The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Well they must be having problems if it was supposed to be done 45 minutes ago and they had to extend that period another hour. Actually, lets just hope they are doing more instead of something going wrong.
I understand they have to have downtime at some point, but 2.5 hours on a bank holiday Monday evening does not go down well over here.
Here it is, just some small fixes (besides F1 getting a good update):

Quote :Simulation:

Fuel Limiting in Hosted Session

- Fixed a bug that gives all cars the fuel limit that the first type of car has when initially simulator.

- Fixed the tech inspection hang-up issue for the Nascars.

Spotter

- Make the messages about damage only play when chattyness is set to high.

- Make the leader/pace position messages only play when chattyness set to medim.

- Adjust the suspension damage message to require more damage before reporting.

- Make SPCC_N21 to SPCC_N99 messages optional, so international translations can override them as needed.

New Tire Model

- Prevent the surface temperature from exceeding the burn temperature of rubber. Will help keep the tire from getting too greasy when too hot.

Cars

- Fixed the issue where low detail settings would result in very low polygon fingers in the new driver model.

Cadillac CTS-VR

- Prevent bumpstop gap from being able to be set negative, which can cause the car physics to crash inside the garage.

- Improved the baseline/fixed setup.

Chevrolet Corvette C6R

- Prevent bumpstop gap from being able to be set negative, resolving a setup crashing the garage.

- Implemented a minimum ride height of 55mm, per IMSA rules.

- Updated all iRacing setups to comply with the new ride height rules.

Chevrolet Impala

- iRacing setups for more tracks.

Chevrolet Impala Class B

- iRacing setups for more tracks.

Chevrolet Silverado

- Updated Charlotte, Dover and Kentucky fixed setups.

Dallara IndyCar

- Fixes for some tire issues and putting the side force center in a better place, which impacts the saveability at really high speeds.

- New setups for Brands Hatch, Infineon, Mid Ohio, Road America, Spa Francorchamps and Suzuka.

Ford Falcon V8SC

- Correct the rev limiter rpm.

Ford GT

- Updated baseline setup.

HPD ARX-01c

- Fixed problems where driver model would display incorrectly in replays.

- Updated fixed setups with less fuel.

Street Stock

- Improved the NTM tire.

- Updated the USA and Charlotte setups.

Williams FW31

- NTM tire tweaks.

- Adjust the front to rear bias of the high, medium and low downforce aerodynamic maps based on newer, better data received from Williams.

- Force the car to 5 degrees of caster, removing the option from the garage.

- Heave spring bumpstop gap better matches Williams data.

- Updated all iRacing setups.

Motegi Twin Ring

- Fixed a bug where first two standing start positions where past the s/f line and causing them to get a black flag.

- Added missing curbing.

So what should be tweaked on current Caddy setups?
ant, why do you have a gif of pyramid/cash/iracing loop?
Quote from Bean0 : BTCC Civic \o/

Oh hell yes. Wonder if they'll adjust the 4x's for proper touring car racing effect
So, they limit the surface temps, cause they are calculating them wrong? Instead of fixing the underlying problem, they fudge it.. .Again.... I wonder how many of those fudges are in the model?
BTCC Civic?
Oh my I already consider spending another penny or two to this sim..
Civic... *facepalm*

No worries, Assetto Corsa will have proper cars at least.
Quote from atledreier :So, they limit the surface temps, cause they are calculating them wrong? Instead of fixing the underlying problem, they fudge it.. .Again.... I wonder how many of those fudges are in the model?

My thought exactly when I read it. Either they worded it very poorly, or they just set a limit for the tire temperature instead of fixing WHY it was exceeding that limit in the first place.

I have a feeling it is the latter.

Quote from Töki (HUN) :Civic... *facepalm*

No worries, Assetto Corsa will have proper cars at least.

What's wrong with the Civic? It's a proper touring car.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :What's wrong with the Civic? It's a proper touring car.

Mr Toki believes all cars should be RWD, and have BMW badges on them
Well, a proper race car is RWD, not as easy to drive as an FWD and much more spectacular. The best example, V8SC, great to watch that tailhappiness.

Keep the FWDs to moms.
Quote from bean0 :mr toki believes all cars should be rwd, and have bmw badges on them

:d :d :d
Quote from BlueFlame :Guess you didn't bother to read this page. :/ :P

Guess i missed that too oh well. Double the exposure for them...and the ammount of money they are taking from our wallets....assuming they bring them out in a reasonable time frame....hehe like the Mclaren xD
Todd's technical post in reply to the "fudge" posts earlier:
Quote :I just did a skidpad test on the MX5 roadster. What it looks like they did was cap the maximum surface temperature to about 196C on this last update. Before this it was able to go considerably higher. I don't remember for sure, but think it was in the range of 250C-270C or so. Don't quote me on that last number, but the 196C currently there is correct, at least on the one car. The cap was the same on all the cars before so I'd guess it's now 196C on all the others too.

This should reduce the drop off at high slip angles and make the tires more consistent when you're sliding them around a lot. I'd expect big slides to be easier to recover from now in general, but haven't tried it yet. Also steering into a spin (steering left when turning left) to recover generally shouldn't work as well. This will vary a bit from car to car I'm sure. The Cadillac would be a good test. I'll try that some other time.

Well nothing changed, heat up the rear tyres of anything and it's like you're driving without a rear wing.
Quote from BlueFlame :ant, why do you have a gif of pyramid/cash/iracing loop?

Well its a hint @ the way IR is a bit/lot like a pyramid system, but with the latest news of a BTCC car i think i'll change it to something nice like a kitten .
Quote from anttt69 :Well its a hint @ the way IR is a bit/lot like a pyramid system,

It's nothing like a pyramid scheme.
It's not even a bit like a pyramid scheme.

It's like an MMO Racing game.

It also has real licensed cars and tracks and constant updates and multiplayer that actually works for racing, and not 1000 different silly rules and pizza delivery.
Protest System to be revamped

http://www.iracing.com/inracin ... m-protest-system-may-2012

Quote :For example, there’s a project on the table now that would automatically boot a driver from a race if he gets xyz incident points. Hit the magic number and race control would black flag the driver, and he’d be forced to the pits for good. Then the guy/lady can’t race again until the steward flips the switch.

Quote from BlueFlame :It's nothing like a pyramid system.

1. The more you buy the higher the % discount.
2. 100%ers get benefits & discounts that others do not.
3. You will miss out on big events if you dont own certain content. Pressurising you to buy more.

Where are you in iRacing pyramid? or should i say how gullible are you?

@ news: Another project they are working on hmmm haven't heard that before.
That's not a pyramid scheme, that's marketing :doh:
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG