The online racing simulator
Quote from PMD9409 :

Goodyear either brought a bad tire or was put in a really bad situation today (leaning towards the bad situation though)... hard to tell which.. but that tire was not good with the track for racing. Maybe that had something to do with that rear tire.
Danica taking herself out and then over correcting right into the wall made my day.
She needs a spanking.
Quote from UncleBenny :Danica taking herself out and then over correcting right into the wall made my day.

You were not the only one
Rick Hendrick pretty much let that out 3 weeks ago.
Quote from PMD9409 :Rick Hendrick pretty much let that out 3 weeks ago.

iirc it was even in the announcement on nascar.com when they said smith was driving the 88
Quote from PMD9409 :Rick Hendrick pretty much let that out 3 weeks ago.

Must have missed that one
Yeah it was the announcement of Regan driving the 88 for Jr.
Quote :The Nationwide Series has perhaps not left Quebec, Canada for good, it could end up in Trois-Rivières, and, starting next year. Discussions were initiated, according to sources, with representatives from NASCAR to maintain a Canadian race on the schedule. The mayor of Trois-Rivières has appointed the chairman of the Grand Prix, Dominic Fugere to conduct these talks. Also, there was some discussion of holding a Nationwide Series race at Mosport next year, but the track does not currently meet the crieteria necessary for a NASCAR race. NASCAR has not disclosed the Nationwide schedule in 2013, which suggests that negotiations are ongoing with various promoters.(Montreal Journal, article in French, translated with Google Translate at edited)(10-24-2012)
http://www.journaldemontreal.c ... a-serie-a-trois-rivieres-

Hmm.
ehm... (US-) NASCAR... on such a tiny litte street course... oh boy...
Quote from UncleBenny :I can't wait for this, hope he has some decent equipment and can challenge for the title. I hope we continue to see guys who have skill but can't get top rides in Cup move down to Nationwide instead, will make Nationwide races that much better.

Indeed, I was excited about it too. I'd like to Johanna Long get a better Nationwide Series ride, but I don't see it happening.. This Danica Mania needs to stop though.. Heck, Long out performs her on most days in much lesser equipment. It all comes down to the mighty $ though. I'm ready to watch her run in the low 20's every week in cup with good equipment..

NASCAR Home Tracks: Circuit de Trois-Rivieres 1.53 miles is actually a really good length for a road course in NASCAR in my opinion and it appears as though it would have at least 6 passing zones when looking at the track map . It actually looks like a really good choice of track shape wise. The pavement and safety of the course being ignored as I'm not familiar with the race track. I couldn't find too much on the track beyond that however.

Edit: Lap around the track Looks like a good choice other than the thinning of the track under that arch. Hopefully if they go there it won't be mayhem, because it could be (but then again it always could be eh? )
I don't know anything about that track but on first impression it just looks way too small. It would be mayhem out there with 40 cars.
Quote from Cornys :Indeed, I was excited about it too. I'd like to Johanna Long get a better Nationwide Series ride, but I don't see it happening.. This Danica Mania needs to stop though.. Heck, Long out performs her on most days in much lesser equipment. It all comes down to the mighty $ though. I'm ready to watch her run in the low 20's every week in cup with good equipment..

NASCAR Home Tracks: Circuit de Trois-Rivieres 1.53 miles is actually a really good length for a road course in NASCAR in my opinion and it appears as though it would have at least 6 passing zones when looking at the track map . It actually looks like a really good choice of track shape wise. The pavement and safety of the course being ignored as I'm not familiar with the race track. I couldn't find too much on the track beyond that however.

Edit: Lap around the track Looks like a good choice other than the thinning of the track under that arch. Hopefully if they go there it won't be mayhem, because it could be (but then again it always could be eh? )

The thing is NCTS has 10 less then NNS and Gilles Villeneuve has more error I would say the Trois Rivières. That's why I'm a bit worried about this track. See in the link the NCTS racing there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpD4AWDpgDs
Makes them have to wheel it, I won't complain.
Qualifying at the Paperclip begins today at 3:30 PM EST (19:30 GMT).

I think by Monday Johnson and Hamlin will be closer to BK if not past him.

Last 4 Martinsville Races Average Finishes
Dale Jr.: 4.8 (leads all drivers)
Denny Hamlin: 6.0
Jimmie Johnson: 7.5
Brad Keselowski: 13.8
Quote from PMD9409 :http://www.youtube.com/watch?f ... mbedded&v=R0PLNy32iRM

Real life Days of Thunder finish.

Yeah, here's a full video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ty_mode=1&safe=active

Race Results: http://racing-reference.info/r ... _Whitaker_Chevrolet_140/E

Initially I thought it was LaJoie's fault, but looking at another replay I tend to disagree. Good racing until Moffitt cut down and wrecked himself and the rest of the field (why didn't they slow down?) This was comming to the white flag I beleive.
Is it just me or do they both slam on the throttle and spin their tyres trying to finish, which just creates a massive amount of smoke that makes the crash so bad.
Checkers or wreckers.

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG