The online racing simulator
Oh Juan the funny guy.

So funny.
Montoya is awesome. It makes me laugh though that Jimmie keeps going on with this. If Bowyer (who was behind Jimmie) was also past Juan, then maybe there was an issue. However, just like Juan said, there was Jimmie, and then there was the field. People would expect the whining from one of the Busch brothers, not Jimmie. However, this isn't the first time Jimmie has done this, and won't be the last.
Quote from PMD9409 :Montoya is awesome. It makes me laugh though that Jimmie keeps going on with this. If Bowyer (who was behind Jimmie) was also past Juan, then maybe there was an issue. However, just like Juan said, there was Jimmie, and then there was the field. People would expect the whining from one of the Busch brothers, not Jimmie. However, this isn't the first time Jimmie has done this, and won't be the last.

Yep. Like Juan said, Jimmie and Chad are those type of guys that thinking they can get exemptions from some rules because they are 5 time champs...
Do the officials in NASCAR have access to the telemetry data from the cars these days? It sounds from the onboard that Johnson was on the gas pretty hard after he jumped early but he says a number of times that he was on quarter/half throttle all the way down the straight trying to give the place back.
Quote from amp88 :Do the officials in NASCAR have access to the telemetry data from the cars these days?

Yes.
Jimmie is stuck up, but I don't really think it's Jimmie; I think it's Chad who's "rubbed off" onto him. Chad always is telling him what he's done and he's always seemed to think that he's better than the competition. Slowly, I think Jimmie has picked it up from him with all of the time that they spend together.

There was no doubt in my mind that the restart was jumped. Like you guys said earlier, it was Jimmie, then it was the field a whole car length behind. It would have been okay if he was the leader, but he just wasn't. It's Juan's restart to make

Look for Juan to win a race this season . I think Pocono would be a good track for him, but of course the road courses

Happy Hour practice times for tomorrow's Party in the Poconos 400
http://www.jayski.com/stats/2013/pdfs/14poc2013prac2.pdf
Juan obviously held back when he realized he could get Jimmie penalized or had a bad start.

Fine, but Jimmie NASCAR would've forgiven you if you had given it back in turn one... they have a sense of judgment too lol. He made no effort...
You're right Ray, the whole field worked together and went half throttle on the restart to give Jimmie the penalty.
Quote from PMD9409 :You're right Ray, the whole field worked together and went half throttle on the restart to give Jimmie the penalty.

"Juan Pablo Montoya talking about teams struggles about earlier in the year, 'we were behind Danica in points.' said a matter of factly."

Bob Pockrass via Twitter

Today's race was dominated by Jimmie... HMS is going to like the TRD engine problems I'm afraid . Jr ran nicely the entire day and brought it home 3rd . It's nice to see the most popular driver actually be competitve (for the win) for once
Quote from PMD9409 :You're right Ray, the whole field worked together and went half throttle on the restart to give Jimmie the penalty.

No I am just making fun of Jimmie's logic

Andddddd Brad Kesololski's truck failed post race inspection
So did Jimmie's, but NASCAR let his car "settle" and suddenly it wasn't underweight anymore.
Very sad.

heard last night, very sad indeed.
Do NASCAR drivers have some sort of contract to not race in other than NASCAR? It doesnt make sense for drivers to rick injury racing minor categories... I remember when Esteban Gutierrez came to Mexico in his GP3 era, he couldn't race go karts to prevent any incident that may happen, like this one.
Some of the top guys may, and some of the top guys try to focus solely on the top NASCAR series and not risk either injury or focus off that series. Others (mainly people lower down), go back to the grass roots series for the fun of it. Leffler made his career driving midgets in USAC, so I'm sure he kept up with that since starting his career back in the late 90s.

He always seemed like a good guy, and I feel terrible for his son. Jason posted about him all the time on Instagram.
You think USAC would atleast try to make the cars more safer it seems too often someone is killed by them.
Very sad news. Too young, and too much ahead of him. Thoughts especially towards his son Charlie :'(
I never knew Nascar's could do over 200mph in any other circuit than Dega and Daytona
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-rjgzl5xTo <--- JJ Dover Restart On-Board / Radio

http://racing-reference.info/getqualify/2013-15/W <---- Qualifying Results

13 drivers broke the 200 MPH barrier, and Carl Edwards got the pole with a speed of 202.452 MPH / 325.815 km/h (35.564 seconds). Marcos Ambrose stoll holds the track record from last year at 203MPH, but the tires were changed before the race actually started because of reliability issues and the new tires were a good bit (5 MPH or so) slower.

Also, Jason Leffler's COD was a blow to the neck (Layman's terms), so (I can only assume) that he was struck by a piece of debris in the neck after contacting the wall.

Article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/ ... -of-death-nascar/2421945/

AND:
Quote :There are five race tracks the Sprint Cup Series currently races at that #48-Jimmie Johnson has not won a Sprint Cup race at:
Michigan: 0 for 21 with a best finish of 3rd in 8/2007
Kentucky: 0 for 2 with a best finish of 3rd in 7/2011
Watkins Glen: 0 for 11 with a best finish of 3rd in 8/2007 and 8/2012
Chicago: 0 for 11 with a best finish of 2nd in 7/2004 & 7/2008
Homestead: 0 for 11 with a best finish of 2nd in 11/2004 & 11/2010
plus Johnson ran five races at Rockingham Speedway and didn't win there

Yet his vegas odds are 4:1... AND here's JJ's record at Rockingham since these stats weren't listed ( http://racing-reference.info/r ... &trk=101&series=W ) best finish of 2nd in 11/2003

JJ has had a podium finish at EVERY Sprint Cup track in which he's started
Quote from JackDaMaster :p1 results: http://www.jayski.com/stats/2013/pdfs/15mis2013prac1.pdf

Bobby 12th

Top 4 over 200mph

I always knew Bobby was better than his car allowed him to be. Look how poorly 'Dinger did as well, shows it ain't Bobby, it's the bloody car! On another note. Ken Schrader made the grid

But then again, look how bad the Gibbs cars and Gordon did, maybe they are just more trimmed out for race
noooooooooooo bobby

2013 NASCAR Thread for the Rednecks
(1309 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG