The online racing simulator
Quote from Taavi(EST) :x=90, the 2 bares no actual effect to the value of x

Correct, but 2 plus x = 290
Quote from TexasLTU :2x = (360/4)
2x = 90 (/2)
x = 45

hehe, must go to sleep....

Quote from BlueFlame :Correct, but 2 plus x = 290

where's the plus sign?? and in any case, how does 2+45 equal 290?
There's a ****ing 2 and there's a ****ing x right beside it, so you replace x with 90, it's not really ****ing hard is it, the sum written as it is, is ****ing retarded.
Quote from BlueFlame :There's a ****ing 2 and there's a ****ing x right beside it, so you replace x with 90, it's not really ****ing hard is it, the sum written as it is, is ****ing retarded.

Let's make it really simple: if 2x=90(2*x=90 → x=90/2) then obviously 1x should be 45? Not sure if you are trolling or just ...
Quote from BlueFlame :There's a ****ing 2 and there's a ****ing x right beside it, so you replace x with 90, it's not really ****ing hard is it, the sum written as it is, is ****ing retarded.

do you even algebra
You just proved n*0 = 0.

If it were 2(90), that meant 2x90, not 2+90...

Anyway you FAILED
If that simple math problem causes issues for some...
Quote from PMD9409 :If that simple math problem causes issues for some...

I enjoy sitting back and watching the idiots fail. Beats having to waste time explaining things.

I never post, but this...this...
What the even **** kinda drugs do you people take? It specifies under the sum to use the result of 360/4 under the application of x.

To get 45 what you did was use an algebra calculator instead of your brain.

Why the hell would you divide 90 by 2? There's nothing there to suggest you should do that... Other than some stupid method learnt in a school by a teacher who only knows Mathematics method from the 1850's.
If you aren't trolling, I am now concerned for your son if he ever ask for help in mathematical calculations.

Solve this:
5x = 3(10/2)
Quote from PMD9409 :If you aren't trolling, I am now concerned for your son if he ever ask for help in mathematical calculations.

Solve this:

It's like bodmas and all these other bullshit methods that create multiplication or division rules where they don't exist in the given equation.

I have no idea what the 'right' answer is in terms of what people expect it to be because apparently you would divide x by 5....

BTW Dustin I noticed your ninja edit
Well guys, the thing to pull from this thread is that education is overrated and we should all just do shit however you feel like.

I'm gonna go build a house using only Javascript and salad.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well guys, the thing to pull from this thread is that education is overrated and we should all just do shit however you feel like.

I'm gonna go build a house using only Javascript and salad.

Well that's what BS this all is Dustin, you hit the nail on the head. Numbers don't change and they shouldn't but the way some people get taught is to effectively make up variables in an equation that don't even exist on the paper they are reading from.

Quote from BlueFlame :Well that's what BS this all is Dustin, you hit the nail on the head. Numbers don't change and they shouldn't but the way some people get taught is to effectively make up variables in an equation that don't even exist on the paper they are reading from.

The problem is that you always need rules to solve problems to ensure consistency. Especially considering Math is so closely tied to Science, ensuring that the scientific method stays intact and results are consistent and repeatable is a key to all of our understandings of everything.

Just because 2+3*5 and 3*5+2 look different, doesn't mean that the result should be different. Additionally, these rules (brackets specifically) allow different results to be nested within a formula, while acknowledging that those results must be solved before the rest of the formula to maintain accuracy and correctness.
Maths is the only truly universal language, saying it is bullshit is well.....pretty blueflame.
Science is just something the dumb atheists made up to make them sound smarter.
Quote from CheerioDM :Science is just something the dumb atheists made up to make them sound smarter.

I guess that's the same as Americans thinking that guns are "for protection".

Better take the bus then...

The Inevitable Picture Thread IV: A New Funny
(3741 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG