The online racing simulator
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :

Wait a minute, who of Grosjean and Kamikaze falls under the reliability category? Both are nutters

Grosjean F1 career race finish rate: 64% (9 retirements from 25 races)
Grosjean F1 points finish rate: 40% (10 points finishes in 25 races)

Kobayashi F1 career race finish rate: 75% (15 retirements in 60 races)
Kobayashi F1 points finish rate: 45% (27 points finishes in 60 races)

So basically the same, essentially.
Quote from samjh :Grosjean F1 career race finish rate: 64% (9 retirements from 25 races)
Grosjean F1 points finish rate: 40% (10 points finishes in 25 races)

Kobayashi F1 career race finish rate: 75% (15 retirements in 60 races)
Kobayashi F1 points finish rate: 45% (27 points finishes in 60 races)

Now just deduct the reliability from kobayashi's finish rate and give him a 20% boost in points finishes because hes not driving a Lotus and then it would be more accurate.
Seems that flags take precedence over lights, so no illegal move. Nothing official yet, but that is what FIA sources seems to be saying.
Aren't flags and lights the same thing displayed differently...
Quote from englishlord :Aren't flags and lights the same thing displayed differently...

Signal priority depends on the supplementary regulations for each event. In Brazil, Charlie Whiting's instruction to the drivers was that whatever signal is encountered first, is the signal that the drivers should apply.

In Vettel's case he crossed a flashing yellow, then a waving green, then a flashing green. He passed Vergne after the waving green, so there is no case to answer.
Breaking news: Taki Inoue to replace Romain Grosjean at Lotus.

Quote from Mustafur :Now just deduct the reliability from kobayashi's finish rate and give him a 20% boost in points finishes because hes not driving a Lotus and then it would be more accurate.

Agree. Silly to compare them as gospel when the Sauber and Renault/Lotus were totally different on pace.

Not to mention Grosjeans piss poor performance in F1 in 09 when the Renault was about as decent as the Lotus is now if not a little bit worse. Where as Kobayashi had a baptism of fire and almost scored points in his first event when points were only valid to 8th position.

Infact, to fully use point statistics accurately one would have to compensate for those with results prior to 2010.
Quote from Mustafur :Now just deduct the reliability from kobayashi's finish rate and give him a 20% boost in points finishes because hes not driving a Lotus and then it would be more accurate.

All statistics have to be interpreted in context.

In Kobayashi's case, the figures should be interpreted in the context that the Sauber was a worse car than the Lotus this season, and not a competitive car in previous seasons. Added to that is his string of car-related DNFs in 2011. So he has been less lucky, yet more reliable in bringing home the points, than Grosjean.

Having said that, Grosjean's French connection is probably way too strong for Kobayashi to break. Added to that is his raw speed, which is probably better than Kobayashi's.
Quote from samjh :
Having said that, Grosjean's French connection is probably way too strong for Kobayashi to break. Added to that is his raw speed, which is probably better than Kobayashi's.

I don't think would be wise to care more about Raw speed than a reliable 2nd driver when they have Kimi.
When will we see the FIA Gala highlight video?

Quote from http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20579360 :Last week, Ecclestone, 82, called Ferrari's request for clarification on whether world champion Sebastian Vettel had overtaken illegally "a joke".
Di Montezemolo, 65, said: "We must respect the elderly, especially when they can no longer control their words.

Vettel was already angry when Alonso said that he was fighting Adrian Newey not Vettel,so i wonder how angry he was that the team bosses taught that Alonso was the best driver...

But this was an amazing season ,every race was exiting and we saw alot of "new" drivers showing their skills.

I do wonder what wil happen to Hamilton at Mercedes, it seems to me that moving from the most succesful team to mercedes was more of a money move than anything else...
Quote from The Alien :Vettel was already angry when Alonso said that he was fighting Adrian Newey not Vettel,so i wonder how angry he was that the team bosses taught that Alonso was the best driver...

I suspect that the former would be more annoying than the latter. Team bosses' opinions are just opinions. Alonso's remark about fighting Newey was a psychological attack. Big difference between the two.
Official season review coming finally next week, January 14th to be exact

Formula One Season 2012
(1268 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG