The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :In this country, marriage vows are most definitely legally binding as they are in the majority of the world.

The vows themselves are not binding. The marriage itself is; there is no law against infidelity. As said all you need to do, legally, to be wed is both sign a piece of paper, show ID, and not be already married. Everything else is extra and based on tradition. Tradition is not law.

Quote :You a sworn to devote your love to that person, and that one person only. You become theirs indefinitely and they become yours, because if your nobody else's then who's are you?

I am my own. I am not defined by my relationship. It plays a big role in my life, a massive role, but it does not define me. The same way my common-law wife is not defined by me or our relationship. We don't belong to each other, we work together.

Quote :I don't know what you've heard or interpreted about marriage but it most definitely does suggest that you will bed no other or court no other person in the nature of the vows thus legally binding you to keep it in your pants...

The nature of marriage is a promise that you won't stray. But a promise is not legally binding. The only thing that is legally binding is the paper you sign that says you are married and know of no reason that you legally cannot be.

Quote :She wants to be treated like MY women, and I want to be treated like HER man. We both play roles in a relationship and we can't avoid it because it's our nature.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that she has to be dependent on you. There's a difference between being a woman and being a slave. I'm sure you treat her well, but I'm also sure that she is not dependent on you for everything (even if she is a home-maker; she probably worked before and could again if she chose to).

In a partnership, no one is wholly dependent. You may fill different roles (should, really, as each has their own strengths to form a stronger partnership) but you'd both be equal.

Quote :In relation to marriage it's a sacred bond. A promise to your loved one, in front of all the people you care about, your country and your god (if you believe that shit) that you will stay together forever and not leave them for the next piece of ass you see.

I agree on that; it is a statement. But many people don't need that kind of statement. Especially not one that often costs tens of thousands of dollars.

Quote :You need a lawyer to file divorce and the vows are most definitely not moot.

You don't need a lawyer. It is advisable, but it is not a requirement.

Quote :It must be a lot different in Canada because I don't understand why you have this determined view on the falsity of marriage and it's tradition. In this country everything you say is a verbal contract that's witnessed by a decent amount of people and you must heed that you know of no lawful impediment to the marriage itself.

I'd imagine laws on marriage are more or less the same in most of the 'western world.' I'm not saying marriage is a falsity, and I agree that it is tradition. What I'm saying is that vows and promises are not legally binding, and that not getting married does not mean that you are not committed.

[EDIT] Oh yes; Sorry for calling you a neanderthal. That was a bit over the top. And I'm happy to hear you treat your wife well.
Quote from maggot :[edit] oh yes; sorry for calling you a neanderthal. That was a bit over the top. And i'm happy to hear you treat your wife well.

APOLOGIES ARE FOR THE WEAK

Also: Lawyers are usually only used in Divorce proceedings to deal with mutually owned items like houses, cars and such.
My god what has this thread come to. Endless pages of boring BS
I don't understand why any man would want to get married.
She did a photoshoot of my car yesterday, I asked her out to the hard rock cafe tonight and she said yes
Quote from JJ72 :Not married = guaranteed multi pair of boobs

Also guaranteed empty wallet.
Quote from Scrabby :She did a photoshoot of my car yesterday, I asked her out to the hard rock cafe tonight and she said yes

Did you specify that it was a date? Make that clear.
Quote from BlueFlame :Also guaranteed empty wallet.

Yes because you can actually spend it on things you like! Instead of using money to shut up your bitch.
Quote from JJ72 :Yes because you can actually spend it on things you like! Instead of using money to shut up your bitch.

Doesn't happen with me. I let it be known to any girl I got with that I don't do valentines day, Christmas or any materialistic shit. When she gets a gift she's bloody well grateful and doesn't expect them and I reciprocate.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I don't understand why any man would want to get married.

I'm engaged, tbh I don't see a reason why not to get married if you have found the right one.
Quote from BlueFlame :Doesn't happen with me. I let it be known to any girl I got with that I don't do valentines day, Christmas or any materialistic shit. When she gets a gift she's bloody well grateful and doesn't expect them and I reciprocate.

I see you still think we believe whatever BS you come up with about yourself.
so yeah, a couple of weeks ago i was worried that the condom broke, it did not!

yolo.
Thats really good. You may only live once but that's about 216 child support payments.
Quote from el pibe :so yeah, a couple of weeks ago i was worried that the condom broke, it did not!

yolo.

FYI: A girl can still get her period when she's pregnant. It's not even that uncommon, really.
The ****? I knew she was cheating on me! That slut!
Happened to see this:

Attached images
Made-Me-lolcatz.jpg
Quote from Dennis93 :Mate, it can.

I know, I know.. I was just hoping someone would find that video as hilarious as I did
I laughed, quite a bit. But yeah they can break.

Post Your Girlfriend / Love Life Advice 101
(5206 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG