The online racing simulator
C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
Went through the whole thread... graphics, beautifull, but still nowhere near LFS level of realism eh?
What's the best sim experience now, the pinnacle of PC simulations, not including the online perhaps, but the sheer driving experience..
Quote from boris lozac :went through the whole thread... Graphics, beautifull, but still nowhere near lfs level of realism eh?
What's the best sim experience now, the pinnacle of pc simulations, not including the online perhaps, but the sheer driving experience..

lfs.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Went through the whole thread... graphics, beautifull, but still nowhere near LFS level of realism eh?
What's the best sim experience now, the pinnacle of PC simulations, not including the online perhaps, but the sheer driving experience..

I agree with you, I just feel that the simulation part is really lacking - it just doesn't feel real at all.

I guess rFactor 2 or Asseto Corsa will be the top sims once they are out.
Just to remind you, we should be getting new tyre physics at some point before release
Tyre physics won't help much when even basic things like the gravity is all wrong.

@Boris keep an eye out for Assetto Corsa, it's the most promising so far.
Ok, cheers guys..
iirc, the current tire model will be the one used on consoles, then a more hardware intensive model will be used on the pc, or something. They're trying to polish this one as much as they can.
Quote from Gabkicks :iirc, the current tire model will be the one used on consoles, then a more hardware intensive model will be used on the pc, or something. They're trying to polish this one as much as they can.

Arn't they currently working on a new system, based very much on the principles LFS uses? (at least that's what I read somewhere in the forum iirc)

Quote from Matrixi :Tyre physics won't help much when even basic things like the gravity is all wrong.

@Boris keep an eye out for Assetto Corsa, it's the most promising so far.

As far as I know tyre physics and damage, air and whatnot physics are entirely different systems. Like LFS has awesome tire physics and still formula cars can dance on their back sometimes.

But yeah, the first Assetto Corsa gamplay looked awesome
/drool

FIrst Ford, now BMW...I wonder who is next

I just wish the physics felt more believable and predictable.
Good cars, shame about the horrible physics... -> go go Assetto Corsa
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Name me one decent Norwegian car maker?

I think you allready know your answer
(none)
Quote from Matrixi :Tyre physics won't help much when even basic things like the gravity is all wrong.

Gravity is the simplest thing you can model in a physical simulation. Anything that looks like bad gravity modeling has almost certainly nothing to do with gravity modeling. Unless it is done on purpose which no sim developer in their right mind would do..
Quote from banfwd :Good cars, shame about the horrible physics...

Development is just a few months underway. Will get better.

There is a huge community building up behind this and with this news it only gets stronger and stronger.
Caterham Classic coming in tomorrows build,time to compare to lx4 !
Tango
Love me some drama.
Seems they have got off to a fantastic start.
Shannanigans!
New build out too, 247mb

Caterham Classic....fun car. VERY fun
Btw what's the deal with Asseto Corsa, is NKP canceled and everyone/everything switched to Asseto Corsa or what?

C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG