The online racing simulator
Quote from aoun :Only decent drive now is Force India unless he can head back to Lotus with Kimi.

More food for thought is that Romain lost the promise of another year in F1 after more disaster races towards the end of the year, will be interesting to see if he can keep his drive and if he can't, who will fill the void.
Quote from vipex123 :More food for thought is that Romain lost the promise of another year in F1 after more disaster races towards the end of the year, will be interesting to see if he can keep his drive and if he can't, who will fill the void.

Pleez cum bak to F1, Kubica.
Quote from wildstyle :Pleez cum bak to F1, Kubica.

Ruled out, however I did read there is some big interest from leading teams in WRC in him.

Maybe Kovalainen?
To be honest, I'd rate Senna as a better driver than Grosjean, at least he keeps it on the track.
Quote from BlueFlame :To be honest, I'd rate Senna as a better driver than Grosjean, at least he keeps it on the track.

Two vastly different types of drivers.

Senna is the good number 2 driver you want to have to score consistent points for the manufacturers' champ.

Grosjean is the quick "wildcard" you want to have for the odd Maldonado-type win. Or the one you want to gamble on on long term, hoping that he improves his race-craft and matures after a few years.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Two vastly different types of drivers.

Well Grosjean has been given enough of a chance. He's even been through F1 and GP2 twice [a total of 4 years] and it still didn't help.

Statistically Grosjean is 3times worse than Senna, he's had 3times as many retirements.

Senna is one of the most consistent drivers on the grid performing basically to what the car will allow bar a few bad races.
Quote from BlueFlame :Senna is one of the most consistent drivers on the grid performing basically to what the car will allow bar a few bad races.

Maldonado would strongly disagree. And he would consistently prove you wrong, if only he could find a way to keep himself out of trouble endlessly. And we're "only" talking Maldonado here.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Maldonado would strongly disagree. And he would consistently prove you wrong, if only he could find a way to keep himself out of trouble endlessly. And we're "only" talking Maldonado here.

To be fair Maldonado has been actually impressive in the later part of the season more than the first part where he got that victory. Those circumstances at Barcelona sure were weird, looking at the Williams results the majority are what you would expect and then out of nowhere is a single podium.
Quote from BlueFlame :To be fair Maldonado has been actually impressive in the later part of the season more than the first part where he got that victory. Those circumstances at Barcelona sure were weird, looking at the Williams results the majority are what you would expect and then out of nowhere is a single podium.

To be honest, Maldonado could've had at least a few more top 5s. Many times he ruined good Q3 efforts with silly mistakes. And Senna's usual charges from poor midfield qualifying efforts to 8th-10th were only there to confirm that the car definitely had a great race pace.

Considering that Maldonado was dominated by Barrichello last year, sometimes I really wonder what Rubens - or any other strong, experienced, safe and consistent driver - could've done with that car.
Not necessarily. What if the Torro Rosso had been retiring with an engine problem? Would following cars be expected to follow it until the car pulled off the track?
Quote from tristancliffe :Not necessarily. What if the Torro Rosso had been retiring with an engine problem? Would following cars be expected to follow it until the car pulled off the track?

No, cause the car has an issue then. Here it had no appearant issue.

Anyway, doesn't matter much as by seeing the images RE: the green flag on left and stuff it's borderline but yeah... Nobody, not even Ferrari, will protest as it's just not done. I also think that Alonso is pretty happy with P2 and being hailed as "the better driver" for that performance.

Looking forward to next season already, this one was very interesting and amusing (and Austin was finally a nice new track)! Also curious to 2014 with the new engines... Well well, F1 is actually fun again!
Quote from GianniC :No, cause the car has an issue then. Here it had no appearant issue.

Anyway, doesn't matter much as by seeing the images RE: the green flag on left and stuff it's borderline but yeah... Nobody, not even Ferrari, will protest as it's just not done. I also think that Alonso is pretty happy with P2 and being hailed as "the better driver" for that performance.

yyyeeehhh ssuuuurrreeee Ferrari and Alonso 'happy' with second.

Quote :Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1
Ferrari trying to establish whether there is enough evidence to protest Sebastian Vettel for overtaking under yellow flags. Story soon

I don't think anything will come of it, but the motivation is certainly there!

Does anyone have the exact regulation that states that the flags supersede the lights?

Edit: I would need to read the F1 supplementary regulations. Anyone got them? lol That seems to affect it. If the lights were supplementing the flags then there is enough grey for Vettel to be OK, however if they were a 'replacement' then Ferrari have a case.
Surely it is past the protest period who will nullify and protest made as the results are official. Media hype IMO.
Apparently not

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20531638

Quote :its own rules appear to oblige it to do so.
Article 179b of the international sporting code says: "If, in events forming part of an FIA championship, a new element is discovered, whether or not the stewards of the meeting have already given a ruling, these stewards of the meeting or, failing this, those designated by the FIA must meet… summoning the party or parties concerned to hear any relevant explanations and to judge in the light of the facts and elements brought before them."
It adds: "The period during which an appeal in review may be brought expires on 30 November of the year during which the decision that is liable to review has been handed down, if that decision is likely to have an effect on the result of a championship."
That appears to give the FIA until Friday to resolve the situation one way or another.

I can't see, from the 'evidence' that Vettel did anything wrong if that flag was green and not blue.
Yeah, its weird that people are making a big deal out of it. Teemu's pic didn't really show the blue flag(atleast I couldnt see it) but CSF's seemed pretty clear. Also in the BBC article it says that its clear it was waving on lap 3, but not clear on lap 4. But there isn't a logical reason I can think why it would be waving on lap 3 but not lap 4 so it seems like a bit of overhype to me.
Schumacher in seventh heaven at career's end

"The German said he now has concrete plans for his retirement: "I have signed a contract and will be active as a test driver" and wants to improve on his hobby as a sky-diver."

Maybe?

Nah, probably Pirelli signed him.
Yup, Ferrari pulled him in

On bit more serious point - Kobayashi has set up his support site, where his fans can donate money - source
I'd rate Gro higher than Kob. Considering that the latter doesn't appear to have millions of $s to back him either, it would be a strange move.
Quote :"“What’s more important, speed or reliability? That is what Lotus must decide,” he added."

Wait a minute, who of Grosjean and Kamikaze falls under the reliability category? Both are nutters
compared to perez who ever since he sign to mclaren and has done shit. he is realable

Formula One Season 2012
(1268 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG