The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen : text

Im extremly sorry for the off topic but i just have to: THANK YOU!!! This is what we all wanna hear: SOMETHING! (no, but for real, just you explaining the little things is enough. You dont need to explain your personal life, just some words about lfs will sooth many.)
This settles me for a long time, thanks for caring!

EDIT: woops, wrong post quoted, but you know which one i mean.
Splendid. That eliminates that theory about the lost sourcecode.

Anything particular to be tested?

Oh btw Scawen, is this little Wine issue solved in this release? Did Victor pass my mail to you?
OFFTOP:

Scawen, plz add "kick/ban" and "track select" vote protection

user can modify game memory but server don't protect this

and what about colision hack?
Quote from chucknorris :Oh btw Scawen, is this little Wine issue solved in this release? Did Victor pass my mail to you?

Quote from denis-takumi :Scawen, plz add "kick/ban" and "track select" vote protection

I have emails about these things but they are not done in this first test host.

This test DEDI that is now available checks user name more carefully for possible validity and confirms actual validity with the master server. This is supposed to eliminate the hack where the user can be connected with an invalid user name. Some other small cleanups in the connection code may possibly eliminate problems, unless I introduced a bug by mistake... I hope not but it's complicated!

DEDICATED HOST B3 : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1736849#post1736849
I think it's "good" the report, well flavored simple, however I think LFS despite having many followers captive, has not those little touches that cause his followers to say "wow". I fully understand that it is an effort by a small group of people who develop this circus, which is why I do not dare to demand them too. I think it goes well the issue of physical, are excellent for my taste, I would consider adding new tracks, or establishing such fixed circuits, ie open circuits "X" or "Y", determined by Popularity (by forum) which are the most used, to be built on them or join the logistics of statistics, as BL1 or WE1. For example, connect LFSWorld all tracks statistics as FE2X because fans today do not know just where they stand, you can not have references to times, hot laps, and generally no information regarding slopes open .

I think there are important aspects that greatly enrich LFS, without simultaneously launching cars, Physical worthy of NASA, or any other pagan feast ...

I thank you for the time Scawen dedicated to this issue, since this is the final account, at least for me, a cheap service, and I expect my comment input to give a little more life to LFS .

Greetings to all and please excuse my bad English .... : (
I have an idea, if someone connects with username like that, masterserver in game ban to ip, so that theyd have o get a new ip to try the hack again. Eventually this would get tedius and hed quit
Off topic: Scawen I'm sure you get this a lot, but can you try to post here at least once a week even if its just "Hi guys how are you doing today" or Bug fixing reports or whatever. Please, it would be nice!
Scawen, after investigating all LFS logs, tcp dumps and e-mails sent by host admins, you were not able to answer to this simple question : "how did he did that ?".
But don't worry, no one can answer it, because there is nothing to understand in logs : you can't fight against the dark side of the force. What can't be cured must be endured.:jedi:

The good thing, is that one of my goal was to bring you back on LFS code, and I succeded. I'm proud of that. Now, I can leave in peace. :checkered
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis : wrong thread
Paradox
Hi there!

I am onestly very impressed with the update from Scawen. Sounds very honest and that fits!

Strange enough: A very serious case of cheating triggers some communication that is worthy for the whole community: A PARADOX.

Hope You guys can solve the problem! Best wishes... Dandy
The new dedi seems to work and S2 host as well, I must say that the log file does lack some useful data. I also noticed that when an admin connects to the host it does say but it doesn't when an admin connects from remote.
Quote from mitza4rally :The new dedi seems to work and S2 host as well, I must say that the log file does lack some useful data.

I'm planning to add some info to the log where a user is connecting, and also look at a few other things that have been mentioned.

Quote from mitza4rally :I also noticed that when an admin connects to the host it does say but it doesn't when an admin connects from remote.

I'm not sure what you mean about connecting from remote.
How funny is such a topic turned into a «plz release S3» «dev plz report» story…
Quote :The good thing, is that one of my goal was to bring you back on LFS code, and I succeded. I'm proud of that.

Lol, that is the most insignificant and ridiculous goal even mentioned I've ever heard, like if you were sure that the devs where not already on it…
Next time, don't be a demented retarded Sith, go for a Samurai who fights to the death for an ultimate goal…
Quote from Scawen :I'm planning to add some info to the log where a user is connecting, and also look at a few other things that have been mentioned.

I'm not sure what you mean about connecting from remote.

Well as you know a server admin can connect from lfs remote but I find it a bit unsafe that it can be done with guest login and the only thing that appears in the log are the commands.

I see that Anakin is back at work because you get disconected from cargame servers after a few seconds with message "Host refused connection", on a B3 dedi host btw. Some messages in red that apear are first "JOOS - COUNT MPSYS CONN" and "JOOS - COUNT CONNS".
Yep Mitza, all connections got lost
Quote :

on both S2 and S1 and when trying to connect it is JOOS blablabla and then "initial synchronisation failed".

This has something to do with the update Scawen did? I didn't see Anakin connect...
check this scawen:

some server crash with wierd message;

It looks like the host is in a bugged state, so you are kicked out. LFS auto-reconnects three times. The InSim program detects this, thinks it is your fault and it is telling you to remove your modifications.

Not good, and I'm looking into it.
I'd like to load it on TC's servers but I crucially need the Insim-timeout fix under Wine or hell will break lose here. Can't be bothered to fiddle in the machine code again and again.
Quote from chucknorris :I'd like to load it on TC's servers but I crucially need the Insim-timeout fix under Wine or hell will break lose here. Can't be bothered to fiddle in the machine code again and again.

There is an InSim issue when LFS runs through WINE? I've never encountered that... Are there any more details available on this? I'd like to take a look at it.
Quote from MadCatX :There is an InSim issue when LFS runs through WINE? I've never encountered that... Are there any more details available on this? I'd like to take a look at it.

When the system-time goes backwards (i.e. due to ntp updates), the Insim is detected as timed-out. That problem only exists under Wine. Windows uses a counter that can only go forward, even if the time changes.
Quote from chucknorris :When the system-time goes backwards (i.e. due to ntp updates), the Insim is detected as timed-out. That problem only exists under Wine. Windows uses a counter that can only go forward, even if the time changes.

That problem with the timer going backwards seems to cause more problems than just InSim timing out. It could affect anything time related across the whole program, and apparently does :

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7710 (see comment 4)

So a quick fix isn't the thing to do, I need to consider carefully how to make LFS deal cleanly and safely with large forward and backward leaps in time reported by the operating system.

That is on my list but at the moment I'm concerned by how the B3 host could have got into that bugged state that doesn't allow anyone to join.
Quote from AnakinSkywalker :bla bla bla

The real hacker would've post here under the usernames he used on servers, so cut the crap and beat it, troll!
I do think he is the real hacker.

He has used a variety of licensed user names (that don't belong to him) and ip addresses to go online.
Quote from Scawen :It looks like the host is in a bugged state, so you are kicked out. LFS auto-reconnects three times. The InSim program detects this, thinks it is your fault and it is telling you to remove your modifications.

Not good, and I'm looking into it.

I am the person who made that screenshot.
After auto-reconnecting 3 times I got a message saying "Server refused connection". After around 5 minutes I can join the server again having the same issues shown on the screenshot.

PS: To add, not all CG servers are having this problem, just S1 and S2 as far as I know.

Might help something. Good luck.
This thread is closed

Ban this guy please [hacker using no username]
(333 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG