The online racing simulator
AC should detect all connected devices, and then you can assign any detected button or axis regardless of device, so it should be fine.
Quote from e2mustang :so i need to buy nkp just to try the demo?

You can ask someone to give you the nKPro pay code. It has 3 unlocks in AC.

Quote from troy :
edit: FoV in cfg file Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/camera_onboard.ini

Thanks.

Is it enough to buy GTX 470 or I will have to buy GTX 660?

My problem with physics isin exit of the corner.
When I brake enough to turn, than on the exit I press throttle and the car start to understeer so much that I don't like it...
Tyre temps and the fixed setup play a role in that, as does driving style. Trying rotating the car more with the brakes, and/or taking a later apex.
Yeah the car is a bit underpowered so focusing more on the exit is important. Trying to get the car to rotate on the center has been my issue. Been able to get into the 22's but just not consistently there yet. Seems I can run a mid 22 a couple times, then the rest of the time I'm struggling to run high 22's.

Anyways, happy to get 100FPS @ 2560x1600. Probably going to try turning the graphics down even more though to see if it performs better (or as some say, make me perform better).
Yea, after picking up the game again, I'm struggling to make high 23's
anyone share code for tech prev.
Can I somehow turn off the trees or something? My VGA runs at 45-55fps, it's old Asus GeForce 9600 GT Silent. Of course it doesn't support DirectX 11, so the trees are not rendered in the way it should be. Basically apart them everything is pretty good. Can I turn them off, 'cos it visually distracts. Thanks.
Does the abs stay on even if you switch it off?
You need to switch it off again manually with CTRL+A ingame, reason seems to be that the car got ABS in real life so you can only manually disable it.
Quote from sinbad :Does the abs stay on even if you switch it off?

When you set realism to PRO, it says ABS is OFF, but it actually isn't when you hit the track. You still need to press Ctrl+A to disable ABS.
I'm hearing some 'arcade' comments on the other forums, are they full of shi* or the driiving model isn't full on sim?
I can't find any info on when is the official demo released...? Anyone has more info than me?

Boris, deal with it, this is future LFS... Not saying its that awesome, but it certainly is awesome... Physics-wise of course.
Given that BBT and Tristan are liking it so far, I'm encouraged to give it a try. Is there any cutoff to download it? I know I have to pick up nKPro before the end of the month but what about the tech preview? I'm going to be very busy this week and probably won't get a chance to try it until next weekend more than likely (super busy with work, AND we're moving offices.. Ugh..).
I doubt there is one, I even hear there will be updates with fixes for the TP.
I can't even get into the 23s, but I suspect I'm driving too "realistically", rather than taking advantage of the fact it's a simulator. Old (new?) habits die hard!
I'm happy to even get under 3 minutes for a lap.
Quote from tristancliffe :I can't even get into the 23s, but I suspect I'm driving too "realistically", rather than taking advantage of the fact it's a simulator. Old (new?) habits die hard!

I managed a low 23, but I can't see where I'm losing so much time. I'm rarely at the very pointy end these days in any sim, but I normally have a decent idea why.
Is the general consensus that the standard tyre pressures are optimal? Not that I'm looking for an excuse, I'm just curious.
Quote from tristancliffe :I can't even get into the 23s, but I suspect I'm driving too "realistically", rather than taking advantage of the fact it's a simulator. Old (new?) habits die hard!

Driving it realistically is the way to go. Though you wont go faster after 2 or 3 laps anyway. Restarting the session is currently bugged and doesn't give you fresh tyres like it should, so if you want that "ultimate lap" you've gotta do it in the first couple of laps. The only way to stick new tyres on is to exit the session and go back in again.

All the really fast laps i've seen have been done by left foot braking and revmatching/clutchless downshifting. You can hear the grinding of the gearbox. It's been said that when damage is turned on that will kill the transmission pretty quickly, so it'll be a pointless way to drive races.

I'm driving it realistically as quite frankly it feels like the most realistic simulation of a car I've yet driven . I'm hoping this will be the way to go for the full release with damage on. The 'sim hotlapping' techniques should kill the car quickly by the sounds of things.

Quote from Boris Lozac :I'm hearing some 'arcade' comments on the other forums, are they full of shi* or the driiving model isn't full on sim?

Arcade my arse. Have these people ever driven a car?
To all those still hesitating: go for it ! It looks good, it feels great, it is great !

And I judge ALL sims out there by comparing them to LFS, the "ultimate" standard. At least until now..
This is really the FIRST real competitor for LFS in my books. (I have tried iRacing, I am regularly following the progress on pCARS, just to name the current under-development sims). If AC net-code will have the similar quality LFS does, I'm thinking this will put serious problems even for the S3, when it comes out (please don't start a war on this, it is my right to believe ).

PS: Didn't try rF2 yet..
Quote from The Moose :

Arcade my arse. Have these people ever driven a car?

They're saying that on default every aid is On, so that's why it's arcade. I got worried that there's a separate arcade physics.
Quote from Boris Lozac :They're saying that on default every aid is On, so that's why it's arcade. I got worried that there's a separate arcade physics.

It certainly isn't elitist, exclusive or nerdy in the same way many sims are.

It's designed as a broad appeal car game but the physics beneath it all seem very good and very high accuracy to me. You only have to watch a replay to see realistic behaviour that arcade or "simcade", to use kunos language, games do not get near.

Still the lack of visible tyre movement surprises me, though.
Surely if lfs could manage that ten years ago, Assetto Corsa can today.
What about my bug I found. <1 kmh the wheels won't spin.. the car just.. slides.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :What about my bug I found. <1 kmh the wheels won't spin.. the car just.. slides.

It's not a parking simulator.
Well, it's just a pretty clear indication that the graphical engine is fairly disconnected from the physics engine.

It's the little things. :P

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG