends' by West Racing / the West brothers had a good following. I'm sure that was when I was in college about 12-13 years ago!
No love for Southern Cross Racing? Sarsippius, chaz, scottie. The team that first got me interested in following leagues in LFS.
Quote from Fordman :snip

Just call me UM/um/um21/UM21 as it is more familiar . Unfortunately I am not that much unknown anymore, not in here.
11 and a half years here. I remember being 14 and playing the demo for months before getting my parents credit card to see what all the S1 fuss was about. I had my own card to pay for S2.

I remember the good old days of the GTI round blackwood. In fact, that's still my preferred layout, strangely. That or the FOX.

I remember the first time I drove Fern Bay - I was amazed. The first time me and a friend set up >REVS<, had a good 6 or 7 members during the heydey! The first time racing with a wheel, then upgrading to the G25...

Unfortunately I've fallen out of touch with the game over the last 5 or 6 years or so, need to get my G25 set up again with the Macbook to be fair, relive some classic racing.

This game has been a huge part of my life, even convincing me to build my very own 'race' car for trackdays.

Here's to the next 11 years!
I'm getting closer to 10 years.

LFS is what started me in sim racing, and I have had some fantastic times. Have since moved on to greener pastures, however.
I was an offline demo player for several years. I took a about a year break then started playing online demo. finally decided to purchase S2 and have spent most of my time on cruise servers since I do not own a decent wheel yet. Plan on getting either a G25 or G27 in the next month or two.
Anyone remember Andre from the original "original LFS league"?

He was one of the first racers I actually "talked" to (took a few races to get the balls to chat to anyone back then as it was all new )
If I remember correctly the liveforspeed website was originally hosted on the BlackHole Motorsports community site - I probably was made aware of LFS from BHM and then found the RSC LFS forum.

I recall 2 racers by the names of Limiter and Sweet who were among the quickest in those days - not necessarily the fastest but those are the two names I can remember!
Quote from ferret :Anyone remember Andre from the original "original LFS league"?

He was one of the first racers I actually "talked" to (took a few races to get the balls to chat to anyone back then as it was all new )

Yeah.

@fordie....
Domin8tor? Remember him?
Al Heeley? That guy could make a cool car skin. I think everyone from the old days had at least two of the skins he made.

... LOL everyone running out and getting wheels.... Oh well it was the cool thing to do at the time AND having a wheel does enhance things a bit, but I'm liking the mouse. Plus, I really don't want to go through all the hassle of Digging out the wheel, Fixing the pedals...probably have to do something to the wheel too and just when I can play, something come up and have to leave... getting old sucks.

LOL my mouse is sort of shaved down on the front end
OMG Andre, how could I forget the guy that created the best League in LFS

Domin8tor? Remember him? OMG DO I remember that one, and the "little chit chats" we used to have

Al Healey - Creative Master

Sweet and Limiter and Jeep and Pallukka ( Limiter and Pallukka ended up driving with....yep you guessed it Vykos) and yep, another movie I done SLRT...LOL HERE

Fordie
Wyatt's last name is Gooden not Godden

Last I heard he went from iRacing to racing Jettas in real life, no idea after that. Pretty cool though.

Been following this forum since the RSC days myself... yikes.
Quote from ferret :Anyone remember Andre from the original "original LFS league"?

And we raced max 6 cars on the server.... ;-) (I don`t know why we were 7..maybe after a patch?)

Pool 3

Dear League member,

This week we use Patch D3 and again the SECONDARY IP !
========

Coming SUNDAY (11 may 2003) you drive in Pool 3.
Host is * The Original LFS League (3)
Password: middleclass

Please be present at 10 minutes before the start.

Nr LFS Name Plate Country YOUR TIME !
(215) G30RGE: G30 RGE Sco 20:00
(226) Richard DK: Torp Den 21:00
(08) Fredo : Fredo 66 Uk 20:00
(155) nilo: 79 Ger 21:00
(229) ORION: ORION-01 Ger 21:00
(65) NukeLane: Corrado Ned 21:00
(194) mark: ferret Uk 20:00

--

Friendly regards,

André,

The Original LFS League,
http://www.LFS-League.com
Quote from L3g3ndAry :If I remember correctly the liveforspeed website was originally hosted on the BlackHole Motorsports community site - I probably was made aware of LFS from BHM and then found the RSC LFS forum.

BlackHole motorsports also lured me into LFS (via TOCA2).. I think I still have the bookmark - wonder if it still works..
"The server at www.bhmotorsports.com is taking too long to respond."
Nope!

Anyhoo, I played the demo for a couple of years until I could afford a new PC which I bought specifically to play S2.. I remember raving to my friends about the physics : "look - FWD cars understeer! Wow !"

Still lurking - in fact I've been lurking ever since I discovered the game

Cheers and Merry New Year,

Rob
OK....we all have a Geeky side, so here is mine Lets hope I get it right...

Vykos - ACR / ? / Ocrana

Macest - ACR / ? / Ocrana

RudiTurbo - ACR / ? / Ocrana

Lefty - Boomerang Rapido

Bawbags - Mercury

Don - No team but fantastic artist

WGodden - Mercury

Floran - Ocrana

Hoffman - Creator of Boomerang Rapido

Gopher - Boomerang Rapido / De Racing / Triple 7 Racing

KingSCSI - Boomerang Rapido

Themad - Boomerang Rapido

MadH - Boomerang Rapido

Catalyst - Boomerang Rapido

Dangerous Dave - Boomerang Rapido

Krak - Boomerang Rapido

Octane - Boomerang Rapido / dE Racing

VTX - Boomerang Rapido / dE Racing/ Triple 7 Racing

The Original "Pink" Henk / Boomerang Rapido / dE Racing ( He loved Pink)

Moby - Boomerang Rapido / dE Racing / Now real life racer

Al1asx - Boomerang Rapido / dE Racing

Jug - dE Racing

JoeCool - The BEST video maker LFS has ever seen. Made loads of clips and had the great pleasure with working with him..a legend in his own right.

I think and hope I got that all correct....

Fordie

PS - I will just like to add, there is loads of name's I could of included, like RichardDK, Sinbad, Rich UK, Nukelane. BBO@BSR, Bismarck, Atomant, P1lot, SparkyDave, Three_Jump, and loads more, but these have been active here, at some point, recently. The list I mentioned I haven't seen in a very long time, and they all made an impact with LFS
Blimey you have email's dating back that far

Quote from richard dk :And we raced max 6 cars on the server.... ;-) (I don`t know why we were 7..maybe after a patch?)

Pool 3

Dear League member,

This week we use Patch D3 and again the SECONDARY IP !
========

Coming SUNDAY (11 may 2003) you drive in Pool 3.
Host is * The Original LFS League (3)
Password: middleclass

Please be present at 10 minutes before the start.

Nr LFS Name Plate Country YOUR TIME !
(215) G30RGE: G30 RGE Sco 20:00
(226) Richard DK: Torp Den 21:00
(08) Fredo : Fredo 66 Uk 20:00
(155) nilo: 79 Ger 21:00
(229) ORION: ORION-01 Ger 21:00
(65) NukeLane: Corrado Ned 21:00
(194) mark: ferret Uk 20:00

--

Friendly regards,

André,

The Original LFS League,