The online racing simulator
Bathurst s defenately one of the most challenging tracks to drive consistently. It has few very difficult braking and acceleration zones and some turns are difficult to be consistent at the limit. But it is a great track once you learn it. I think it would be amazing in the late model I think .
Maybe its my setup or my rig setup but the v8 is just a nightmare to keep on the track im always fighting to stop it spinning and can never think about putting in a decent lap..

I have the wheel (g27) at 670degrees effects at 101% and the other 2 at 0% return to centre is also at 0%

Ingame its 67o, non linear, strength at 15% dampening and the other both at 0%

The car just feels all over the place and when turning at below 50mph its like ive driven off tarmac and onto ice.. Probably the physics.

Whenever i feel a slide coming as soon as i try correct it, it just throws me off the other way (as if i have 1000000% sensitivity)

Any ideas?

The other cars are ok, the mx5 is fine on the new tyre patch.
I have never driven the v8 so I really can't comment on that, but always have 900 degrees in windows and in game, that's where the "as if i have 1000000% sensitivity" feeling comes from because you use a lower steering degree.
Quote from Hyperactive :Bathurst s defenately one of the most challenging tracks to drive consistently. It has few very difficult braking and acceleration zones and some turns are difficult to be consistent at the limit. But it is a great track once you learn it. I think it would be amazing in the late model I think .

Just like any other track then.
Thanks i ill try it.
My first race on Bathurst, great track, too much crashes...

With 54 car fields during week 13, you can't with a seriousface expect anything else
especially when safety rating doesn't matter
Bathurst + Mx5 is epic
Join IRACING: Use Promo Code PR-PASTRANA and get 3 months basic membership with the Nationwide and K&N cars included for FREE $12. That's 71% off
Damn iRacing physics driving me nuts downhill braking (Bathurs)
precicely Miata can't be that sketchy, with racing slicks no matter how little/gentle you break... car wants to spin out like mad
Ok spinning is not a problem, dab some oppo and you will be fine (in RL and LFS for example), but not in iRacing:cookiemon
A teammate has a MX5 in real life and he says the iRacing version drives pretty much exactly like his car does, even the lift off oversteer is the same. And the car doesn't have slicks.
Must be scary car to drive
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :A teammate has a MX5 in real life and he says the iRacing version drives pretty much exactly like his car does, even the lift off oversteer is the same. And the car doesn't have slicks.

Does he have iRacing cup and baseball hat ?
I have no idea, I only know that's what he said on TS today when he was driving around bathurst, you'd have to ask him yourself.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :I have no idea, I only know that's what he said on TS today when he was driving around bathurst, you'd have to ask him yourself.

I was just poking fun. The mx5 feels alot better than it used to for sure. It used to swap ends like a Lancia Stratos.
Cant get bathurst down.. Fastest ive managed was a 2'10.3 with an opt of 2'08.9.. The fast lot were doing low 2'07!
Ok, ok, ok. I hated the V8, but OMFG it is epic fun at Bathurst. Been a while since I had this much fun banging out practice laps by myself.

Managed a 2:07.9 on a full tank.
Gratz on podium Isaac
-
(Iginla) DELETED by Iginla
Quote from Mustangman759 :Gratz on podium Isaac

Thanks, definitely unexpected after I derped qualifying, I guess the hours on cargame dodging the wrecks paid off in the end . Shame Robin couldnt make it through the lap 1 carnage though. Had quite a lot of people congratulating me etc even though I dont really play LFS anymore, nice to see the community spirit etc
Quote from IsaacPrice :Thanks, definitely unexpected after I derped qualifying, I guess the hours on cargame dodging the wrecks paid off in the end . Shame Robin couldnt make it through the lap 1 carnage though. Had quite a lot of people congratulating me etc even though I dont really play LFS anymore, nice to see the community spirit etc

At least you made the grid when you borked your Q. I was running 45.9s-46.1s all morning and then did a 46.5 in the official session. Congrats on the podium though.
Thats rough, better luck next round
Quote from thatguy :At least you made the grid when you borked your Q. I was running 45.9s-46.1s all morning and then did a 46.5 in the official session. Congrats on the podium though.

Woo Connecticut!

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG