The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :So how you're guys reading into this, we should forget about RBR conversions in the future, or they just don't 'officially' support it..

its like with VOB-mods in LFS ... easy to obtain with a little googlefu, but nothing to share on the official forums. Kunos would be stupid if they never anticipated content being imported into their game.
Quote from Boris Lozac :So how you're guys reading into this, we should forget about RBR conversions in the future, or they just don't 'officially' support it..

No mods are ever "officially supported", if they were rFactor would be paying out millions in licenses for all the different tracks. It's not a shock to hear Kunos say that, they're just covering their own backs. I'm sure they're having as much fun on Joux as the rest of us.
Sure but what i meant was, can they somehow prevent this kind of conversions, making them incompatible with the game or something..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Sure but what i meant was, can they somehow prevent this kind of conversions, making them incompatible with the game or something..

No, because AC is fully moddable... They allowed modding so licensed things like this would come out sooner or later.
What would be the point of making a game open to modding, and then making some of the mods incompatible? Just look at rFactor, hundreds of licenced cars on rfactorcentral.

We know that AS will use the steam workshop, so they could potentially regulate the content there.. but again, what would be the point of that? Users could then only upload made-up cars and tracks.
It's not about the content license, it's about importing the content directly from another game. A fan could have made their own "joux plane", and the only complaint might be the confusion over the name, and that's a stretch. Like we're bound to get a Nordschleife before the official one arrives, and even if it's completely user-made KS may want the only nordschleife to bear the registered trademarks to be their own official, licensed circuit.
I'm actually pretty hyped up about this whole modding thing, never really care about it during my LFS period, maybe cause rFactor left a bad taste physics wise and i always somehow connected rFactor with modding..
But potentially we can have anything.. cars don't care about too much, but potential of dozens of cool tracks, blows my mind..
Just did this with basically stock setup and I am not alien, and I can easily improve my lap time, just did a quick 5 lap test

ESP = 100%
TC = level 2
ABS = 1

12c is like Eurofighter, It drives carps with all assist off, It was not dessinged in first place do drive without them, I suggest to try it with esp/tc on, most impressive thing is stability while braking, turn in and how it's putting power down on corner exits
Attached images
hhh222.jpg
Quote from Nadeo4441 :
We know that AS will use the steam workshop, so they could potentially regulate the content there.. but again, what would be the point of that? Users could then only upload made-up cars and tracks.

I don't think that was confirmed by Kunos, it would be nice though. But I would imagine it would be quite complicated on the legal side, at least if the plan is to allow non fictional content.

Quote from baSh0r :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcIVHSyUFVg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkhDkXq2SiA

I've added the BMW lap, sorry couldn't deduct those 10s I don't want to have a discussion about removing .5 of a second somewhere down the line, what the clock says counts.

For the Elise Lap you didn't write down a time.
LoL, after 2 beers, I don't like driving when I am drunk, but some dude asked for replay

Driving aids work wonders in this car!
Attached images
112299jpg.jpg
i think its time for my dad to ship my wheel here
Quote from Boris Lozac :This is so damn fun, E30 with Street 90's tires..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsN98OTd6qQ

Nice run Boris. I don't know the second half very well either, although usually I crash rather than slow down too much. Wish I could set a start point after the first tight hairpin

I also tried the e30 standard with 90s tyres but found it frustrating because loss of momentum is so costly; usual over-driving thing on sections I know well, then too much risk taking on sections I don't know well. The Drift version on Semi Slicks is the most fun by miles imo, I think it has locked diff so you have to get it sideways or it just understeers but the lake section is awesome in it.
Quote from e2mustang :i think its time for my dad to ship my wheel here

its time? naah, it SHOULD be there already :riceboy:
Quote from sinbad :Nice run Boris. I don't know the second half very well either, although usually I crash rather than slow down too much. Wish I could set a start point after the first tight hairpin

Cheers, yeah second part total fear for my life kind of drive, but it doesn't matter, it's fun just driving sometimes like you're really there with your own car
Same as the lfs Ai
Quote from farcar :How is it the same?

They drive around the track and do nothing...

I think devs are wasting their time and energy with Ai. And who drives with Ai these days, gt/fm croud?

No matter how good and advanced they are. They don't give me any satisfaction , when i beat them or vice versa
is this u kars19 and r3dman? im 34th and i find it impossibru to go faster atm,but i know i can
Attached images
it is Untitled.jpg
Quote from kars19 :They drive around the track and do nothing...

I think devs are wasting their time and energy with Ai. And who drives with Ai these days, gt/fm croud?

No matter how good and advanced they are. They don't give me any satisfaction , when i beat them or vice versa

I'm the same but they're trying to make ac a complete "game", hence the "career mode". Presumably that gives it a broader appeal, and I understand why they've made that decision but it's not something I have any interest in, and honestly the car count will never be enough to draw the gt/forza "car collectors" but maybe it will sell enough extra copies for it to be worth the diversion from the stuff we think is more important.
I imagine its also something a programer takes soem pride in. I'm not too bothered by it, but then again, If nobody is online or you (I really) just suck and only can follow the field either way, it's nice to still have some fun racing.
Quote from e2mustang :is this u kars19 and r3dman? im 34th and i find it impossibru to go faster atm,but i know i can

Yes that's me, I just did random test drive, never attempted to hotlap there
I am busy with mp4-12c atm, I found out how macca works and trying to get wr @ Imola, need just tiny improvement at sc2

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG