The online racing simulator
One of croatian forwards was trying to pass the ball to front, but ball hit irish defender and fell right infront of Jelavic; commentator said there's no offside on this situation when ball hits opponent's defender.
Jelavic was always in an offside position, when it was kicked forward by his team mate, hit an Irish player and then sliced to him by another Irishman. Either the linesman/ref are blind, or thought since it came off an Irish guy last that he wasn't offside - but IMV he was surely gaining an advantage by being there...

What was even worse at 3-1 was when the ref had a clear view of an Irish player getting hacked just inside the box but waved it away. He was probably more worried about the Croat who had been down (Ireland weren't putting the ball out for him) who got up as soon as he came over... :rolleyes:
No it's all good here, this is similiar to when someone ends up behind the goalkeeper, he doesn't notice it and tries to kick the ball, then the guy goes from behind and scores.. you probably saw couple of those goals. Yelavic was offside but didn't interfere with the play, since the irishman passed him, it's not an offside.
Surprised Shevchenko hasnt broken his back yet from carrying 10 other men.
On the other end of the scale...

Quote from DeadWolfBones :

I don't understand what that is supposed to be. Didn't get it last night, still don't get it.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I don't understand what that is supposed to be. Didn't get it last night, still don't get it.

He's an 'ultra' clearly.
I read that it's "Fantomas" (google it), but i can't find an example that looks quite the same.
Quote from DevilDare :Surprised Shevchenko hasnt broken his back yet from carrying 10 other men.

His back must be magical, as is his neck and his neck.

I liked that match. The last 20 minutes were thrilling.
A Polish eye witness compared this situation to Germans celebrating their national day in Paris and wearing swastika armbands in German TV.
Little OT, Glasgow Rangers are facing reglegation to 3rd league, now their destiny is depending on decision of other 11 clubs from premier division.
Hm... one of the few Scottish Clubs holding up the Saint Andrew's Cross on the European level. Although the times of Stefan Klos and Christian Nerlinger are long gone, I still like the club.
Quote from Kid222 :Little OT, Glasgow Rangers are facing reglegation to 3rd league, now their destiny is depending on decision of other 11 clubs from premier division.

At last my territory comes into view....

Simple background stuff first of all to try and get everyone up to speed. Over the past 10 odd years Rangers have being running an EBT (Employment Benefit Trust scheme) used to pay bonus to players and staff. No this in it's self is not illegal but they at the time did not pay tax. A couple years ago, HMRC won a case which meant they could chase companies who use the EBT scheme for unpaid tax.....and this is where things get messy for Rangers. It appears that Rangers where using this scheme to make up the wages for players and giving them second contracts which is against the rules of the SFA.

Now about 18 months ago, Rangers got a new owner in Craig Whyte. Now for some reason he stopped paying PAYE tax on wages, and this lead them into declaring administration, which in turn leads to new owners making bids to buy the club and thus leads to trying to make a CVA agreement to repay the debts....but HMRC today said that they will not agree to any CVA agreement.

A Newco club needs to be set up for after the failed CVA, and this Newco now are trying to get into the SPL or the SFL depending upon how the vote goes. If its for the money then a Newco-Rangers remain in the top league of Scotland, if sporting integrity wins then the Newco have to reapply for the Scottish leagues along with other clubs for the open slot in Division 3 that will be opened when Oldco Rangers drop out of the SPL.

It's got all very messy.....

I hate Robben so freaking much...
The last time we defended this bad to the germans, we lost our country for 5 years..
Sadly the defence has been a small problem for the Netherlands. Hopefully they win the portugese, cause I don't wanna see that CRonaldo anymore and I'd love to see Germany - Netherlands final. Go Netherlands!!
Quote from Stig209 :Sadly the defence has been a small problem for the Netherlands. Hopefully they win the portugese, cause I don't wanna see that CRonaldo anymore and I'd love to see Germany - Netherlands final. Go Netherlands!!

Portugal's attack is too strong for the dutch defence.
Bert Van Maarwijk needs to get rid of Van Bommel and De Jong and start with Dirk Kuyt ffs. Dirk Kuyt is the kind of player that gives opposing defense complete physical and mental destruction. Not starting with Kuyt it very stupid IMO.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG