The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )

lunch brake
Quote from pb32000 :And why would you do that instead of actually just buying a 16v?

Then again why would you ever buy a mk3 GTI anyway...

I know, i've had this discussion with a few people. It would be much simpler and cheaper to just buy a GTI, but i've become fair attatched to mine, i've spent too much time and money on it to just sell it and get a GTI.

And why get a mk3 GTI? Well my car is amazing to drive, the handling is amazing, all it lacks is power. A Mk4/anything above is out of the question as i cant afford them. And a running and decent Mk2 is impossible to get here.

Quote from G!NhO :Mk3' s are nice but they rust way more than mk2's, eventhough they are younger...

Mine luckily isnt two bad, only rust in 2 places, under one door and underneath the rear light, that one is only rusting because its been damaged.

Quote from Bose321 :You sir, have a great taste.

Not sure if being sarcastic? But thanks.
trunk is now gone lol...sub is a bit oversized
can get the same sound with much less and still have usage of the cars trunk
-
(banfwd) DELETED by banfwd
dat winter toy

I think i have to get rid of it, my dad didn't really appreciate the fine russian cars that they make.

Slap your dad, Ladas are awesome.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :...can get the same sound with much less and still have usage of the cars trunk

I'd be inclined to agree.. my 2nd MX-3 came with a pair of bandpassed 12"s, literally leaving me with the trunk space of a 2nd gen MR-2. They sounded great, but were eventually replaced with quality set of 10"s in a much smaller/better box design. After a little amp tweaking they actually sounded better & I reclaimed most of the hatch. That said, I've never bought speakers for a sound competition or anything, (if you're going for dB's etc). I just shoot for even sound with solid base. Glad you got your old car back.. I know how hard it can be to part with them! (reallly should let my MX-3 go but..!)
Quote from banfwd :Slap your dad, Ladas are awesome.

It is awesome, also the first RWD that I own

It's just a blast driving it in the gravel roads when the bucket seat and the 4-point harness keeps you in the seat, I dared to go faster than I usually drove at some specific road
Quote from nikopdr :It is awesome, also the first RWD that I own

It's just a blast driving it in the gravel roads when the bucket seat and the 4-point harness keeps you in the seat, I dared to go faster than I usually drove at some specific road

i think just for the sake of owning one ill get one some day...i do know theyre well....kinda crap but awesome at the same time.
wont get one as a daily driver but as a toy
Quote from nikopdr :dat winter toy

I think i have to get rid of it, my dad didn't really appreciate the fine russian cars that they make.

Your dad probably hasn't yet recovered from the Lada tuning phenomena of the 90's/early 2000.

Nowadays these are getting pretty rare and driving one around makes people turn their heads.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :trunk is now gone lol...sub is a bit oversized
can get the same sound with much less and still have usage of the cars trunk

Don't need the trunk for anything haha, dont ever put anything in there so im happy to sacrifice that space for my subs. And that is true but theres a distinctive difference in sound between sub inches, ie 12" subs sound completely different to 15" subs. I just prefer the sound of 15's.

Quote from Tinytacohead :I'd be inclined to agree.. my 2nd MX-3 came with a pair of bandpassed 12"s, literally leaving me with the trunk space of a 2nd gen MR-2. They sounded great, but were eventually replaced with quality set of 10"s in a much smaller/better box design. After a little amp tweaking they actually sounded better & I reclaimed most of the hatch. That said, I've never bought speakers for a sound competition or anything, (if you're going for dB's etc). I just shoot for even sound with solid base. Glad you got your old car back.. I know how hard it can be to part with them! (reallly should let my MX-3 go but..!)

I'm not necessarily shooting for dB's, im a bit of a groundpounder, i like alot of "vibrate the shit out of everything" whilst still having clear bass, which is hard to achieve. Luckily my speakers keep up pretty well with the bass.
And if you do ever sell it, don't sell it to someone where you might see the car every so often. It broke my heart to keep seeing my car being treated so horribly, wheelspan everywhere (even when the clutch was completely goosed), never washed or hoovered. Wipers, mirrors, interior parts, all damaged. Horrible lexus lights put on. The list goes on, it was just treated so badly, probably one of the reasons i got it back, just so i could treat her how she should be.
Quote from Migz :...And if you do ever sell it, don't sell it to someone where you might see the car every so often. It broke my heart to keep seeing my car being treated so horribly, wheelspan everywhere (even when the clutch was completely goosed), never washed or hoovered. Wipers, mirrors, interior parts, all damaged. Horrible lexus lights put on. The list goes on, it was just treated so badly, probably one of the reasons i got it back, just so i could treat her how she should be.

Oh yeah.. while you ground pounder's annoy me & my dogs , I'm with ya on not selling local. That's why she's not gone yet, (the car I mean, lol). I keep throwing the local tards inflated prices. I suppose there's been one exception. I did sell my '91 Miata to the mechanic across the street. Thankfully, while I still see it as "my old car" & pretty well daily, the first thing he did was a professional grade paint job to a completely different color & a couple other defining details. (so far nothing too ghetto, lol) Of course, I've still got a Miata & the better of the two, so that helps ease the pain.
migz, your golf is fugly as ****ing shit, good job on ruining it
Quote from Tinytacohead :Oh yeah.. while you ground pounder's annoy me & my dogs , I'm with ya on not selling local. That's why she's not gone yet, (the car I mean, lol). I keep throwing the local tards inflated prices. I suppose there's been one exception. I did sell my '91 Miata to the mechanic across the street. Thankfully, while I still see it as "my old car" & pretty well daily, the first thing he did was a professional grade paint job to a completely different color & a couple other defining details. (so far nothing too ghetto, lol) Of course, I've still got a Miata & the better of the two, so that helps ease the pain.

Haha, i do turn it down when im stuck in traffic or through town. Only time i tend to groundpound is while driving or in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah thats fine, if you know the person you're selling it to will take good care of it then its good, but then again might just end up being jealous if it looks better then when you had it haha. Theres no winning really.

Quote from Robilon :migz, your golf is fugly as ****ing shit, good job on ruining it

Cheers! I did try my best You still carrying on this insult me about everything shit Tommy?
Quote from Migz :...Yeah thats fine, if you know the person you're selling it to will take good care of it then its good, but then again might just end up being jealous if it looks better then when you had it haha. Theres no winning really...

Yea, I sorta feel that way about said Miata, especially when mine's now due for paint, lol. In this case I've got the same car but with half the mileage, a slightly more modernized interior and the engine I favor. Also, I wasn't expecting to see it much anymore.. originally he'd bought it for his girlfriend. Since he paid for it though, when she left the picture, he kept the car, lol. But I know whatcha mean.
Quote from Robilon :migz, your golf is fugly as ****ing shit, good job on ruining it

At least you're honest.
Even if its rice , I would feel less imbarassed in it then in lada. /jk
The UltraRacing strutbar in the ultra racecar !
Attached images
strutbar.jpg
looks like a 325 :P
Quote from KiRmelius :I'll trade my moskvich for it!

What engine does it have?

1500CC engine, double-throat weber and a K&N intake kit.

It's a shame I already managed to get rid of it, I made almost triple the amount I bought it for running a -97 mondeo now.
Quote from e2mustang :The UltraRacing strutbar in the ultra racecar !

comments on forums about strut bar are 50/50, your personal opinion?
Quote from Dmt :comments on forums about strut bar are 50/50, your personal opinion?

Well.. I think the general consensus on strut tower bars is pretty strewn, for two main reasons: (among others)

A. people not fully understanding the differences between macpherson strut & double wishbone, suspensions
B. the average public rarely cornering hard enough for them to make a difference
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG