The online racing simulator
Quote from PMD9409 :1. Opens up every simulation on my PC.
2. Looks in options
3. Finds many assists on every sim.
4. ...

I understand that, but I thought assetto corsa was supposed to exceed every other simulator out there. It was amped up so much. And in this tech demo they don't have damage, etc. Just seems a bit unfinished so far.
Ray: The main intent of the Tech demo was to do 2 things. First, to test their licensing system.

Second was to fix any random compatibility issues with hardware. To make fixing those kind of issues, you want to make the potential issue cases as few as possible to focus on the core elements like the graphics engine or sound engine. You don't want to complicate those things by adding more things to go wrong like adding damage.

Those other things like damage will come in a real demo, whenever that occurs. Also having driving aids isn't inherently arcade, especially if they're aids on a decent physics model. You take the aids off of Forza, it's still a crappy sim. You take the aids of off AC, it's still a great sim.
Quote from Bmxtwins :I understand that, but I thought assetto corsa was supposed to exceed every other simulator out there. It was amped up so much. And in this tech demo they don't have damage, etc. Just seems a bit unfinished so far.

wow
Quote from Bmxtwins :I understand that, but I thought assetto corsa was supposed to exceed every other simulator out there. It was amped up so much. And in this tech demo they don't have damage, etc. Just seems a bit unfinished so far.

Sorry, but are you seriously that stupid or just acting? It's a tech preview! It was released just to test a benchmark on different systems that community has. Basically it was released to monitor everyone's fps work and how many video settings affect that. THAT'S IT. AC community has to collaborate with AC developers and work along, not just sit and enjoy the 'game'. Damn why you even should be informed about the certain things. Follow the action in development!
that would make a rly good signature.
Quote from tristancliffe :Up to a point, yes. I try to maximise myself of course. But I don't like to 'cheat'. To me that's using, say, a setup exploit where lower is always faster even though the car is bottoming all the time. I'll set the car up so it isn't bottoming all the time (unless it's a car that is meant to, for example 80s F1 cars with the magnesium skid blocks!). I also try not to use kerbs that would cause damage in real life (not so much of an issue in tintops admittedly), or cut corners where that would result in a penalty in reality.

I'm self policing, rather than exploiting every bug or limitation of a physics engine. Within those [flexible and impossible to perfectly define] parameters I try to go fast.

The FO8 ride height bug, whereby everyone used nose high setups to get the underfloor downforce component adding to acceleration is a case in point. Undoubtedly faster, but completely unrealistic. I wouldn't do that (anymore!)

Finally, you're seeing things MY way .

Also why I just would not use locked diff setups in most cars when I was racing in LFS in years past. Just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Exploiting physics bugs somehow robs my desire to suspend disbelief, and robs me of catharsis altogether. I'd rather place 2nd or 3rd driving properly than be 1st, and if I happen to pull off a first, all the better.

It IS unfinished, that's kinda the point for the open test platform..
Jesus ****ing christ Ray just shut the hell up already on these forums as you clearly have no ****ing clue about anything that's being discussed.
You are so ****ing stupid man....
Ray pls
From Kunos' twitter feed. There's apparently an AC TP Update coming soon with updates to the video controls along with some optimization.
Talking about twitter, some people really got nothing better to do. First of all what is iRacing even doing on steam, I don't quite get that and secondly who is fanboy enough to vote NO on another simracing title on steam.

Attached images
aris.JPG
iRacing master 'race'
Quote from troy :Talking about twitter, some people really got nothing better to do. First of all what is iRacing even doing on steam, I don't quite get that and secondly who is fanboy enough to vote NO on another simracing title on steam.

Answer: Someone that has spent hundreds and hundreds or dorrah on the "best sim out there" and wants to keep it that way.
Quote from sinbad :Answer: Someone that has mistakenly spent hundreds and hundreds or dorrah on the "best sim out there" and wants to keep it that way.

Indeed.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Ray: The main intent of the Tech demo was to do 2 things. First, to test their licensing system.

Second was to fix any random compatibility issues with hardware. To make fixing those kind of issues, you want to make the potential issue cases as few as possible to focus on the core elements like the graphics engine or sound engine. You don't want to complicate those things by adding more things to go wrong like adding damage.

Those other things like damage will come in a real demo, whenever that occurs. Also having driving aids isn't inherently arcade, especially if they're aids on a decent physics model. You take the aids off of Forza, it's still a crappy sim. You take the aids of off AC, it's still a great sim.

You're right. But then you hve people conmenting its the best. Well, its not finished lets wait for the actual demo.
Quote from luchian :To all those still hesitating: go for it ! It looks good, it feels great, it is great !

And I judge ALL sims out there by comparing them to LFS, the "ultimate" standard. At least until now..
This is really the FIRST real competitor for LFS in my books. (I have tried iRacing, I am regularly following the progress on pCARS, just to name the current under-development sims). If AC net-code will have the similar quality LFS does, I'm thinking this will put serious problems even for the S3, when it comes out (please don't start a war on this, it is my right to believe ).

PS: Didn't try rF2 yet..

admitedly the physics and graphics are good. I wont dispute that. But lets see how all other features are.
Quote from Bmxtwins :You're right. But then you hve people conmenting its the best. Well, its not finished lets wait for the actual demo.
admitedly the physics and graphics are good. I wont dispute that. But lets see how all other features are.

Can you please stop saying 'Let's' - as in let US something. As this is your own opinion, you should not drag other not so pessimistic and stupid people into this.

They're not deserving this kind of treatment.

You could say ; Well I'm going to stfu until I've seen the final Demo because obviously I'm too ****ing thick in the face to understand anything about everything. BRB I should go eat McDonald's.
endquote.

Have a nice Day.
Dennis the man.
Dennis the sexiest man on earth. <3
No homo.
Quote from Hahmo :No homo.

Oh, drop the act.

Everyone saw the pictures, you homo.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG