The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from masternick :I take it you have never been on a track? I know a few people that shared this attitude and talked about how drifting on the track is so easy and how good they are then you get them on the track and they do horrible lol

going >60kph in the wet is nothing like doing 100+ on a track nor is it going hard, no need to push the limits on the street when you can have fun going 50%

lolwut
I never said drifting on track is easy, let alone "how good i am"

All i said was that if i can act like a tard' on the streets, he can do it on a track where it is much, much, MUCH safer. Besides, his car is FWD i'm fairly positive...
Dat moment when Frederic Aasbo is behind you.

Quote from Scrabby :Dat moment when Frederic Aasbo is behind you.

snip

I was thinking that his 86 has massive poke, but I didn't think it had that much!!!
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
hey guys, so yeah.. my a4's starter motor died up on me at a petrol station and i had to wait 2h for a damn towtruck..... winter is comming and i dont want to put money on repairs every 2 months... i am seriously considering on selling it and buying a civic for 800-1000$. any civic i can find will have les kms on the clock than what my current car has and the parts for them are there by the dozen.. and its a 1.6 so it will consume close to no gas (wich for a part time job is ideal.. i make roughly 160$ a week ). hopefully i will decide what the hell im doing before winter.
Why don't you buy a Subaru? They're cheap(er than an A4) and last forever like hondas, have AWD for the snow and generally make you look like person who can afford not to drive a Civic.
i dont know.. i want something that is bullet proof and my budget would be of around a 1000$... i dont think that there is any affordable and not beaten to death subie for that amount of money around here. and if at one point i want to gh!no it up i just have to buy a set of cheap 300$ coils cause when its a civic you dont give a crap
and some steelies like these http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/stock-car-series.html
If your goal is cheap transportation, while Subaru's aren't bad, (from what I've seen/being AWD), they tend to use more fuel than an old Civic as well. Of course there're a lot of variables but that's my experience.
yes, my goal is cheap and reliable transportation. i admit that with our winters AWD is a must, but if i think about it, its not like im going to go drive through a 2 foot snowstorm on my way to school... but i'll compare prices of a subie and a civic and i'll make my choice.
Cool. As far as AWD vs. FWD, the better choice is obvious.. though a FWD with decent tires is definitely no slouch in the slickery stuff.
fixed it
and the 140k miles. I don't think they're all highway commuting miles with that racerboy hood.
Quote from el pibe :i dont know.. i want something that is bullet proof and my budget would be of around a 1000$... i dont think that there is any affordable and not beaten to death subie for that amount of money around here. and if at one point i want to gh!no it up i just have to buy a set of cheap 300$ coils cause when its a civic you dont give a crap
and some steelies like these http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/stock-car-series.html

Yeah ginho your car up.
Quote from Tinytacohead :Cool. As far as AWD vs. FWD, the better choice is obvious.. though a FWD with decent tires is definitely no slouch in the slickery stuff.

Confirmed.
AWD is better in winter in some occasions, but as long as he lives in city where roads are cleaned form snow regulary (unlike my city) FWD with good (prefferebly spiked tyres) will be enough. Besides AWD will use more fuel.

Besides, the most visible advantage of AWD is the launch in deep snow or slippery surface or going uphill on a slipppery road. It will not affect braking or steering that much compared to FWD.
Be a man and get an RWD instead of some crappy rice honda.
hey Scrabby, your car is one Speedhunters! (well, parts of it )

Quote from banfwd :Be a man and get an RWD instead of some crappy rice honda.

Judging by my sig, obviously I prefer RWD as well. I don't care what anybody says though, they are inferior when it comes to driving in the snow & ice. Also, if the goal is economical transportation, why not get a cheap FWD? Be a man & don't post such nonsense!

On a different note, I find these two a little ironic for some reason.. "Speedhunters" and "drifting".
Quote from Tinytacohead :Also, if the goal is economical transportation, why not get a cheap FWD? Be a man & don't post such nonsense!

Umm... So you say economical RWD doesn't exist?
If the car has low power,it doesn't really matter,which wheels are driven...
Quote from Eclipsed :If the car has low power,it doesn't really matter,which wheels are driven...

It is, except in winter, you don't need much power to bang it sideways, a low powered RWD can be loads of fun.

Depends on what you like, if you don't like having fun in the snow, then get some FWD...
Never had problems to get my [some years ago] G1 Eclipse sideways with brakes or handbrake in slower turns on snow,had enough fun driving much faster than 325i BMW on same course,of course it's nothing for the overkuul d-guys,who are so bored to look out of front window...
Quote from banfwd :Umm... So you say economical RWD doesn't exist?

I didn't say that but if the main goal is to be economical, FWD is fine. Also, (as much fun as it is), it didn't sound like goofing off on slick roads was high on the priority list.

Quote from Eclipsed :If the car has low power,it doesn't really matter,which wheels are driven...

I know first hand that a low powered RWD can do great in the winter, (had a 98hp 1.6L I took everywhere), but nobody will change my views on push vs. pull or having more weight over the driving wheels. As dingy said, it doesn't take much power to "bang it sideways" either, lol.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG