The online racing simulator
World Of Tanks
(520 posts, started )
Quote from Hyperactive :Well here is easy 1000 gold:
http://worldoftanks.eu/news/3600-behind-lines/

To win as artillery, you must destroy 3 or more tanks.
To win as a tank, you must destroy 3 or more artilleries.
Each valid entry will be rewarded with 500gold

Easy except for...

The battles must have at least 4 SPGs in each team.

Which very rarely happens.
Quote from Bean0 :Easy except for...

Well... Half of my battles in obj212 have at least 4 SPGs per side. I think it is relatively easy to get if you have t7 or t8 arty tbh. The other one is pretty difficult though.

I almost had this in my obj212. Too bad the other team only had 3 SPGs. My glorious double kill was wasted Need to play more games with arty though.

Not sure if this makes good gameplay for high tier tanks to have these kind of competitions .
Physics test server is back online.
Got the arty thing done. That tank killing 3 arties is going to be really really hard!

It will when everyone's driving theirs trying to get 500 gold. Although be prepared for some kill-stealing of breathtaking proportions
Quote from Crashgate3 :Did you make sure you installed it in a separate folder, not over the top of your original installation?

Also, make sure your graphics drivers and DirectX are up to date.

Everything is fine now
If you want to try all tanks, here is your chanse!
http://worldoftanks.eu/news/3756-public-test-version-80/
You will get 20'000 gold, 100'000'000 free experience and 100'000'000 silver coins.
If you are having trouble going through the queue, just keep pressing ENTER rapidly until you get in (might take let's say 10 or more 'refreshes').
Be prepared to get TK'd by the Russians if your username ends in '_EU' though...
Quote from Crashgate3 :Be prepared to get TK'd by the Russians if your username ends in '_EU' though...

Unfortunatly, there are a lot of children and idiots from post USSR area (or combined) on test servers, but to be honest, US players get more agression. Never seen TKs myself though. Its just the understanding that they won't get banned on the main server for what they do on the test ones making them feeling limitless. Typical narrowminded behavior...
Quote from Crashgate3 :Be prepared to get TK'd by the Russians if your username ends in '_EU' though...

I haven't seen any team killing. Some Russian shot at my tank, but it was because I went into his line of sight/aim (I don't know how to say this) and he actually said sorry.

I got TK'd on the test server by some russian although I had _RU behind my name. Yes, I also have account on ru server with same email as on eu server.
Quote from Joku123 :I got TK'd on the test server by some russian although I had _RU behind my name. Yes, I also have account on ru server with same email as on eu server.

There are enough idiots that will TK you even on the main servers, nothing to be worried about...

I've menaged to destroy 4 SPGs with PzIV, but there was only 3 SPGs in my team. Sent that replay anyway. Yesterday I noticed that 500 gold apeared on my account
Quote from Crashgate3 :Does anyone else play this?

I do. I have a tier 10, tier 9, a shit load of tier 8s.

Clan Wars is hell BTW.

Been playing well over a year now.

EU Server.
Never had the time or consistency (or, to be honest, the inclination) to play clan wars. The gold ammo would just make it boring as every shot would penetrate no matter where you aimed or how you were angled.

I am utterly in love with the ELC AMX at the moment. Game starts, tear off and find a bush somewhere for a few minutes' passive spotting, then head back to friendly lines and find where the enemy have left their lines open; then dive through, murder their arty, and head back to troll the hell out of heavy tanks who don't have the gun depression to hit you when you're hugging their sides.
I've just been grinding through the french heavy line recently. I'm at the tier 7 now and the tier 5 and 6 french heavy line tanks (bdr and arl) were both pretty nice tanks. None of them have really any armor but the guns are nice just like the gun depression. The tier 7 m4 does not feel bad either. Defenately a fun line to play.

Same can't be said about the medium line. I just had stop playing that 12t because it is such a bad tank and frustrating to play. Also did not like hellcat but grinded though that too. Somehow the t49 was awesomelly great tank but the hellcat I just could not play well.

Got myself is-8 finally. Feels a bit like a french tank
I'm nicely settled into my VK3601, T40, Churchill and ELC at the moment, my good steady regulars. Apart from the ELC they all have ~60% w/r

And I hit 'proper' 53% w/r today (as opposed to 52.5xxx which shows rounded up to 53 in-game).
I must confess, that WoT is the game that totally moved me out of LFS after selling my G25. I've been playing for 2 years now. I've dome 11k battles so far. 54,4 w\r. RU region.

What I've achived so far: (JS-7, JS-4(sold), T110E5, T110E4 (researched already, but I won't be buying it as will be cut down in 0.8.0), T-54, Object 261(researched only), AMX 50-100 (researched only), Lorraine (sold for now).

Germans: KT and VK4501A researched, waiting for some event to come by.

LT: T50-2, VK2801.

As for premium tanks: T2LT, Tetrarch, Pzkw B2, Churchill, T-25, T34 (got it for free:razz

Tanks that are left in the garage for fun: Hetzer (permanently!), SU-5, SU-26.
Quote from [RF]-art555 :I must confess, that WoT is the game that totally moved me out of LFS after selling my G25. I've been playing for 2 years now. I've dome 11k battles so far. 54,4 w\r. RU region.

What I've achived so far: (JS-7, JS-4(sold), T110E5, T110E4 (researched already, but I won't be buying it as will be cut down in 0.8.0), T-54, Object 261(researched only), AMX 50-100 (researched only), Lorraine (sold for now).

Germans: KT and VK4501A researched, waiting for some event to come by.

LT: T50-2, VK2801.

As for premium tanks: T2LT, Tetrarch, Pzkw B2, Churchill, T-25, T34 (got it for free:razz

Tanks that are left in the garage for fun: Hetzer (permanently!), SU-5, SU-26.

I'm at 9.5K battle - getting close to 10K

- the EU guys see it as IS - not the russian way ( The EU guys that say JS-7 and KW-2 annoy the shit out of me - when they are marked as IS-7, KV2 - good thing u are on RU server - you have a good excuse to ).

But I have: ( I only wen premium twice in my entire WoT History - but bought prem tanks 3 times )
E100, VB4502P, Ferdinand, Panther2, GWTiger . The rest I don't care about much - for now.

As for my premiums:
- Type 59
- Lowe
- Type 62 ( MM hates you )
Quote from [RF]-art555 :RU region.

You can tell us what all the patches are like before they're released on EU
Quote from Crashgate3 :You can tell us what all the patches are like before they're released on EU

yep
Quote from CodieMorgan :

- the EU guys see it as IS - not the russian way ( The EU guys that say JS-7 and KW-2 annoy the shit out of me - when they are marked as IS-7, KV2 - good thing u are on RU server - you have a good excuse to ).

Well, the original name is "ИС-7 - Иосиф Сталин" Joseph Stalin, so technically, JS should be th right way. As for "KW", it is named after Kilm Voroshilov, so it can only be named KV.
Did some test driving on the test server. Was kinda overall let down. The new physics are not impressive at all. Which would be ok but the "physics" also make the tanks incredibly sluggish and basically all tanks now feel like you are driving in swamp. The lag on the test is pretty bad though so it may be little better on eu server.

Driving my loved T49 was incredibly huge disappointment though. A tank that used to be fast in straight line and had huge turning arc while not losing much speed when turning is now slower and loses all speed when turning. I feel that a ton of tanks that rely on speed and agility are going to suffer massively. I did try some bigger tanks like t28 proto and t110e4 and those were fine though. T49 and T50-2 felt very bad.

Aiming has also been changed some way. All my shots go really low now when shooting on the move. Scout duels are sure a lot harder now. Plus the tracers of the guns are barely visible which means most of the time you can not see where your shot went (which is incredibly bad change). Also gun sounds are total crap.

The new penetration normalization change is frustrating though. I had a game in t28 proto with the top 240mm pen gun and I bounced a shot from the lower plate of löwe that was ever so slightly angled. If weird bounces were a problem in the past then it will get a lot worse.

It is pretty amazing imho that wg are actually considering going live with this. I honestly think 7.5 is much better game than 8.0. Apart from beign able to disable assault and encounter game modes I can't think of anything in 8.0 that I actually want in the game .

To top it off everything looks incredibly fuzzy and blurry. I'd guess it is the bloom thingy and they went totally over the top with it. Some maps like sand river look totally awesome but at the same time the maps have been converted to being artillery paradises. And something strange has been done to the cameras as well. They have added some strange fish eye lense effect when in 3rd person view that makes tanks look stretched when they are not on the center of the screen...

As for positive things you can turn off assault (and encounter) now.
I really enjoy the physics, even in my ELC (although most tanks I drive are slow to medium speed). I like the 'clunk' noises now as you drive over rough obstacles, it gives more of an impression that you're not driving on a carpet.

WG mentioned that most tanks would now suffer a small speed penalty if you drive in a straight line over everything like before, to encourage people to spend more time picking their routes.

I've not had any problem with the looks, bloom only seems to be excessive in the desert maps. I'm also not bothered at all with sounds as I'll be replacing them as soon as 8.0 is installed

Al in all, I'm really looking forward to 8.0.

World Of Tanks
(520 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG