The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
If you can, try Rockingham. Hardest oval on the service imo (and Darlington, also very difficult).

Also you forgot to include Dover in your list. And Homestead. And Indy. And Iowa. And Michigan (omfg so awesome in indycar). And NH. And Milwaukee.

I think you can see what I'm getting at here
Quote from JackDaMaster :and Darlington, also very difficult

I saw a video on youtube of a class A around Darlington. It appeared he was playing a game of "let's see how close I can get to the wall and stay there for the entire lap".
that's the fastest line
Quote from Mustangman759 :that's the fastest line

Yes I did kind of assume he was trying to go fast rather than just because he wanted to play chicken with the wall.
Milwaukee and New Hampshire are shit, it's like driving in a car park around two cones.
Quote from J@tko :Sorry I should have put a :P at the end of that. I was being semi-sarcastic, I know what actually they are very different, but from the outside they're the same. I actually really enjoy oval racing in iRacing, mainly because I'm surprisingly good at it. Came in the top 30 in the last rookie street stock season (admittedly that's only R + D, but in an R+D road series I'd be nowhere near that good) and SS @ Charlotte is so much fun, because of the strategy of trying to pass someone.

It doesn't help that there's so many oval tracks. I'd be forking out >£100 if I wanted to run even anywhere near a full season in any high up oval series. And as there aren't many of them (and fixed schedule is the same as open), you could easily be in a point where I can't run anything high up for several weeks, unlike road. If I bought let's say the McLaren and the HPD, I'd easily have a choice of >D class road series to run every week. But on oval I wouldn't without spending alot of money

Yeah the :P or a would have helped. I just bit.

I found myself doing more ovals for the same reason as you. Plus the fact that the racing was closer. I find at my level on road you spend so much of a race hot lapping on your own that it gets boring.

Regarding purchasing tracks, I did it a bit at a time (well 3 at a time to be precise) and over a couple of seasons purchased the content. $30 odd dollars per month is not such a big hit as all in one go. Especially as it takes 3 months for a whole season to play out. Also once you have a good amount of content you find you are not looking to spend at all. You just have to resist the urge to buy the latest track etc.
watching jack with the caddy... oh hes spun yet again
Quote from BlueFlame :Milwaukee and New Hampshire are shit, it's like driving in a car park around two cones.

What you really mean is you don't like them but typically you have to say they are shit rather than saying they are not your cup of tea.

Personally I'm not a short track fan but I understand why others do like them.

But then you hate iRacing so will take every opportunity to attack it. Again, personally, if I don't like something I don't read the threads relating to them. I spend my time doing stuff I do like.
Quote from menantoll :I find at my level on road you spend so much of a race hot lapping on your own that it gets boring.

Exactly this. Almost every oval race I do is actually really good fun (I have a huge iRating compared to my license so I'm always in top split), but in the past couple of months I've only had one road race that I would describe as "fun".

I'm currently spending a bit too much money on RL racing to be able to spend much on iRacing. Buying the McLaren and a few tracks soon though. Might add some ovals then

Quote from Mustangman759 :watching jack with the caddy... oh hes spun yet again

Not my fault baseline is unbelievably shite. I did 10 straight clean laps after you left! It's amazing how stupid the tyre model is. The other 2 people on server crawled round for a lap then went 2s a lap faster than me on their hotlap......
We are proud to announce the RadicalsOnline iWCS promo video, in anticipation of the season start tomorow.

Watch Video (or click picture)

Tune into at iRacing.com/live tomorow at 14:00GMT to catch live FW31 action from Circuit de Spa Francorchamps.
gl guys
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :I did them 6 at a time, the 20% discount basically means you get 2 free tracks for each purchase. I found when you get 6 tracks, you can pretty much just choose the best tracks of the season, chances are you'll already have 1 or 2 so you'll be able to do a full season with drop weeks .

Sorry mate but you want to have another look at your maths there because 20% of 6 is 1.2, Even buying 4 tracks at 14.95 and 2 at 11.95, then comparing your saving to only the cheaper tracks, you only save 16.74, which is 1.4 free tracks per purchase
should be D 4.0 in a few races
-
(CheerioDM) DELETED by CheerioDM
Just signed up for three months.
Awesome. :icon23:
Im working towards A licence now, hopefully my next 2 races at silverstone will get me there but i can see lots of off tracks here.
Is it possible to make teams and such in Iracing? If so, someone wants me? ;p
Class D road license with low rating (done no races in this class yet). Still rookie on oval since I have like no races with it yet. I do have the normal 3 month pacake and currently having an blast with the mazda cup.

Named Tor Ole Lerbaek
You can but i think the way the irating system works you would all have to be a similar level. You could just wear the same skins tho.
Ah ok, so my best advice is to practise til Im a level B or A licensed driver before looking for a team?
Nothing wrong with being d or c, all that shows is how many corners you have gone round without crashing. Irating is arguably more important.
Oh ok! Dunno how that works or if I have mutch. Think i have around 1600 ish rating or something. I guess one million is the goal? ;p
is iracing site down.... again..
It's getting beyond a joke.
Quote from The Moose :It's getting beyond a joke.

It's become the Just For Laughs Comedy Festival in Montreal!
This thread is closed

iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG