The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
[13:45:53] Remco "TCLF" Majoor 420Blazit'olot: I have driving lesson in 15 min
[14:41:01] Matt Kingsbury: you will crash less than the iracing website

oh dear, so true
I'm just so glad I didn't buy the DW12 for the 500
Hmm so why did they cancel the event? I thought it was kinda big deal to do the indy 500? Don't have iracing so can't read their forums.
Quote from Hyperactive :Hmm so why did they cancel the event? I thought it was kinda big deal to do the indy 500? Don't have iracing so can't read their forums.

They can't afford proper servers. Oh wait...
only in iracing they bumpdraft indycars on the brickyard
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Scawen : spam
So, finally have a subscription again, thanks to my new sponsor, Outlaw PSD. I'll have to secure funding from somewhere else if I want to advance past the rookie split, but for now I'm just happy to be back.
I can't believe there's people supporting the iR staff right now after the cancellation
I suppose I missed something?

Oh, the Indy 500. Not a big deal for me personally, but I'm sure I'd say different if I was planning to compete.
Quote from chanoman315 :I can't believe there's people supporting the iR staff right now after the cancellation

People who spend a lot of money on a product try to deny the revelation that it's bad or faulty in some/all manners as acceptance of that fact then means they got ripped off.
Quote from chanoman315 :I can't believe there's people supporting the iR staff right now after the cancellation

Yea I agree... They should be receiving the dustin dawes treatment x1000
If anyone thinks they've cancel the event on purpose is mentally retarded.

BTW.
Quote from Tony Gardner :As many of you are aware, we had a website issue on Friday night just as the Indy 500 was starting. As the cause of the problem was unknown (still working on it), we officially cancelled the race Friday night and the race Saturday night. The problem however was not the sim itself or the race servers, it was with the web and data infrastructure of which there are tens of thousands of queries and calls happening all the time. We experienced no other problems other than at “race time” unfortunately.

Again, our deep apologies for this. As I said in another post it is more disappointing to us than anybody. We worked very hard to get the car out on time for the race and organizing the event.

As a small token we are awarding every member a $6 credit this week who purchased the Dallara DW12 car through Saturday, May 24. This is at least a 50% discount and in many cases more than that with the multiple purchase discounts we offer and we already gave a $6 credit to whoever purchased the old Indy car in the last 90 days.

As far as scheduling a new race, as I alluded to in another post we have some projects that we have been working on to reduce the chance of something like this happening in the future. Longer term, a redesign is happening with one of the main purposes if not the main purpose to have the most stable service possible.

Anyway, we want to wait until we roll this new code out which we should do in coming weeks and then we can reschedule a new race. The goal is certainly before this normal 13 week season ends towards the end of July. We may even decide to do a fun race sooner rather than later followed by an official race. Will keep you posted.

I love that you can only get a little "sorry" if you buy more of their content.
Could you shout a bit more so we can actually hear you all?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :lol, nice to see they're getting "famous" over there as well

Same butthurt kid made a big deal about some Twitter post someone made to his mother.
Quote from videogame09 :Odd that you call him a wrecker. I have raced with him a lot and he seems really clean to me. Also, seems like most people on the iRacing site seem to agree with whatever he supposedly did.

Caution was out for about 40 seconds and he punted the leader full speed out of the race. Everyone gets upset but it's even more of a bone headed move when you already have 2 race bans to your record.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Same butthurt kid made a big deal about some Twitter post someone made to his mother.

Caution was out for about 40 seconds and he punted the leader full speed out of the race. Everyone gets upset but it's even more of a bone headed move when you already have 2 race bans to your record.

From what I hear it sounded like whoever he wrecked had mocked him on voice chat and hit him multiple times prior to when he intentionally wrecked him.
-
(HeWasPretyMadxD) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Mustangman759
Quote from Töki (HUN) :lol, nice to see they're getting "famous" over there as well

that's just Ray being too much of a pussy to kick the offending user off the team...
Turn off your virtual wheel.

Some of the newer cars I dont even know what the wheel looks like because its always off for me

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG