The online racing simulator
Quote :QUEBEC BIDDING FOR RACE

A delegation of Quebec race promoters and politicians hopes to meet with NASCAR bosses Friday at Texas Motor Speedway with the express intent of bringing a Nationwide Series race to Trois-Rivieres next season.

The move comes after NASCAR cancelled the NNS Nape 200 at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve last month because the Montreal promoter — The Octane Group — said it could not make it profitable.

On Thursday in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec’s new minister for tourism Pascal Berube pledged the provincial government would back the plan to bring the NNS event to the community, 160 km east of Montreal.

“The distribution and coverage of the Nationwide Series is immense, especially in our American neighbours, and this is the region which will benefit,” Berube said.

The government already contributes $250,000 to the annual Grand Prix of Trois-Rivieres that features the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series and, in the past, the Atlantic Series.

Trois-Rivieres GP manager Dominic Fugere thinks there is still time to get the nod for his race’s inclusion on the 2013 NNS schedule.

“We are early in the process (of applying), but it is one minute to midnight (in terms of getting a race),” Fugere said at the press conference. “I know all the tracks where the Nationwide races and I can tell you that we have nothing to envy to those places.”

Fugere and Trois-Rivieres Mayor Yves Levesque will lead the delegation to TMS.

Ontario’s Canadian Tire Motorsports Park is in line to get a NASCAR Camping World Series race in 2013 and has approached NASCAR officials about a Nationwide race there in 2014.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012 ... dent-he-can-catch-johnson
Well, you've got to try to get going, but evidently they were a little angered about what had happened though

About the Canadian races, it just means that we're getting more road course races (closer to an even number), and I'm all for it
Phoenix announced a grandstand sell out for next weekend's race, but of course Rattlesnake Hill can't sell out

http://www.phoenixraceway.com/ ... /10/Sell-Out-Release.aspx

Brad Kes. never fails to surprize me. Even though I don't like they guy, I've come to respect him a little over this championship battle. He doesn't understand how race control works though in restart order and other situations, and that's what I really don't like about him. At Martinsville this spring he thought that he should have restarted 3rd instead of 8th when he slowed way down to avoid the spinning JJ and Jeff Gordon. He didn't maintain pace, and he didn't understand that. That's just one of a few instances that drive me nuts. Don't think I've forgotten about he and Edward's incidents either.. That lost both of them alot of respect in my eyes.

Great racing towards the end of the Texas race though
Texas looked like it had a lot of empty seats yesterday.
Quote from UncleBenny :Texas looked like it had a lot of empty seats yesterday.

Alot at the exit of turn #4 low and along the back where there's very few stands. Towards #1 and of course the S/F looked decently full. Texas holds 150,000 in the grandstands though if I recall correctly. The listed attendance was 146,000 including the infield, which means if the estimate from NASCAR is acurate then they were probably around 26,000 empty seats. It was probably a high estimation from NASCAR as usual. I'd trust a number more like 135,000 with the infield.
I like that camera angle alot Cool video.
Quote from Cornys :Phoenix announced a grandstand sell out for next weekend's race, but of course Rattlesnake Hill can't sell out

http://www.phoenixraceway.com/ ... /10/Sell-Out-Release.aspx

Brad Kes. never fails to surprize me. Even though I don't like they guy, I've come to respect him a little over this championship battle. He doesn't understand how race control works though in restart order and other situations, and that's what I really don't like about him. At Martinsville this spring he thought that he should have restarted 3rd instead of 8th when he slowed way down to avoid the spinning JJ and Jeff Gordon. He didn't maintain pace, and he didn't understand that. That's just one of a few instances that drive me nuts. Don't think I've forgotten about he and Edward's incidents either.. That lost both of them alot of respect in my eyes.

Great racing towards the end of the Texas race though

Your kidding? Edwards is a retard who should have been suspended by NASCAR, he nearly killes Brad jn revenge twice because he wrecked himself at dega.
Maybe not unexpected, but I like Regan Smith more so its more enjoyable than unexpected.
Big news here: http://espn.go.com/racing/nasc ... r-drive-stewart-haas-2014

Also, unrelated:
Quote :from ray dunlap on twitter about 40 minutes ago "@truckpits
In 2002 NASCAR set a min age for driving in the ncwts at 18. That will soon change. Watch for details next week."

I skipped the "also, unrelated" line and thought that was the big news haha. Wow, Harvick to Stewart-Haas, that is huge. Danica is so out of place on that team, wish they didn't need her just for the money. Stewart, Newman, Harvick is a pretty solid lineup. I'm sure Harvick saw the writing on the wall knowing Austin Dillon is going to be in a Cup car most likely in 2014.
Don't quote me, but:
Austin to replace Kevin.
Ty to replace Burton.

Edit: Menard is money, so don't expect him out as quickly.
Imo, RCR needs to not renew menard and burton also. Those two are awful this year, stick someone else in them. We already know he will have austin, and probably his brother also, sonhe just needs to find that one driver who can take that place, maybe trevor bayne?
Quote from Mustangman759 :Imo, RCR needs to not renew menard and burton also. Those two are awful this year, stick someone else in them. We already know he will have austin, and probably his brother also, sonhe just needs to find that one driver who can take that place, maybe trevor bayne?

I don't see Trevor Bayne getting an RCR ride, what has he done to show he can run competitively in Cup races? He can't ride that Daytona 500 win forever, and I don't think he's even shown that much in Nationwide that he'd get a ride with a top tier team.

Burton has been bad the past two years though. I don't think he'll be around at RCR for much longer either unfortunately. Menard stays because he's got money to back him up.
I can see that , Menard has at least won a race in 2011 and we have seen him run decently
Trevor is over-rated.
Quote from PMD9409 :Trevor is over-rated.

He runs well during the cup races, I see him in the top 10 a lot. He also has not had a full time ride in cup or nws this year...
He qualifies good, but that's about it. Maybe it's the team itself that is making that happen, but overall he was hyped up from the Daytona victory and hasn't performed in an above average way since.

Anyways, another report on Harvick: http://www.sbnation.com/nascar ... aas-racing-2014-childress

Heh, forgot about RCR talking to Kurt.
Does SHR at least build their own cars yet? I know they definitely have Hendrick engines. I hate that I'm basically rooting for Hendrick cars by being a Stewart fan.
"Thanks to Hendrick for the engines and chassis". So yeah, basically Hendrick equipment.
Elliot Sadler please your fault

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG