The online racing simulator
Fifa 13
(170 posts, started )
I played the demo on pc. And wow its awesome. The gameday rocks, first touch is nice. Air lob/ thru balls are much better and even go onto players chest if they are surrounded by defenders. Some updates that are noticeable.
also: Pro Club idea.

Live for Football or s/t. Ill play goalie as I did in 12, or striker. idc. Anyone else interested add me on origin.
i might get this on Xbox due to freebies & i only really enjoy the manager mode
I was ill the day the demo came out, and still played it until the early hours of the morning, the result was being bed ridden for 2 days. I urge even die hard PES fans to try it (speaking as an old PES fanboy), because the game flows so much better than FIFA 12, it feels less clunky and scripted, hell it's even fun to play against the computer!
I just can't, honestly i try it every year.. The feeling is just so wrong.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I was ill the day the demo came out, and still played it until the early hours of the morning, the result was being bed ridden for 2 days. I urge even die hard PES fans to try it (speaking as an old PES fanboy), because the game flows so much better than FIFA 12, it feels less clunky and scripted, hell it's even fun to play against the computer!

Couldn't agree more, I played the demo then went straight on FIFA 12 and it felt absolutely awful. The way the players move, the way the ball moves around on 13 just seems so much more natural.

Can't wait, only two weeks
Quote from theirishnoob :i might get this on Xbox due to freebies & i only really enjoy the manager mode

ultimate team and pro club is where its at
Well damn this controller sucks. All the button mappings are different and the button numberings are also different . So annoying to setup. I need a better controller, but something cheap.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I just can't, honestly i try it every year.. The feeling is just so wrong.

I think it was easier for me to get used to FIFA, because I made the switch when the quality of FIFA was miles ahead of the crap PES was coming up with. The last PES game I played properly was 6, but the last good PES game I played was 4.

You should really make an effort with 13 though, it's by far the best football game I've ever played.

EDIT: I have some ambitious plans for my videos this time, I want to do an Ultimate Team, Manager Mode and Pro Clubs series, getting the season ticket so I get it 3 days early too. Oh and I have a demo goal montage in the works, so cracking goals so far.
What controller do you use Silver?
Quote from jrd.racer :What controller do you use Silver?

I play on xbox, and I use the silver xbox pad. But I have a wired xbox pad for my PC too, so I would use that for the PC version.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I play on xbox, and I use the silver xbox pad. But I have a wired xbox pad for my PC too, so I would use that for the PC version.

Thanks. I will try to borrow my cousins xbox controller.
It's probably me, but I don't feel much of a difference? Player interaction seems a bit more realistic and getting players off balance is more significant, but it's not as big a step as when the impact engine was introduced as far as I can tell. I did score a header from a cross, which never happened in FIFA 12, so I guess attackers are a bit more intelligent in how they get past defenders. Hard to tell though, I'd like to have a go with a club that has lower rated players to see how they handle first touch and passing.

Oh, a good change is that you can't kick the !@#$ out of people anymore after the half-time/full-time whistle pet peeve I had in online play, although it was good fun in couch-multiplayer.
you can use the wireless controller too. Costs 3 dollars to buy the chord.
(edit: only power)
Quote from Bmxtwins :you can use the wireless controller too. Costs 3 dollars to buy the chord.

Unfortunately not. The wire which connects the Wireless Xbox controller only feeds power, not input. So in essence the signal is still wireless and your PC won't recognise it.

.. if you did find a way to get a wireless controller to work I would love to know though, then I can get my other controller out of the box it's in
Quote from Jertje :Unfortunately not. The wire which connects the Wireless Xbox controller only feeds power, not input. So in essence the signal is still wireless and your PC won't recognise it.

.. if you did find a way to get a wireless controller to work I would love to know though, then I can get my other controller out of the box it's in

You will need the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Receiver, it's around £7 on eBay.
Quote from Jertje :Unfortunately not. The wire which connects the Wireless Xbox controller only feeds power, not input. So in essence the signal is still wireless and your PC won't recognise it.

There's Motion Joy program, works with PS3 controllers (but there's a profile for xbox too), you connect the supported bluetooth dongle (mine for example doesn't work) and it works..
Well im gonna try it anyways because all my wireless controller battery packs broke, so need em anyways. Otherwise ill use the steel series, if i can get the right stick working

Otherwise can get 2 free ps2 controllers from gamestop using rewards points
Has anyone preloaded yet?
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :It's been a while since I bought a FIFA game, but will be buying this one only becuase Ross County are going to be in it for the first time

Aaah, the songs we where taunting the other teams with last season after we won promotion, mainly revolved around that fact that we where in FIFA 13 and there not. Good times.

Ooh good point I suppose York City will be in this year too.
#45 - DeKo
The irony is that the Scottish 1st teams are in Fifa this year anyway.
Still no Rangers then?

Quote from DeKo :The irony is that the Scottish 1st teams are in Fifa this year anyway.

Are they? Would love it to be so but the list on the EA Fifa pages has no mention of the first being included. Source
#48 - DeKo
Quote from thisnameistaken :Still no Rangers then?

Not sure, apparently it would need a seperate license and no-one has said anything about it. I'm not sure they can make the AI bad enough to replicate how Rangers are playing just now.

Mackie, I'm wrong. I was going on this article, but apparently it has been corrected. Ah well.

"Disappointed Dumbarton fans are being told that the Sons will NOT now be appearing in the new version of the best-selling FIFA computer game.

A spokesman for games publisher Electronic Arts told s1dumbarton last month that Scottish First Division teams would be included in FIFA13 - which would let fans take on the best of the world with Dumbarton.

But the company has now admitted it made a mistake. EA’s spokesman said: “It appears I was given the wrong information as the Scottish First Division will not be in FIFA 13.”
Quote from DeKo :
Mackie, I'm wrong. I was going on this article, but apparently it has been corrected. Ah well.

"Disappointed Dumbarton fans are being told that the Sons will NOT now be appearing in the new version of the best-selling FIFA computer game.

A spokesman for games publisher Electronic Arts told s1dumbarton last month that Scottish First Division teams would be included in FIFA13 - which would let fans take on the best of the world with Dumbarton.

But the company has now admitted it made a mistake. EA’s spokesman said: “It appears I was given the wrong information as the Scottish First Division will not be in FIFA 13.”

Damn, saw that article a while back, thought you might have seen something different. Don't know why EA never seem to do downloadable leagues, considering the cash machine cow it is it seems even more stranger.

Fifa 13
(170 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG